Author Topic: The Hello Thread  (Read 155242 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: The Hello Thread
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
Welcome! I'm primarily a DC person too (unless we're talking X-Men or Spidey). What kind of DC stuff are you into?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2018, 03:40:16 PM »
Hello! After hanging around here for a few months withiut a login, I realized I'd never get to post without an account, haha.  So, I am no longer a lurker and I have an official account. 

I've been a DC girl for years, but my husband introduced me to Marvel with the X-Men Animated Series.  Now I am introducing myself to the comics by focusing on Gambit (and Wolverine) appearances.

Greetings! Introduced you recently, or in the past?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Luna Croft

• Gambler
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
My favorite DC character is Cyborg.  I am also an all-around fan of the Batman series, but Nightwing in particular, if I should pick a character from the series.  I am also a fan of Bombshells. 

I watched X-Men: The Animated Series as a kid, but honestly forgot about it until my husband had me rewatch it in October-ish.  I had been adamant about not caring about Marvel, but he convinced me to watch that series, and I got hooked into the X-Men.  He also now has me watching every Marvel movie ever made, too.  He's a tricky man, lol.  Apparently in order to see Black Panther I must first watch every Marvel movie, both MCU and non-MCU.   

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
I am also an all-around fan of the Batman series, but Nightwing in particular, if I should pick a character from the series.

Hell. Yes.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #499 on: March 08, 2018, 07:31:47 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm a (formerly) lapsed X-fan who recently got pulled back into the mix the moment Marvel announced Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit mini series.

I'm a longtime Gambit (and yes, Rogue) fan who dropped the X-books like a hot potato years ago because of Gambit's horrid characterization by a slew of X-writers (ooo, bitter much?).  Anyway, things are looking up for the Cajun I think, so I thought I'd sign up instead of lurk.  ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2018, 08:06:18 PM »
Welcome Nox! Enjoy the forum.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #501 on: March 09, 2018, 12:49:10 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'm a (formerly) lapsed X-fan who recently got pulled back into the mix the moment Marvel announced Kelly Thompson's Rogue & Gambit mini series.

I'm a longtime Gambit (and yes, Rogue) fan who dropped the X-books like a hot potato years ago because of Gambit's horrid characterization by a slew of X-writers (ooo, bitter much?).  Anyway, things are looking up for the Cajun I think, so I thought I'd sign up instead of lurk.  ;)

Welcome!
I think you chose a right time to return for comics for  :gambit:

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »
Thanks!

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2018, 09:19:18 PM »
Welcome, Nox!  :gambit: :gambit: :gambit:

Offline CajunCajole

• Gambler
    • Cajun Cajole Art
« Reply #504 on: May 31, 2018, 08:37:12 PM »
Hello! I'm Riley, but online you can find me as CajunCajole.  I'm a freelance artist and have done some freelance work for Marvel last year.
I've been a Gambit fan since his first appearance and being Cajun myself, I appreciate Marvel for allowing him to be created.  I actually told Jim Lee this past weekend at MegaCon in Orlando, "Thank you for creating a Cajun. " to which he replied.  "You're so welcome. " with a smile.  Thanks for having me!

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #505 on: May 31, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
Hi! Nice to see you!
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #506 on: May 31, 2018, 10:10:10 PM »
Welcome CajunCajole .....

Sounds like MegaCon was amazing. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #507 on: June 01, 2018, 02:22:07 AM »
Welcome, CajunCajole! Cool! If you will have some time, please share some art with us :)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #508 on: June 01, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »
Hello! I'm Riley, but online you can find me as CajunCajole.  I'm a freelance artist and have done some freelance work for Marvel last year.
I've been a Gambit fan since his first appearance and being Cajun myself, I appreciate Marvel for allowing him to be created.  I actually told Jim Lee this past weekend at MegaCon in Orlando, "Thank you for creating a Cajun. " to which he replied.  "You're so welcome. " with a smile.  Thanks for having me!

Welcome! I actually follow your instagram as well. Gonna be posting any of your art here?

Offline CajunCajole

• Gambler
    • Cajun Cajole Art
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »

Nice to meet you all!Sure, I'll post some art! And yes, MegaCon was a blast!