Author Topic: Spoiler Tags  (Read 12799 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Spoiler Tags
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
You must use spoiler tags.  It is easy to do, and and a courtesy to those of us who don't want to be spoiled.  The ? box is the spoiler tag button.  You click on it and type in between the two tags.

For those who just like to type.  The word spoiler and /spoiler inside [] ... spoiler is the front tag, /spoiler is the back tag.  I will give an example with an * symbol.

[*spoiler] type spoilers[*/spoiler] .. remove * and you've got t he tags.

Please please ... lets be very careful regarding the upcoming movie.  Spoiler tags are for anything new that may get posted on this forum.  Whether Gambit related or not. 

Tags must be used for at least a week, if not slightly longer and in the case of the Wolverine movie ... until the middle of May. 

Neko

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Spoiler Tags
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »
I have removed the thread that was explicit regarding the Wolverine movie.  If you wish to pm each other regarding the movie, axel is the one to talk with. 

Axel, I know you meant well. :)  I'm just protecting myself and my family from any financial repercussions that could occur from that information being on this site.

Please gang, no spoilers on this movie until it is officially released, only whats in the trailers is acceptable.  And that should be in tags. 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:48:34 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
No movie images please that are from the movie.  Only images allowed are promotional material, and whatever is in the trailers that have been offcially released.

I've removed images.  None of these maybe posted until after the movies release.  Please Guildies, I need you to help me out on this.

Neko
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:11:22 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »
axel is the one to talk with. 

I think Axel deleted his account. He showed up as 'guest' when I last saw his post. I think we scared him off, which was really not on purpose. I just told him to keep down and be careful to post spoilers, because there are enough people who just don't want to see. I guess he got offended and deleted his account.

If that was the case, I'm sorry, I was to blame too.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
There is no Axel on the forum member list.  If Axel did delete his/her account, well, that was rash and unnecessary.  I hold no one to blame what so ever.  I should have checked the site earlier in the day but had not.  By the time I did see what was going on it was too late.  *shrugs* What can you do. 

I think explaining what a spoiler is to someone is not a problem.  Some people may not know about spoilers and they only way to  learn is if someone explains it.  So, Neva don't worry about it.  And the fact all the spoilers were from a movie with 29 days to go until its release was a bit reckless.  And deserved someone explaining which is acceptable.  I would wager a guess that .. that sort of thing would have been removed from any of the larger comic book websites.  And most likely could have caused a warning. 

Axel is welcome to come back.  But if Axel chooses to do so, I expect no spoilers regarding the movie, no images or anything that has not been released publicly by Fox or Marvel.   

Its not a big deal, as long as we behave ourselves.   :)

Neko

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:18:28 PM by Nekobaghira »

Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:12 PM »
eh hello its axel here ,Nevaratoiel the reason i deleted my account and will do after this has nothing to do with your post you had every right to be mad at me even if you were'nt, you asked me not to do something and i did it anyway but not out of disrespect for you, like ive said countless times i dont know how to do spoiler tags hencey why i said sorry......sorry again :)

but when someone post this :

the acting was BAD?!
what the hell?
Ok I'm not listening to you anymore
that totally discredited everything you say from now on, he was the stand out of the movie even for those who didn't like it

Now i hav'nt read any of her posts after this but im pretty sure they have not seen the movie and there opinion is from hear say ,where as my opinion is from actually watching the movei, and as i said doesnt mean ya gotta agree with me its just my opinion, i am a huge Gambit fan always was always will be i hate WatXM Gambit and now the movie version but thats me im not trying to convert anyone into hateing this, yes i hate it but i will still go see it in the cinema cause i want it to do well despite it makeing X3 look like an oscar winner ,but to bash me and say that im bulls*** well thats the last line, i know fourms can be harsh alot are hence why ive only ever been with the GG always seemed to be friendly even if the speculation did bug the hell out of me, i never said they were full of s***

Nekobaghira i said if there was an administrator who didnt want to have the Spoiler thread up to feel free and take it down its no big deal and im sorry if it caused you or your family any trouble if i had known Fox was going all out on this i would not have started the post, sorry for all the hassel and sorry if i broke any rules on this , yes im over reacting but im not gonna be apart of this anymore 

axel

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »
This is not an issue, we took the thread down as soon as able to.

Axel/Alex or which ever name you'd like to use.  You are still welcome.  You've not caused any issue but a bit of stir that needed to be addressed.  And all I'm asking for is no spoilers of any kind with unreleased material.  And I would want that no matter the subject matter.

I took everything down as soon as I could.  Again, no ill will at all.  You are welcome here.  If someone was over zealous in the rules, then you should have pmed me.  If the rules were broken, someone should have pmed me.  However, it should have been common knowledge this kind of information was inappropriate.  Lets keep the scales even here.  And if you didn't know how to do something .. just ask.  Someone would have helped. 

I check this site but not every moment of the day. 

I'm disheartened this experience did not turn out well for those who were involved.  However, lets put the past behind us and try to live today.  :)

Neko
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:22:00 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline CJK92294

• Global Moderator
  • Horseman
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:05 PM »
Don't feel as if you have to leave the forum.  I think the person who posted that was frustrated with the situation and hopefully did not mean that personally. I did not see the thread, so I don't have the complete view of what happened.
Next time, if any poster doesn't understand how to use a function on the forum, like spoiler tags, feel free to ask someone on the forum or in the help section of the forum.
Let's also remember to take into consideration each other's feelings before posting. I know I often have to do this because I sometimes say things that don't come off the way I'd like them to.

