Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy  (Read 31 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
The Umbrella Academy
« on: Yesterday at 03:49:18 PM »
Netflix has a super hero show based on a comic book The Umbrella Academy.
trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAmWHxeoKw

From the minds of Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy is the story of a super-dysfunctional family of superheroes who have eight days to get it together and save the world.

Anyway, I watched it and it was actually pretty good. Has some goofy things but overall I generally liked it.

Have you seen it? Heard of it? I would recommend it.

Klaus and Diego are my favorites of the series. You'll recognize Vanya ... that actress played Kitty in the Xmen films. :) Number Five is awesome too.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:53:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
Re: The Umbrella Academy
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:36:09 PM »
There are some issues with the tone and pacing but overall it has been a entertaining. Though I haven't read the comics some of the plot twist didn't hit me as it was really predictable like who would be responsible for the apocalypse. Number 5 was the best character for me followed by Diego and Ellen Page. 
I would also like to recommend Doom Patrol as it is a very bold fun and interesting show and Umbrella Academy was inspired from it. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:54:41 PM by belay »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: The Umbrella Academy
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:29:55 AM »
really good, a great adaption, some events happen differently to the comic but i think its actually better than the comic, the Doom Patrol pilot was actuallu fun , like with Titans these shows are better than anything the DC movies has churned out