Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147502 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
Ian McKellen in X-Men: Apocalypse" and Patrick Stewart in Wolverine 3

Patrick Stewart:

Last but not least: It sounds like you won't be returning as Charles Xavier in the next "X-Men: Apocalypse". Is that something you can confirm?

Yes, I understand that it seems to be very unlikely that I will be in the next "X-Men" movie, which is almost getting ready to start shooting in Montreal.

Well, if you're going to be in it, you better get to Montreal quickly, it sounds like.

[LAUGHS] But Magneto, Ian McKellen, is certainly going to be in it. And what I'm very excited about is that we have been talking about a Wolverine movie, which would team Hugh Jackman and myself together. Wolverine and Professor Xavier. That would be a very different sort of "X-Men" from the four movies that I've already done.

http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/2015/02/patrick_stewart_raves_about_po.html#incart_river

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
I really hope that Patrick Stewart will have an important role in Wolverine 3.

Also if Patrick Stewart is in Wolverine then it means that Wolverine movie is in nowadays or future.

I hope Gambit movie will be in nowadays with Wolverine and Deadpool.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »
I really hope that Patrick Stewart will have an important role in Wolverine 3.

Also if Patrick Stewart is in Wolverine then it means that Wolverine movie is in nowadays or future.

I hope Gambit movie will be in nowadays with Wolverine and Deadpool.

Well due to the events of XMDOFP none of the Wolverine solos happened so his next solo might be Xavire filling him in, as for Gambit i hope if he is not in Apocalypse they keep him away from the X-Men team movies

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2015, 08:33:26 PM »
...as for Gambit i hope if he is not in Apocalypse they keep him away from the X-Men team movies

I doubt that. Fox wants that shared universe money. Eventually he'll be tied into a team movie. Either before or after the solo.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »
well if they are looking for someone to replace Wolverine/Jackman as the A-Lister they should go with Gambit,

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2015, 04:28:51 AM »
I don't want Gambit in Apocalypse because it looks like they're going down the whole teen X-men route.  Isn't Tatum pushing 40 or something?  If Gambit is in a team movie he needs to be the sexy one flirting with all the ladies, and if those ladies are teenagers then...well that's bad.  I don't want him to be the old man of movie.  Unless they somehow go forward in time, like progress several years in the middle of the film and the characters are then older, bringing it into the current time.  But that seems unlikely. 

Although saying that, they are going to have to bring the timeline up to date, aren't they?  They can't have the X-Men stuck in the 80's forever. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:43 AM »
he could be a villain in Apocalypse who changes sides and somehow ends up in the present day

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2015, 06:59:13 AM »
Right now I doubt that Gambit would be in Apocalypse.

It seems Jupiter ascending box office started really terrible. And thy got pretty bad 22% Rotten Tomatoes rating.

Raynolds told that Deadpool movie will be low budet movie so I think Gambit movie will have the same budget.

Less money = impossible to make stupid action movie like Robocop.

I think 40 or 60 million budjet for Gambit will be good.

Riddick`s 2013 budjet is 38 miliion and worldwide he gathered almost 100 million.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:28 AM »

It seems Jupiter ascending box office started really terrible. And thy got pretty bad 22% Rotten Tomatoes rating.

I disagree. I think the bad opening may push them to want to include Gambit in the film in some compacity, not to bolster ticket sales for X-Men Apocalypse, but to give the Gambit movie a JumpStart. If they were a year or two apart they could have used the movie as a gauge, but they are only seperated by mere months. They'll probably be in production simultaneously at some point.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2015, 09:50:39 AM »
I don't want Gambit in Apocalypse because it looks like they're going down the whole teen X-men route.  Isn't Tatum pushing 40 or something?  If Gambit is in a team movie he needs to be the sexy one flirting with all the ladies, and if those ladies are teenagers then...well that's bad.  I don't want him to be the old man of movie.  Unless they somehow go forward in time, like progress several years in the middle of the film and the characters are then older, bringing it into the current time.  But that seems unlikely. 

Although saying that, they are going to have to bring the timeline up to date, aren't they?  They can't have the X-Men stuck in the 80's forever. 

That's what they have been doing. First Class was in the late 60s, DoFP was set about eight to ten or so years later in the 70s. Apocalypse will be in the 80s. I'd assume the next one, if not present day, will be in the 90s. Maybe we'll get a Phalanx Saga adaptation or a FoH/Purifiers/Operation: Zero Tolerance/Nimrod amalgam story. Seeing as because of the change of timeline exposed mutants to the public decades before the last timeline, it'd make sense that they'd be seeing a larger backlash than they had seen in X3 earlier.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »
He may appear in Apocalypse post credit scene that would take place in future.

If Wolverine movie will be in future than I want Gambit movie to be in future too. And then go to X-Force with Deadpool, Gambit and Wolverine.

I do not want Remy to be a baby sitter for 18 year old Cyclops.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:21 AM »
He may appear in Apocalypse post credit scene that would take place in future.

If Wolverine movie will be in future than I want Gambit movie to be in future too. And then go to X-Force with Deadpool, Gambit and Wolverine.

I do not want Remy to be a baby sitter for 18 year old Cyclops.

If Gambit is a member of the cast, I don't think he'll be a full fledged member of the team. Like Dantay and I think remydat have said a few times, I too hope he's the unknowing cause as to why something horrible happens in the movie. Not a death, but perhaps waking Apocalypse which sets the movie. It could just be an intro scene before even the beginning credits. Perhaps see him again in a end credit scene that leads directly into the solo. Think of the size of Luke Perry's role in the Fifth Element, just double it. Beginning and easter egg end credit scene.

Anything is possible. Fox might still remember that 90s Gambit money.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »

Raynolds told that Deadpool movie will be low budet movie so I think Gambit movie will have the same budget.

Less money = impossible to make stupid action movie like Robocop.

I think 40 or 60 million budjet for Gambit will be good.

Riddick`s 2013 budjet is 38 miliion and worldwide he gathered almost 100 million.

ah but Jupiter Ascending didnt have the best start before its release, it was delayed and its a Wachowski Brothers, eh siblings , film and their movies tend to suck

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »
If Gambit is a member of the cast, I don't think he'll be a full fledged member of the team. Like Dantay and I think remydat have said a few times, I too hope he's the unknowing cause as to why something horrible happens in the movie. Not a death, but perhaps waking Apocalypse which sets the movie. It could just be an intro scene before even the beginning credits. Perhaps see him again in a end credit scene that leads directly into the solo. Think of the size of Luke Perry's role in the Fifth Element, just double it. Beginning and easter egg end credit scene.

Anything is possible. Fox might still remember that 90s Gambit money.

yes on all of that but, i think the writer said that Logan changing the past is the reason for Apocalypse awakening, but what if Gambit is Death and somehow gets free, or bring in the elixer that will explain his youthful looks in the future/present

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »
ah but Jupiter Ascending didnt have the best start before its release, it was delayed and its a Wachowski Brothers, eh siblings , film and their movies tend to suck

Showing the film at Cannes was dumb on Wachowski Brother's part.  Even those who were not allowed to really review the film, took the film for what it was - action/sci-fi film, that is meant for a younger audience.  The film started out with bad reviews due being a film festival that is quite the snobby affair.  The place for artsy stuff as it were. 

I haven't seen the film, I might go see it.