Talia_J

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
Axel, I am totally getting how you are feeling bud. Honestly, this attitude of "TK IS TEH BEST OMGGGG" fangirlishness is getting tiresome and it's hard to even have a discussion (as was evidenced) because people immediately jump down your throat. It's slightly disconcerting to be honest. Being a fan of something is wonderful. Undying fangirlish devotion is just....it's a bit too much. When you are sincerely upset and annoyed that someone else doesn't like the actor you do, yeah....that's something you need to reflect on and figure out. When you spend all your time on the computer talking about Gambit and your children/family/friends come second.....yeah. Reflect.

This isn't me being a b***h. This is me saying "THIS IS SERIOUS AND WILL ONLY CAUSE PAIN IN THE REAL WORLD". Regardless of what you think of the bonds you make with people on the internet, they will turn their backs like that. It's real life that matters.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:28 AM »
I don't even like TK.  So, I can understand.  He would not have been my choice of actor for Gambit.  That said, I realize things got heated with the thread.  And I apologize that it became unpleasant.  And certainly if there is a way for you (Axel/Alex) and the other poster to work this out, I would hope that it can be.  But I will leave that to the both of you.  I am not going to interfere. 

Allot of the grief would have never occurred if the thread never existed and it should not have been posted.  But alas we can't change the past, we can only learn from it and move forward. 

So - lets do that shall we?

Neko

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 05:50:12 PM »
You know, the main 'issue' is that this is Gambit forum. People who post here love Gambit. Why else would they be here, right? Many people here love Taylor Kitsch (I refrain from using TK, because a name is a name and should be written as such. I don't use abbreviations... much).

I said in the beginning that he was not my first choice, but I changed my mind about that, after seeing him in Friday Night Lights and the Covenant. I wanted to see what he was like as an actor and I think he's good. Even though the show and the movie weren't all that great. So yeah, I now think that he's the best choice they could've made to make him play Gambit. Especially after having seen the unfinished cut, to which I will not elaborate on now.

I know what fans can be like. I've experienced it many times. I remember being on Michael Jackson sites and when I said something not in line with the other fans' view, I was trashed beyond belief. So, I've stopped talking about it. When people are so into someone, they don't want to hear bad things. They just want to hear the good things.

But I've learned from that and I won't shy away from discussions and won't let myself be pestered away, because other people don't like what I say. If they don't like it, that's fine. Let them don't like it.

If you ever read this Axel/Alex, you should take a lesson out of this. Fans do overreact. Don't let them get to you. We are on the internet and most of the people you meet on internet you will never meet in real life.

But on the other hand, it's another thing when you say something and people explicitly let you know they don't want to hear it, don't push. It's not worth it. We are all here because we love Gambit. Some people, desperately. We should be able to all go through one door together, but it can cause friction. We don't want you to leave, you are more than welcome to stay.

But a 'next chapter' button would be preferable when it comes to discussions like the 'spoilers' one.

Maybe this post does not make sense, but I hope you still understand the thought behind it. I'm sorry you left because of this one situation, and I hope you will reconsider.

And to end with a famous quote: "And that's all I have to say about that..."

la

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 05:48:09 AM »
Lol, the drama. No one has to quit the guild. It's happened to me before that someone has reacted to something in an inappropriate way, and seeing as the Guild is here for everyone to enjoy (just see how the forum separates the overly ROMY parts!), of course someone will pull you up on it. Now all of you come back here!

Secondly, I'm sure this opinion expressed isn't down to fangirlism, it seems like axel had one extreme opinion on the film - "makes X3 look like oscar material" lol, and there are bound to be people who disagree with that. I don't think that arguing that someone 'probably hasn't even seen the film' is a good way to counter-argue someone else's opinion either, it's just going to anger people for dismissing them so easily. I just wanted to say that as it's all too easy to dismiss people's opinion with comments such as 'oh, she's just a woman/a fangirl/on her period', you know? People are going to express themselves in a personal, expressive way, but just remember, both sides, that you can't gather people's tone of voice and true attitude from text. Always assume that they weren't trying to offend.

I read in Empire that in Wolverine, the main timeline is set 20 years before the X-Men films which reeeeeeeally disappointed me because I always thought of Gambit as being younger than Scott and Jean at least, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing the film as Hugh Jackman seems to be really enthused about his work and dedicated to creating a great picture. The trailer looks awesome at least. SO EXCITED!

Now then. Play nice and pre-book ur tickets!
To the tune of batman: Gambit-gambit-gambit-gambit Gambit-gambit-gambit-gambit GAM-BIT!  :gambit:

la

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 05:51:41 AM »
We are all here because we love Gambit. Some people, desperately.

*raises hand, grinning*

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
yeah, I admit, I adore Gambit.  Just adore him.   XD

Neko

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
Like I said, that's why we're here. It's no use to get all heated up about this. I just hope this never happens again. Because, as I also said, it's not worth it. We don't all have to be friends, heck, it's forum and technically we don't know each other. But as long as we're having fun posting here, I'm here to stay.