Author Topic: LeBeau Library Recommendations  (Read 7385 times)

NicoPony

LeBeau Library Recommendations
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
Good afternoon all,

Do you have a favorite 'fic that is not currently hosted on the LeBeau Library?  Would you like to participate in growing our repository?  This is your opportunity to make a contribution!

http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Gambit_Guild_LeBeau_Library/101440/

If you would like to make a recommendation, please either respond to this post, PM the LeBeau Library via fanfiction.net, or e-mail us at [email protected].

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4126509/

Better yet, volunteer to be one of our staff.  You just need a ff.net account to join. 

Now you don't want to leave it all up to me, because the stories I like are all punching, plotting, explosions, and more punching with some kicking...and maybe then the sexy time.  So if you are a fan of romance, sci-fi, or what have you, you'd better put your two cents in. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: LeBeau Library Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
Excellent idea .. please help out.  :)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 08:07:23 AM »
I have a complaint. It's not so much as a complaint as a concern. It's a great a idea to move the LeBeau Library to ffnet. But what if writers featured in the community decide to take their story/stories off? Then the story is gone... As in, really gone...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
That would be no different from when someone asks us to take the story down.  I don't know what to tell you.  Save what you like is my best advice. 

NicoPony

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
It's not so dire as all that...

Of the people I've messaged, only one has requested her stories be removed.  Over half of the LL stories are all ready hosted on FF.net.  The remaining stories, those whose authors I haven't been able to track down, will have their stories reposted with a disclaimer. 

Again, I am requesting that if you have a story on the LL and I have NOT contacted you and your story has NOT been moved to the C2, it's because your e-mail listed on the LL no longer works!  I'm looking at you, aol and hotmail accounts!

It's going to give the authors a lot more control over their own works.  It's going to make it easier to add new stories. 

So far, I've only got two suggestions...but we are gaining followers on our new C2 that are not affiliated with the GG, so that's nice!  :)  Spread the Gambit love!

Offline Alisx123

• Thief
  • Everyone can relax, Gambit has returned
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
I could publish my stories there. I need more Gambit FF and I think I'm getting over my writer's block the last few years. I'll contribute any of my stories that are appropriate. My latest one is below. Just let me know what else you need me to do? I can help manage the account too - I check FF multiple Xs a week for Gambit fanfiction  :-)

Title: Dating An X-Man
Summary:
Gambit, Remy LeBeau, is living his single life between Jean Grey's School for Gifted Youngsters in Westchester & his apartment in Manhattan. What happens if he starts a relationship with a normal human female and how does she handle adjusting to his lifestyle as an X-Men, a part-time Thief & his friendship with Rogue?

Takes place in universe 616 starting from the off-panel discussion between Gambit & Rogue referenced in X-Men Legacy #275.

Online at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8650972/1/Dating-An-X-Man

Offline Alisx123

• Thief
  • Everyone can relax, Gambit has returned
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »
My other fanfiction is under my profile at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/468420/Alisx123-GambitRemy

Good enough for LeBeau Library?