Author Topic: The Hello Thread  (Read 156487 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: The Hello Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:51 PM »
Welcome James!  Would love to see some of your art in the gallery!

Neko

dl316bh

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:30 AM »
Names Damien. my internet name has been dl316bh for about 8 years, since the day I first got on the internet, and it's not likely to ever change.

I've lurked here for a bit, and I figured maybe it was time to go ahead and sign up. I'll definitly be around, and this is one of the few forums I frequent, aside from Raven and Beast Boy Shippers United (RBSU), The BBxRae Shrine (TBRS) and Metroid Fan Mission.

I'm a moderator at TBRS and while trying not to sound arrogant or anything, even I can't deny that I'm an important part of it.

I'm scripting an animated fan movie on the Teen Titans/X-Men crossover, and I slipped Gambit in there, considering I'm a big fan of his.

I've mostly kept up with DC Comics of late, due to anger at Marvel, but I collect trades and storylines from both companies and strive to build my collection to include all the good stories.

On one final note, I am a HUGE Batman fan, so much that on RBSU and TBRS I'm regarded as the "Resident Bat Historian".

It's a pleasure to meet all of you and I'll see you all around.

Once more, dl316bh. Like the infamous rule of the immortals, there can be ONLY ONE.

xenokattz

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2006, 04:51:14 PM »
Make sure to link the fanvid as soon as it's finished. It sounds really interesting.

Oh, and welcome to the Guild!

laffs_s_Lott

« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »
Hiya!

I wanted to introduce myself instead of just lurking around. I love Gambit, especially fanfic (if you have any recommendations please send them my way!). I guess that's about all.... Later!!

-April

RajinPsyence

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2006, 09:37:31 PM »
hey all i'm Justin, i'm 24 and i've been a fan of R&R since the first days of the cartoon series.  Who wouldn't?

.. ok don't answer that.  I live in New Zealand where comics are expensive, scarce and so not worht buying. I'm originally form minnesota where i stil have half a box of x-comics sitting arund for my dad to send me XD

... I'm also a japanese culture fan -- so if you like jrock or anime just hit me up, i got a community i run elsewhere that focuses on that aspect :P

... yea random fact about me: i've realized theres randomly alot about me that coincides with gambit to an extent, just not as dramatic lol.  So between me and a girl i'm kinda involved with, she's my southern belle and she goes by "Justin's southern belle" on her msn, and on the freenode polyamory channel i go as RemyPsy lol.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2006, 11:10:27 AM »
welcome to the Guild!

Neko

Tatyana

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
Hi all!

Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a woman of wealth and taste  >:D
I used to be la bete noir or BlackBeast and I used to be Marvel fan. Well I am stil Gambit fan that hasn't changed  :smitten:.
Nice to see the site again I been missing it very much.

Tatyana

Taigne

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
Hi all,

I'm English (so please excuse the spelling) and was a big comic fan until recent years (i.e. when Fabian stopped writing Gambit and Claremont came back) so forgive me if I'm a bit out of date on Remy's latest retconned past/powers/whereabouts/dealings with death etc. Hopefully now the guild is back I can catch up again!

Um, what else; I'm into fanfic, filk and most Remy related frivolities, but don't worry I'm not that much of a rabid fangirl!

Taigne

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Hello!  Welcome to Gambit Guild, hope you have fun here.

Neko

Shinatoa

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2007, 03:58:15 PM »
Once again it's Shinatoa, back from semi-death and hoping to jump back into conversation. So um... yeah, I'm going to post now.  :coolsmiley:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2007, 10:14:52 PM »
Welcome, and post all you want!!!

Neko

NicoPony

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42:18 PM »
Holee Crap.  The Gambit Guild Lives!  And Neko is still here! 

Hi, I'm Nico, formerly known as my old penname Lady Lyte (also Lytefynger).  I enjoyed the former list and web page, and then it exploded.  I haven't read a comic in four or five years.  As Towelie would say: I have no idea what's going on...  But from the looks of things, I haven't missed much.  I was in an Barnes & Noble the other day and picked up an X-Men.  No Gambit.  Uncanny X-Men.  No Gambit.  Ultimate X-Men, Amazing X-Men? Astonishing?  Phantasmagoric?  Where the hell is he!?

What? Gambit's dead?  Death?  Blind and dead?  A Marauder?  WTF, Mate?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »
Holee Crap.  The Gambit Guild Lives!  And Neko is still here! 

Hi, I'm Nico, formerly known as my old penname Lady Lyte (also Lytefynger).  I enjoyed the former list and web page, and then it exploded.  I haven't read a comic in four or five years.  As Towelie would say: I have no idea what's going on...  But from the looks of things, I haven't missed much.  I was in an Barnes & Noble the other day and picked up an X-Men.  No Gambit.  Uncanny X-Men.  No Gambit.  Ultimate X-Men, Amazing X-Men? Astonishing?  Phantasmagoric?  Where the hell is he!?

What? Gambit's dead?  Death?  Blind and dead?  A Marauder?  WTF, Mate?

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!! It's Lady Lyte, Lytefynger or now known as NicoPony!  I've been wondering about you, and always hope you are well.  It's been ages Lady!!

Gambit is in the trades that feature Golgotha, Bizarre Love Triangle and Blood of Apocalypse.  And there are two trades that covers the second solo series. 

He was powerless, the powered again, to be blinded, then healed .... to eventually become a pawn of Taco Lips.

He hasn't been in the books since they turned him into Deathbit.  Deathbit is DeathGambit.  He became the horseman Death.  Last we saw Gambit he and Sunfire  left and were with Sinister.  And he's still Deathbit.  He looks horrid. 

I've done an update in repository (history section).  Will have another one soon getting up to the Peter Milligan run.  On the solo series now leading up to those Xmen issues.  Xmen issues 166-187.

The mailing list isn't that busy, certainly died down after the popularity of message boards, myspace, LJ's and the like.  More interaction on those forums than a mailing list.  Though, I know people who would disagree with me.  The mailing list still exists and still operates, its just that most people don't post there very often.

Post often, its great seeing you on the board.  *hugs NicoPony*

Neko
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:10:50 PM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »
Oh noes!  I spent the entire dreary day reading the TPB's I bought from Amazon (with the exception of Bizarre Love Triangle; the USPS decided to EAT that book).  Now I'm somewhat caught up.  I forgot how damn WORDY Claremont was.  It's amazing he leaves enough room for the pictures.

I don't remember comics being this BAD before I left.  Didn't I enjoy reading these at one point?  Anyway, I don't blame Gambit for flaking out and joining TacoLips.  If I'd been kicked around that bad, I'd go nuts and dive in with the X-men's greatest enemy.  It was rather cringe-worthy to read.  Have these writers ever been in a relationship before?  The conversations between lovers are really very strange.  If my husband referred to me as "babe" or "sweetheart" I'd think he was on drugs.  I did think the kiss through the space-helmets in "Golgotha" was kind of cute though.

I digress.  Now, if Remy wants to do away with his past, why the heck is he with Sinister at the end?  Isn't that rather contradictory?  SIGH. 

Now, is Colossus alive?  And Psylocke?  I thought they were ded.  But Jean is ded, right?  Still?  And Scott and Emma are romantically involved?  Ew-ness. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2007, 10:29:18 PM »
Yes, Colossus and Psylocke are alive again. 

Jean is dead.

And Scott is doing the nasty with Emma.

Anyway, yeah, CC was always wordy.  And sounds like you've read some Milligan stuff.  Most of his issues start out okay, but once we get a second issue it starts going down hill.  And by the fourth you're thinking "wtf?" ...

Ah well. 

You are almost caught up.

Neko