Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099014 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1605 on: June 06, 2018, 02:28:22 AM »
I'm not fixing all those with messed up fonts and stuff! LMAO - you can read it, good enough. Makes me a tad crazy though, so if my ocd doesn't kick in ... we're good.

Everything is good ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1606 on: June 07, 2018, 02:43:16 AM »

RED 5 was a fine issue. Gambit was good. I just wanted more.
It is just hard to get a monthly fix of your favourite character from a book that has 9 characters + Sentinel.

Gold 29 was just like any other Gold issue. Gambit was driving some space jet. Rachel pulled info from Sasquatch to Remy so he can drive that space jet. Kinda liked that moment.

Astonishing 12 was bad. X and Psylocke saved the day. X made everyone for some reason except Psylocke to forget everything what happend. Also X left Gambit the purpose to find Fantomex and pay his debt which was very very very stupid.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1607 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:21 AM »
In the preview of Astonishing 12 looks like Shadow King has defeated all of the X-men mentally except for Psylocke who will eventually save the day with X making a return which might lead into the X Classified storyline. This issue of Gold seems interesting even though I know Gambit will not play a part in the storyline.  X-Men Red is the one I am excited about as it seems like he will finally be join the team.

I had predicted what will happen in Astonishing and that is exactly what happened. This book has been predictable and boring.
I was very happy with how the team has assembled and seems everyone has a purpose. Going forward I want to see how everyone with be used. I have never seen Gambit interact with Namor so that will be interesting.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1608 on: June 07, 2018, 06:51:07 AM »
In the preview of Astonishing 12 looks like Shadow King has defeated all of the X-men mentally except for Psylocke who will eventually save the day with X making a return which might lead into the X Classified storyline. This issue of Gold seems interesting even though I know Gambit will not play a part in the storyline.  X-Men Red is the one I am excited about as it seems like he will finally be join the team.

I had predicted what will happen in Astonishing and that is exactly what happened. This book has been predictable and boring.
I was very happy with how the team has assembled and seems everyone has a purpose. Going forward I want to see how everyone with be used. I have never seen Gambit interact with Namor so that will be interesting.

Yeah. Psylocke is Soule`s faveourite so I am not surprised.

I liked RED last issue. I just wish book was bigger like 30 pages or bi monthly. It is very slow.
Overall I really like RED team.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1609 on: June 07, 2018, 10:10:14 AM »
Astonishing 12 was bad. X and Psylocke saved the day. X made everyone for some reason except Psylocke to forget everything what happend. Also X left Gambit the purpose to find Fantomex and pay his debt which was very very very stupid.

On one hand, that could make for a cool storyline for Gambit and I would think bringing him back from the dead would more than pay for his debt. On the other hand, that seems really f***ing stupid of X to say when Fanto literally gave him his life so X could live. If anyone owes Fanto anything, it's X.

I haven't read it, though, so maybe it's a little more tactfully said than I'm picturing.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1610 on: June 07, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »

On one hand, that could make for a cool storyline for Gambit and I would think bringing him back from the dead would more than pay for his debt. On the other hand, that seems really f***ing stupid of X to say when Fanto literally gave him his life so X could live. If anyone owes Fanto anything, it's X.

I haven't read it, though, so maybe it's a little more tactfully said than I'm picturing.

Agree.
It was stupid because X stole Fantomex body and then erased Gambit`s memories about how Fanto dissapeared. It should be X the one who need to find Fanto or help him, really.
Also why to search Fanto if Betsy knows where he is.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:32:09 PM by purplevit »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1611 on: June 07, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »

Agree.
It was stupid because X stole Fantomex body and then erased Gambit`s memories about how Fanto dissapeared. It should X the one who need to find Fanto or help him, really.
Also why to search Fanto if Betsy knows where he is.

Honestly, as someone who's never really cared for Xavier, that does kind of sound in-character for him haha Doesn't excuse Betsy knowing though. Maybe Soule will just say she and Fanto had a really bad break-up  ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1612 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:58 AM »
Gold 30

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1613 on: June 13, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »
Gold 30

I think I can confidently say that they got the back of Gambit's head right  ;)  Hopefully he will be in more than just the background. I do see Deadpool in the background. I wonder if he'll have a scene with R&G. It would be kind of funny of DP didn't get invited (because honestly, how would he have gotten invited?) and Gambit and a couple of the others had to throw him out. Of course, maybe Domino got invited and he's her +1

Also, I'm still not sold on Beast's new look.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1614 on: June 13, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

I think I can confidently say that they got the back of Gambit's head right  ;)  Hopefully he will be in more than just the background. I do see Deadpool in the background. I wonder if he'll have a scene with R&G. It would be kind of funny of DP didn't get invited (because honestly, how would he have gotten invited?) and Gambit and a couple of the others had to throw him out. Of course, maybe Domino got invited and he's her +1

Not if it's written by Guggie...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1615 on: June 13, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »
Oh wow, "Harry's Hideaway"...I don't think I've seen a reference to it in a while.

Yeah, I really don't like Beast's look either.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1616 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:57 PM »
Beast needs needs hair or something...  the back of gambit's head is pretty spot on, we'll see about the rest, boyo.

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #1617 on: June 14, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
So CBR has a couple articles up on the X-Classified series starting in August.  It’s called “Mr. & Mrs. X” and it’ll be written by Kelly Thompson.

Do with that information as you’d like

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1618 on: June 14, 2018, 01:35:24 PM »
So CBR has a couple articles up on the X-Classified series starting in August.  It’s called “Mr. & Mrs. X” and it’ll be written by Kelly Thompson.

Do with that information as you’d like

Interesting. I know she was on twitter a couple days ago talking about all these secrets she knew. I think she said we would know more in July

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1619 on: June 14, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
I would think that Marvel would market a Rogue and Gambit wedding? 
Though I do think that KT isn't quite done with R&G.