Author Topic: The guy writing GAMBIT saying "Hi!"  (Read 108757 times)

Offline Asmus

• Mark
The guy writing GAMBIT saying "Hi!"
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:10:20 PM »
Hi guys!
   @Nekobaghira tipped me off to this site.   I just wanted to swing by and give a quick Hello!
   I know better than to wade into the boards, as I don't want anyone to feel like they can't speak freely for fear of upsetting us thin-skinned comics pros.   ;)
   Instead, I just wanted to say Thank You! to you folks who have been excited for the book, reading it, and/or helping spread the word.  (I'm still getting messages from new fans & readers who love Gambit but didn't know the series launched. )
   Whether you've been into what we're doing with the current book or not - I'm more than happy to talk honestly about it all (without spoilers).   So feel free to reach out.  
   I'll try to check back on this thread.   But I'm on Twitter most days @jamesasmus or peeking in & posting stuff on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JamesAsmusWrites

Again - thank you infinitely to everyone passionate and supportive of Gambit.   We've been working to show Marvel that he, and his fanbase, can be bigger than they thought.

Merci beaucoup,
+james

~~~~~~
fixed the link, we have a protective system in place.  :)  Number of posts thing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:21:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
Re: The guy writing GAMBIT saying "Hi!"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
Keep fighting the good fight, and remember no one likes Deathbit- not even a little!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
Hey!!!  Glad you popped in to say Hello!  We've been excited about this book since it was announced in April.  And IMO - by far you have had the best handle of the character in an incredibly long time.  It's amazing to actually see, and read Gambit the way he should be again.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »
Asmus! I'm still campaigning for you and Daniel Ketchum to have glamour shots beside your credits every issue. Proper ones, with vaseline on the lens and mullets. I'M NOT JOKING.

NicoPony

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »
Oh, geez.  I hope this doesn't mean I to have to tone down my off-color commentary now...

Keep fighting the good fight, and remember no one likes Deathbit- not even a little!

Let's not discriminate against those who are into seeing Gambit dressed in black leather straps.

Okay. That didn't last long.

Welcome to our board.  Please do not feed the fangirls.

Offline Madgarena

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
I just want to say I love what you're doing with Gambit! I quit reading comics for 7+ years but came back just in time for the series launch. I probably wouldn't be back at all if not for the series. I love love love it and buy 2 copies of every issue. 

My only ask is Gambit keeps getting his shirt blown off, but can we also get his pants blown off in the future as well?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
UM i like Deathbit and think if done right could make an awesome story line, just like in the mini, so most people don't like Deathbit but not everyone  :P

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
Er.

Mah.

Gerd.

I'll just scribble down a hello and a thank you, because sadly, I have nothing witty to say.

Though, I should mention we're all incredibly happy with your work, so if you are ever having a downer of a day, then feel free to stop by and read some stuff here as a quick way to boost your ego.

Otherwise, keep on writing. We'll keep on reading.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
Dude, this is a lovely thing you have done, stopping by to say hello. 

The series is amazing.  You have saved us from years and years of badly-written Gambit and given the fans what they deserve, so thank you for that. 

Two things, based on what my friends have said on this thread so far:

1) I like Deathbit  :(

2) Some of us are guys!  I am a guy!  We guys love the series, too!  Just thought I needed to represent  ;D

Honestly though, we're a passionate bunch and it's comforting to know that the guy who writes our favourite Cajun is stopping by and taking what we say into consideration.  So all our discussion and praise is actually getting read.  It's great.  Makes it even more worthwhile. 

Offline NicoleWagner1981

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Teacher
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
Hello, my name is Nicole and I go by Deadly Gambit. I am a big fan of your works and it has been years since I could be excited by a Gambit story or comic! Thank you for taking such good care of the Cajun and giving him the respect that has been long over-due.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »
Alright MOST people hate Deathbit
85%- see it as lame
5&- want to see something good come from it
10- think it was awesome ( 8% of which are anti-Gambit to start with, lol.)

1)Personally, I don't like it because I am almost certain that it was done malciously to put Gambit down, which is pretty much all Peter Milligan's run was all about.

2)Deathbit looks too much like Drizzt do'urden

3) Horseman of Apocalypse is Angel's story, and if your not going to do something better than the orginal then it shouldn't be done, oh and Angel NEEDED the Apocalypse storyline to make himself interesting, Gambit does not have such a issue.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:13:41 PM by X-fan73 »

Offline NicoleWagner1981

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Teacher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
Alright MOST people hate Deathbit
85%- see it as lame
5&- want to see something good come from it
10- think it was awesome ( 8% of which are anti-Gambit to start with, lol.)

1)Personally, I don't like it because I am almost certain that it was done malciously to put Gambit down, which is pretty much all Peter Milligan's run was all about.

2)Deathbit looks too much like Drizzt do'urden

3) Horseman of Apocalypse is Angel's story, and if your not going to do something better than the orginal then it shouldn't be done, oh and Angel NEEDED the Apocalypse storyline to make himself interesting, Gambit does not have such a issue.

X-Fan73, you went a bit off topic here. This thread is to welcome Mister James Asmus to the Gambit Guild, not give views about Deathbit or make others feel uncomfortable for liking Deathbit. Please try to remain on topic here, folks!

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
This is very cool. Good to see a writer who CARES about the fans. I salute you sir.

BTW can I ever guest pencil an issue if your artists every get sick??  8)
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
omg Omg Omg this is for real? No joke, Asmus really came to see us?!?  :o

YAY!!!!

Loving the book so far! It's so nice to see an author who really seems to respect our fave character and not treat him with contempt.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
What are the words we can't say around here again (sorry, Spoonz)? Oh yes. Deathbit and Rogneto. Beware, Asmus.