Author Topic: The Hello Thread  (Read 155282 times)

bloodonherhands

Re: The Hello Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »
Buh-GAH. English? History? Education?

*glomphs Spectrum*

Every girl's crazy 'bout a well-read man. *nods* It's true.

xenokattz

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2006, 12:32:52 AM »
I thought I'd like teaching college better but dang, adult students can be much wnakier than high school. The moment I sat  back and realised I was having more fun teaching English Lit & Essay writing to 17 year olds, I had to have an early martini. I think despite their bravado, high school students still have a bit of fear/respect/knowledge of hierarchy whereas adult students, especially the ones who've been in the workforce and/or out of school for a while, tend to be know-it-alls. That said, discussions in adult classes are much more fun and high school kids whine more.

bloodonherhands

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2006, 12:37:33 AM »
My plan is to teach English and History at a grade 11/12 level.
Those were important years to me, and the material was stuff that SPOKE to me, y'know? I'd just like to ignite that same passion that I felt in my students.

</idealisticstudentteacherspeak>

xenokattz

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »
*petpets*

You are so cute.

/weary cram-school teacher speak

I had great conversations with my elementary/middle school kids about comics though. *L*

bloodonherhands

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2006, 12:46:01 AM »
I try, Katt. I really do try.

*is convienently leaving out the fact that HAMLET is part of the English 12 curriculum...and also happens to be amongst the more bloody of Shakespeare's works, involving sociopaths, swordfighting, and OMGEMOBOIS*

Elementary/Middle School kids are AWESOME that way.

Offline Spectrum

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2006, 12:47:22 AM »
For awhile while I was working for a little company that was making stuff for space ships and Apache helicopters and junk... I felt like I was really crushing my soul (you can only grind down glass and quartz for 8 hours a day for so long). So I took a long deep introspective look at what I really enjoyed, and I kinda realized that I loved learning, and wanted to continue for as long as I could. I think a love of learning is integral to becoming a good teacher. Like so many other people, I just want to be there for people I guess. When I was growing up, I didn't really have it easy in school (I moved four times in a single school year in sixth grade), but in high school, there were a number of teachers who inspired me.

The only thing that scares me is standing in front of people. It's probably my biggest fear, but I've gotten a ton better at it. It depends on what part of my personality I have behind the steering wheel. Haha.

And yes, I love reading, writing (I've yet to actually share my writing with people though) and all that stuff. lol My ideal situation is to teach and write comics. Ah, bliss.

Again, if my post makes no sense whatsoever... sorry. Haha.

bloodonherhands

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2006, 12:55:14 AM »
No, you made total sense. And if it's possible, I feel as though I must glomph your further for it.

It depends on what part of my personality I have behind the steering wheel. Haha.

I know exactly how that feels. Completely and totally. I don't think I've ever heard it put better either.

Offline Spectrum

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2006, 01:15:04 AM »
Yea, it's just the trouble of figuring out who's driving. lol

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2006, 08:07:27 AM »
Spectum is right ............. I LOVE that picture.  It is my absolutely favorite.  But I do concur with you Mini Wolfsbane, that nearly naked pics of Gambit are also awesome.  Ahh the let the fangirl out!  bwahahah.

Welcome to the guild.

Neko

patty42

« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »
Hello, all.? My name is Patty and I've never posted on this forum before, but I figured I'd give it a shot.? It's nice now and again to chat with other fans.

I'm not online very often, but I'll drop in whenever I think of it.

I'm recently out of college and working towards getting a good start on the path to a career involving lab work.

Gambit is my favorite comic book character of all time.? Lately, I'm angry at Marvel for the Blood of Apocalypse arc and am waiting impatiently for them to fix it.? I think I'm in Remy withdrawal...

Anywho, having rambled for a bit, I will now stop.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »
Welcome Patty,

Ramble away - we all do it.  And WE are all miffed at Marvel about BoA - and the character destruction done to Remy. 

Post when you can.  We love to get every one involved and posting.  :)

Neko
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:22:47 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spectrum

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2006, 09:12:27 PM »
Welcome to the guild, we're all very friendly here. Feel free to ramble all you like!

Velocity

« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »
Hi, I'm Velocity, and I have an addiction to Gambit comics.

(the group: Hi Velocity)

I have this username on several other forums, and y'all can call me V, Vel, or Velocity, I answer to just about anything...

I probably won't post too much, but since it's a Gambit forum...well that might change.? =D

xenokattz

« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2006, 08:06:39 PM »
Heya Vel. You simply must post if only to get that title "Mark" off your name and end the confusion.

JB

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:54 PM »
Hey there. I'm James. Gambit fan for 14 years now. Aspiring artist, mainly in the vein of comics. Some basic writing, too. I'll pop up every now and then. Thanks for the Gambit Guild. Awesome place! Seems like good people, too.
Cheers!
-J