Author Topic: Fanfiction Scouts Wanted  (Read 142875 times)

la

Re: Fanfiction Scouts Wanted
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

Back to topic: These are great suggestions. The question remains, who wants to proposition these authors? Who wants to make first contact and invite them to post? Hmm?

(Bueller?)

What's Bueller? Oh, Ferris? I never saw that. It's on my imaginary list that will never be completed nor remembered. I'm sure you all have them.

Well the idea was that a topic could be created on the fanfic board and that people could note the names of contacted authors as they go along. If they requested that only certain stories be posted, we could follow the name with the fic in brackets. E.g.

LA
Lucia de'Medici
Valerie Jones (Blind Sight).

It's not perfect but I think it would be easier than scrawling our way through the whole fanfic scouts wanted thread searching for names.

Or perhaps it should be more organised and look a little like the review board; organised alphabetically that is.

Should the authors' contact addresses also be included?

Just brainstorming here. If this is a bad idea, I would gladly take on the task of contacting authors on behalf of the Guild. It's the least I could do after all these years of sitting on my bum writing bad fanfics and smut and reading the delights of others  :laugh:

Yours to command as you please  :smitten:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 02:43:08 PM by la »

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 06:07:56 PM »
I don't think putting authors' contact here on the forum is a good idea. It'll probably only cause them spam. Maybe just give it to the ones (by PM) that want to contact them.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

la

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
Hi

Lucia, I was just wondering if a child board could be created called "fanfic scouts" or something. Then in that, it could look like the "Guild Authors" board and have writers listed by name. Under which, we could write details of whether this author has been contacted, which addresses are dead, which stories we have a right to archive from particular authors, if we have the right to archive any story by this author etc.

Alternatively, on the Child Board we could just post topics with the authors name, but it would have to be ordered alphabetically, dont know if that's possible. This seems like the least complicated way of doing it.

We could keep it in the current "Guild Authors" section, but it might get a bit messy and I don't know how it works, whether or not we can add an author previously unpublished without adding an actual story.

Let me know what you think

x

Offline Minska Catral

• Mark
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:43 AM »
I don't know if this archive is still being maintained, but if you are interested I have a collection of Romy fics that I copied into document files years ago that are likely otherwise lost at this point.  (Some I did this with almost 15 years ago. ) I have left author names/info in place when it was possible so if you would like them I could send your way and you can see if the authors can be reached.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »
We don't maintain the archive here  ... however, we do have it at fanfiction.net. Though, I'm toying with the idea of replicating it at AO3. 

Anyway - I think the romys would love to read  your fics.

https://www.fanfiction.net/community/Gambit_Guild_LeBeau_Library/101440/

Its been a long time so if you wanted to just post via a thread, I think it would be fun.