Author Topic: The Hello Thread  (Read 156359 times)

Offline Rosetintedshades

• Mark
Re: The Hello Thread
« Reply #540 on: November 22, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »
Hey,
I’m Rose  :)

I love reading comics & and writing and reading Gambit fanfic

I’ve known about the Gambit Guild for a little while, but it somehow never occurred to me that it was still active up until I saw the news on Ao3, and decided to check up on the website.  This looks… a lot more alive than I expected to be honest!

I’m not a Romy fan, but I’m also not a rabid hater.  It sure will never be THE main reason I read a fic.
I will read darn near any other interesting Gambit-ship I come across, though.  And Gen-fic too.  Especially Gen-fic, if I’m being honest.
The Nicieza series is what I think of first when I think ‘Gambit comics’, and I can’t be bothered to keep up with the Krakoa-Era.

I’d like to say I’m not obsessed with Gambit, but I’d be lying  :angel:

Oh, and I also love ugly ‘action figures’.  Like these little things that are made out of this tacky plastic and are so bad, they are good, in a way.  Or at least hilarious.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #541 on: November 23, 2022, 06:40:02 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Rose. I hope you have fun.
Neko

Offline HarleyC13

• Mark
« Reply #542 on: October 19, 2023, 11:34:31 PM »
Hi, y'all! Just got into Gambit a few days ago.  But I got REALLY into him! And I love that he's Cajun! I live in Louisiana, myself!

But there's so little out there! Anyone know where I can find Gambit fics for Gambit x reader or x original character? I can't find any.

Call me Harley, by the way!

Offline HarleyC13

• Mark
« Reply #543 on: October 19, 2023, 11:51:32 PM »
Quote from: HarleyC13 link=topic=3. msg80533#msg80533 date=1697772871
Hi, y'all! Just got into Gambit a few days ago.   But I got REALLY into him! And I love that he's Cajun! I live in Louisiana, myself!

But there's so little out there! Anyone know where I can find Gambit fics for Gambit x reader or x original character? I can't find any. 

Call me Harley, by the way!
Or just fics without any romance.  For Gambit.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #544 on: October 20, 2023, 07:50:10 AM »
Hi HarleyC13,

Welcome to the guild. I hope you find what your looking for fic-wise.

My best advice is FF.net or AO3 (Archive of our Own).

I don't think I've seen a fic based on the criteria you've described. Not much new material Gambit as it is, most Rogue-centric these days. There is older material out there, you might something you like.  :gambit: :D
You can scroll through the library here and maybe find something but I don't recall anything matching.
Fic's without romance is out there, its just older material and not much in the way of new with just the action/adventure genre but there is some. Good luck on the hunt.
Again, Welcome to Gambit Guild, and Hi!

https://www.gambitguild.com/library/
https://www.fanfiction.net/
https://archiveofourown.org/