Author Topic: What have you read lately, and was it any good?  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Member
Re: What have you read lately, and was it any good?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:33 PM »
Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
It was an engaging book that I ended up reading in one sitting despite having to wake up at 4:00 am for work. Felt entirely worth it. Might take a nap now though >.>

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2019, 11:30:42 PM »
When comes to vampires, the only stories that I've liked are Interview with the Vampire film, Vampire Hunter D books and anime, the Legacy of Kain video games, the first Blade film and a few others here and there, but that's about it. I remember watching the 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula film, I thought it was OK, but very overrated, they should have gotten someone else instead of Keanu Reeves, I hated the whole Dracula and Mina thing and I have to agree with Homer about his hair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLstSRlJEo

I came across a Dracula graphic novel (because I need pictures) read by the late Christopher Lee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqlwpQIODYs

I've heard that the book is pretty boring and I can't completely disagree with that, it's not a bad book but it didn't live up to the hype or the legacy it's been given.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
Keanu didn't bother me as much as Gary Oldman as Drac.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »
Keanu didn't bother me as much as Gary Oldman as Drac.
Really? I loved Oldman as Drac
also probably stated before but i am continually re reading The Dresden Files ....alllll of them & Berserk (manga) its so good, extremely dark 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »
Really? I loved Oldman as Drac
also probably stated before but i am continually re reading The Dresden Files ....alllll of them & Berserk (manga) its so good, extremely dark
I like Oldman, his acting is fine, he just wasn't Drac for me. LOL
I'm waiting for Blood Echo by Tessa Dawn. It's out next month. It's a vampire book.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2019, 06:34:54 PM »
I like Oldman, his acting is fine, he just wasn't Drac for me. LOL
I'm waiting for Blood Echo by Tessa Dawn. It's out next month. It's a vampire book.
What was your favorite portrayal of Dracula?

also anyone interested here is a vid about Berserk, you get a massive spoiler warning around the 7 minute mark, stop there if its something you would be interested in reading, there also a 1997 series and 3 films which were released more recently 2012-2014 i thing, they cover the Golden Age Arc both ended on the biggest downer in the history of...well ever, after the 97 series luckily i found the manga and was able to see what happened after
on the Dresden Files , James Masters ( Spike from Buffy) does the audio books
on Buffy & Angel the boom studios reboot/re-imagining of the characters is awesome 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2019, 06:44:34 PM »
What was your favorite portrayal of Dracula?
I liked Luke Evans as Dracula, despite the fact the film wasn't that good.