Poll

Who would win?

Godzilla
4 (100%)
King Kong
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Godzilla vs King Kong (movie stuff)  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Godzilla vs King Kong (movie stuff)
« on: October 23, 2021, 12:31:13 AM »
Which bs character would you pick?
##
 I absolutely dislike Kong.The movies changed him to be on par with Godzilla (no). Godzilla would have ate Kong for lunch. IMO.

The axe? WTF

KKong was never bigger than the Empire State Building's top tower and spire and now he is the size of Godzilla? Right, pfft. I don't care about the reboots. Godzilla may be 'fat' but he is the size that was imagined.

I disliked the movie (Godzilla vs. King Kong) and I dislike King Kong more now. Godzilla is a s*** but more like-able to me than a giant monkey.

IMO.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Godzilla vs King Kong (movie stuff)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 05:40:11 AM »
I really liked King Kong 2005 movie. Didn`t watch any new reboots.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 10:42:33 AM »
I saw Godzilla  vs Kong, because I went with someone who wanted to go. I don’t personally care much one way or another. Kong was painted as more sympathetic, but Godzilla wasn’t really the bad guy either (it was the Evil Corporation!) I think Godzilla was shown as the ‘strongest’, though Kong probably shouldn’t have been as strong as he was.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:52:44 PM »
I did enjoy, Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  They added to the lore of Godzilla which was interesting, that is something that had not happened in years.
Jack Black and Tom Hiddleston couldn't get me to watch Kong. I like those actors.

Anyway - I can't see movies in theaters now anyway, I have to wait or rent. Crazy COVID.

That used to be my favorite thing to do, *sigh*

Anyway - I found this meme and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share.
From the gatorsdaily on twitter:The caption is:"hi, yeah, do u have a minute to talk about our lord and savior Godzilla"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 12:39:57 PM »
Lol, that is funny. COVID messed up the movies so much! Ugh, it’s his. Have the theaters near you not opened up again or are you not ready to go back yet?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 05:38:40 PM »
Thanks for asking, Anya.

The Theaters have not opened back up. They literally packed up and went somewhere, it was a chain anyway and decided to cut their loses.

I have five and they're in various places. And they don't cater to new films with the exception of one and I can't justify the 45 minute drive.

I'm in the mode of buy via a streaming service. :)
edit: I miss going to a movie theater, popcorn and all of that stuff.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:43:50 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 10:59:47 AM »
45 minutes is a lot for a movie, a gambit movie could be worth it, lol. Hopefully another theater moves back in fairly soon (because movie pop or is the best:p )

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 10:31:59 AM »
I love movie theater popcorn. Not sure what it is about it but great stuff.

The theater that is 45 min away, can be worth it because its a Movie Tavern. You order brunch, dinner, etc along with whatever beverages you want which includes cocktails or beer. And they cater to you while you are seated in a lounge type chair that completely lays out flat and you can still see everything on the big screen. Lights on the tables to get service and all of that craziness. I only wished it was more centrally located.

While I complain about the drive  - there are other things with that theater that can make it worth while.