Author Topic: The Hello Thread  (Read 156682 times)

jamezverusaum

Re: The Hello Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2014, 01:11:06 AM »
I am so glad to find some fanfictions I loved on this website.  I'm fairly certain I used to read some of these a log time ago on other sites.  So glad to find them again.  My favorites were Thick as Thieves and Blindsight.  I literally squeed when I found those and many others here to read again.  Although Blindsight was never finished, I still love reading all the other fics and finding a geeky nook of the web again.  =)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #436 on: April 20, 2014, 07:42:57 AM »
Welcome Jamezerusaum, we also have new editions to the LL via fanfic.net

https://www.fanfiction.net/community/Gambit-Guild-LeBeau-Library/101440/3/0/1/

jamezverusaum

« Reply #437 on: April 20, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
 :gambit: Very cool! Thank you. 

Offline Blayze LeBeau

• Thief
  • Bang, you dead!
« Reply #438 on: November 18, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »
Hiya Ladies and Gents!  It's been quite some time since I've been here, but I have returned.  8)
I got distracted by shiny stuff, but now I'm back in the fold.
What's new with our Cajun? I recently picked up all of the All New X-Factor. I like it so far, but am paused at issue #2. I couldn't find #3 at any of my local comic shops, so I had to order it. :buck2: The writing is a riot and I love the art. I'm very disappointed that it's getting cancelled though; I just found out about it! :(

Anyways, hello again!

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #439 on: November 18, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Welcome back.  Glad you are enjoying ANXF.   It's a bum deal that the book is canceled.  Hoping Gambit lands somewhere.  :)

Offline Blayze LeBeau

• Thief
  • Bang, you dead!
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »
Thanks Neko!  Yeah it is! It's a great book. 
I hope so too. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere (Hopefully somewhere good!); he always does!

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
Hi There

I am a big fan of Gambit since the early 90's animation/comic appearances. 

I'm also new to this website/Forum, just wanted to say a hello.  :gambit:
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2015, 07:39:06 PM »
Welcome to the site, we are happy to have ya.
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Enjoy and hope to see you participate.  :)

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2015, 10:58:55 AM »
Wow some new blood , welcome and feel at home my friend  8)

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »
Hello All!

I have been a loooooong time reader of the forum and a lifetime Gambit fanatic.  I decided to join up because I found a clip of Channing Tatum doing a bit of Gambit at the SDCC and knew everyone here would like it.  I, personally, thinks it's not too shabby considering a few days ago he just said that he was still looking for the guy to get it down.

So yeah.  My name is Philip McNulty and I have been a Gambit fan since I was 5 years old when the animated series debuted in 1992.  I told my dad that one day I wanted to draw that guy (pointing to Gambit) when I grew up.  And ever since then, I have made it my goal to get into the comic book industry to give the rightful respect that Gambit deserves.  My fiancĂ© is a huge Rogue fanatic and she love her as much as I love Gambit, so I am a big time ROMY guy (which over the years, has been hotly debated on here lol).  Also, I'll get this out of the way too, I am a headsock fan.  It's just so Iconic.  No other person can pull it off.  Like Havok.  He can't touch that.  This new guy in DD? He is a Gambit rip off for wearing it.  So that is my feelings on that.

Otherwise, I am currently the artist for William Shatner's Comic Book Series called Man O' War and hoping that Marvel will adopt me as their own so I can right the ship for Gambit in the All-New, All-Weird Marvel land that I have no interest in because they hate 90's comics and hence I'm not that audience they cater too.  I love everything about 90's comics.  Gambit.  X-Men.  Jim Lee.  Death of Superman.  Pizza Hut Gambit collectors poster, book, and cup (all of which I still have).  SHAMELESS PLUG TIME: I even started a campaign to draw X-Men '92 when it was announced and was Re-tweeted by one of the X-Men editors: https://twitter.com/AnimatedPhil/status/609519623499853824

So other than that I am quite simple.  I love my fiancĂ©, I love my family, I love Gambit, and I love to draw.  I once told a friend in college that even though we were best friends, that I am still going to love Gambit more than him.  So it is my pleasure to be part of the guild and looking forward to posting, mes amis.

-Philip McNulty
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:15:08 PM by Nekobaghira »
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »
Great to meet you, Philip McNulty ;)
It was the biggest and funniest Hello post ever. Glad that GG joined Romy fan who like headsock too)
I hope you will enjoy your time here!

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2015, 05:12:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Phil - glad to have you.  It's nice to have another creative person join up and say hi.

Post a link of some of your art, it would be great to see your style.   ;D

Ohhh, there is a required number of posts before a new poster's links work.  Just keep posting.  In the mean time if you have a link and its not working right, one of the mods here will fix it.  We do this to protect the site. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:16:34 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »
Quote from: Nekobaghira link=topic=3. msg65472#msg65472 date=1436908375
Welcome to the forum Phil - glad to have you.   It's nice to have another creative person join up and say hi.

Post a link of some of your art, it would be great to see your style.    ;D

Ohhh, there is a required number of posts before a new poster's links work.   Just keep posting.   In the mean time if you have a link and its not working right, one of the mods here will fix it.   We do this to protect the site.  

I plan on doing so! Haha.  But yeah.  I am very influenced by Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, and Andy Kubert.  Those have always been my "Holy Trinity" lol.  That pic on twitter is mine.  I draw, Ink, and color everything myself.  I have to update my main website (animatedphil.weebly.com) with more of my art prints that I sell at conventions (I get lazy sometimes with that site >. >), but some good examples are also on my facebook page (facebook.com/animatedbyphil).  I didn't mean it to be so pluggy, but heck.  I'm much worse at cons when I have to say that same spiel over and over and over again.  haha.   :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:32:17 PM by Nekobaghira »
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »
*chuckles* all good.  Folks can find you now and who knows maybe commission something will come your way.   ;)