Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147403 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
Apologies for being a little slow here guys but what is the connection between JA's slow start and the X-Men movies?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
Apologies for being a little slow here guys but what is the connection between JA's slow start and the X-Men movies?

It's Channing Tatums first sci-fi/action film.  Everything he has done so far doesn't suggest that he can pull off an action sci-fi type film which Gambit's film would definitely have some of both though I don't think to the level of what JA is suppose on or even budget for it.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2015, 07:13:35 PM »
It's Channing Tatums first sci-fi/action film.  Everything he has done so far doesn't suggest that he can pull off an action sci-fi type film which Gambit's film would definitely have some of both though I don't think to the level of what JA is suppose on or even budget for it.

its the Matrix with Aliens Channing is Neo and Mila Kunis is Trinity, Sean Bean is dead inside , its got a big enough cast that its not Tatums film to carry, so i wouldnt be too worried about it given all the factors, it was delayed, badly promoted, shown at the wrong festivals and involved the  Wachowski people, who are one trick pony's, they peaked with the Matrix and the ruined it all with squeals 

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2015, 07:58:49 AM »
If Gambit's in Apocalypse, he'll be almost 100% guaranteed that he'll be in a GOOD movie, and it'll be a great way to promote the solo film. Maybe a Quicksilver-size role in DOFP would be ideal, but somehow I'd love to see him in the present, so maybe adjust his powers where he ages slowly, there's about a dozen mutants out there that have this ability.

I want him in X-Men team films, because that way he'll have a solid future in the film series. If the solo film fails, he'll get that second chance to redeem himself in team films.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
If Gambit's in Apocalypse, he'll be almost 100% guaranteed that he'll be in a GOOD movie, and it'll be a great way to promote the solo film. Maybe a Quicksilver-size role in DOFP would be ideal, but somehow I'd love to see him in the present, so maybe adjust his powers where he ages slowly, there's about a dozen mutants out there that have this ability.

I want him in X-Men team films, because that way he'll have a solid future in the film series. If the solo film fails, he'll get that second chance to redeem himself in team films.

Hollywood? Second chance? That rarely happens using the same creative team and actors. I think the only franchise that has been able to pull that off is Hugh Jackman, and thats only because as bad as Origins was, it still made crap ton of money worldwide.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
bryanjaysinger
Some production art. #XmenApocalypse #GrantMajor I was a little busy but will continue to snap more.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
looks like Abyss

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2015, 03:12:14 AM »
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/18/kodi-smit-mcphee-cast-as-young-nightcrawler-in-x-men-apocalypse/ so Nightcrawler is in Apocalypse, one of two characters Singer said he'd be adding , the other was Gambit, may he'll be in the 80s yet, itd make sense if he was given the fact he was in XOW which was set in the 80s, granted the timeline doesnt exist doesnt mean the character does'nt exist in the same time

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2015, 03:44:20 AM »
I wonder if they'll do young gambit and then normal gambit for the solo.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2015, 09:00:48 AM »
I doubt they'll cast two different people as Gambit at the same time.  With Colossus being recast in DEADPOOL, I have a feeling that movie may be in the First Class timeline now as well. Casting a younger Colossus would then make sense.  GAMBIT taking place in this timeline makes the most sense to me.  How THE WOLVERINE 2 plays out is still a head scratcher to me.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »
Maybe after Apocalypse world would develop faster using Apoc tech.
So 90s would look like 2000's and 2000 as future.
That would be able to bring young actors in modern society.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2015, 04:03:08 PM »
im still going with Gambit being a villain if he appears and that his movie will be a redemption one set in the present

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2015, 04:58:42 AM »
Hugh Jackman: "I said to my wife, ‘The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I’ve got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.’"

Jackman also remarked he’s constantly striving to better himself in all respects: “I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don’t believe in stagnation.

"People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you’re either advancing and getting closer to something or you’re receding. Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally.”

Still, the actor concedes, “I know that someday they’ll recast the role with another actor…I’d be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/hugh-jackman-i-should-never-stop-playing-111741661184.html

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2015, 08:15:12 AM »
Hugh Jackman: "I said to my wife, ‘The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I’ve got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.’"

Jackman also remarked he’s constantly striving to better himself in all respects: “I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don’t believe in stagnation.

"People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you’re either advancing and getting closer to something or you’re receding. Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally.”

Still, the actor concedes, “I know that someday they’ll recast the role with another actor…I’d be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/hugh-jackman-i-should-never-stop-playing-111741661184.html

his like a trapezes artist the way he flips all over the place in every interview, a few years ago befor XMDoFP he said he would be done after the Wolverine 2 , they should let someone else have fun with the character, then after the film he said he'd like to do another X-Men film before the Wolverine 2 , and one of the reasons he said was he hate's having to diet or go through crazy food regimens to get in shape, now he is saying the above, Jackmans Wolverine is the only version of the character i like, however he does take up a lot of screen time, First Class proved you don't need Wolverine, after the next solo they should recast him

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2015, 08:35:55 AM »
I'm really interested to hear Jackman's thoughts about Reynolds/Deadpool and Tatum/Gambit.  He seems to be genuinely interested in the franchise and the movies.  Those are two characters he'd surely interact with on some point.  I know he said a while back that he'd love to fight Deadpool again and do it right this time. But now that everything is confirmed and in motion, I wonder what he thinks about it all.
Who Dat