Author Topic: Changes 7-13-12  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Changes 7-13-12
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
Current one is 800 x 600.  It can be larger, I don't want it smaller than that though. 

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 04:24:59 PM »
Size is no problem, I work on photoshop. I think i will try to simulate the new font to make the words THE & GUILD for the home page using Clay Mann's art on the new series.

I'll make a suggestion the following days. Now that my arm has almost recovered from tendinitis, I need to create :D
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline Mitch

• Bring Gambit back in glory
  • X-Man Mentor
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
Hello GGuildies,

Gonna make some changes to the site.  Mostly paring down and utilizing the stuff that gets used the most.  Repository isn't really necessary considering all that is available and Marvel has their own bio page, in addition Uncannyxmen.net is a fantastic resource site for everything Xmen.  Lebeau Library is gonna go away.  Working on places for it to live and have been given a great idea on where it can be, will keep you up to date on where it can be found.  Fact is fanfiction.net is a better vehicle for fanfic, easier to use as well.  I won't move the LL until its got a good home, and if what I plan won't work, it won't go anywhere.

Doesn't change the forum boards and those who like to post fanfic there still can, I'm just freeing up space on the server.  The artwork takes up allot of space and its one of the things I like the most, so to accommodate it and its potential growth and along with redundancy in other places, it makes sense to consolidate the information and make better use of what is actually available.  An example being, Gambit's history becoming a link to Marvel's site.  

Thanks.

Great, this gave me a perfect time to panic and I am now working frantically to save every piece of fanfics in the LeBeau Library chapter by chapter.

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »
Hi All,
I am looking for these writers:

Adrienne
Alexandra Nigro
Alicia McKenzie
Amanda Sichter
Ascian
Belle Bayard
Broadway
Cassandra Fraser
Cat Smith
CrystalWren
Diamonde
Dorell
Elena Zovatto
Em Snyder
Enyo
Ephiginia
Evaryn
Faith Barnett
Fred Garber
HF
Indigo
Irual
Iruku Tenshi
JB McDragon
Jacque Koh
Jenn
Jintain
K-Nice
KB
Karolina Phillips
Kaylee
Keith Chism
Keri Wilson
Key
LA
Lady Shalott
Leigh
Lomas
Lori McDonald
Loup Garou
Madelein Villerot-Taylor
Matt Nute
The Moment
Nicole Wagner
Northlight
Onyx
Painted Eyes
Patty
RV Bemis
Ratmist
Revel
Reverdy
Sandman
Sarah Watkins
Sascha
Sigel Phoenix
Souba
Spade
Starspirit
Steve Paul
Supersoul
Syvan Coyne
Theoren Marceaux
Vendetta419
Verin Haley
X-Treme
Xenokattz
Wingy

Are you one of the writers above, or do you know how I could get in contact with any of these writers?  If so, please PM me.  Your e-mail on the LeBeau Library is no longer a valid address.

We are making an attempt to reach out to all the authors whose stories we were unable to find on Fanfiction.net.  Here is our proposal:

* Option 1: You can create an account for yourself under your pen-name, submit your story to fanfiction.net, and let us know so we can connect it to our C2 (LeBeau Library Community).  You will be in charge of managing your stories, as well as receiving all the reviews and praise you rightly deserve!
    * Option 2: You can allow us to submit your story, currently hosted on the LeBeau Library, under our site's penname: LeBeau Library.  We will handle the uploading, reformatting, and posting of your story, as well as adding it to the Library.  Any reviews received will come to the LeBeau Library account.
    * Option 3: Your story will be added to the Gambit Guild Forum on the Fanfiction Board.
    * Option 4: You can make the decision to have the story taken down entirely.  The story will no longer be hosted at the Library or on Fanfiction.net.

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Having a better vehicle for the stories is actually better for the story and writer.  The amount of feedback from here is nowhere near what a writer would get at ff.net.  

The library is moving is all, there is a better place for hosting that type of content.  In addition the older stories will get new attention.  And as Nicopony has already asked, we're looking for cooperation with allot of the writers.  It would appear to be allot of story abandonment.  

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Gambit_Guild_LeBeau_Library/101440/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:09:54 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »
I'll have a go at the splash page... :)
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
Looking forward to your ideas Pastella, and cool Neva, thanks.

I think the stories will at least get some new readers, get more reviews and its actually easier for those who write to use ff.net.  It's an easier system, and more say for those who enjoy fanfiction as to what gets included into the library.  There are allot of pluses of moving the Library to fanfiction.net.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:40:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
I do like the idea of gambit guild changing but as long as the gambit stories never disappear I'm fine with it, or else I have to collect them.

If this happens, I want to be informed.

But in a way I feel very sad the library is placed somewhere else, sure, ff is bigger and better, but GG is more gambit centered with a great commuinty, and a great meeting point for fans and fanfic authers, this can't be done in a same way on ff.net.

I know I'm a bit crancky, but most of my romy shipment comes from fanfic and therefore the library and the forum are the most importatnt places on this site.
If it's a question about explanding, I'm willing to be a sponsor to keep the library alive.

/winterwolfen :-)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
The community is still Gambit Guild, as in it is handled by those here.  (I will back up the entire library anyway.)  And the library lives, its just going to live where it gets more attention, easy submissions, more say in whats included in the library.  The link will be here and will direct to the community that GG has created at ff.net.  GG will get all the reviews or comments for those without emails and handle anything else that needs to be dealt with as an owner of the community that we've created.  It's not moving to be abandoned, its being moved for more attention and we are still running it from here.  It will still be monitored by those here.  I do think the love and enjoyment you get out of the LL can be shared by a much larger group of people than what this community has, and I want those writers to get the praise they so deserve for putting together really good stories to read. 

I don't know what to say to help ease your minds.  I really do think we're doing what is best for the library.  And I swear, promise, do a blood pact if needed the entire library will be backed up and archived.