Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147459 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:53 AM »
Jackman always liked Gambit and he was enthusiastic about Tatum.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
I think like Ironman, they are going to treat the Wolverine role like James Bond. Love or hate them, they are the center of respective universe and deserve to have quality and passionate actors portray them.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2015, 02:28:54 PM »
Hollywood? Second chance? That rarely happens using the same creative team and actors. I think the only franchise that has been able to pull that off is Hugh Jackman, and thats only because as bad as Origins was, it still made crap ton of money worldwide.

Bryan Singer got dumped after X2, but got a second chance. I know it's a hard world out there, but second chances do happen. :)

And to add once again.... I rather have Kitsch than Tatum.... seriously....
Yeah yeah, even though I'd be happy to see Gambit return...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:31:14 PM by Nevaratoiel »
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2015, 02:59:36 PM »
I like neither actors because Taylor Kitsch is a wimp, he should not have allowed to be beaten up by Wolverine, and Tatum, we...he looks like a potato-head (this is your fault Neko for mention it)  ::)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »
Bryan Singer got dumped after X2, but got a second chance. I know it's a hard world out there, but second chances do happen. :)

Incorrect. He did not get "dumped". He left to do Superman Returns.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
Incorrect. He did not get "dumped". He left to do Superman Returns.

Whoops, my bad... I thought they did dump him... I thought I read that somewhere...

I like neither actors because Taylor Kitsch is a wimp, he should not have allowed to be beaten up by Wolverine, and Tatum, we...he looks like a potato-head (this is your fault Neko for mention it)  ::)

But that was not Taylor Kitsch's fault.... That was bad writing. I'd choose Kitsch over Tatum any day, not only if it was about Gambit... At least Kitsch looks the part and Tatum totally doesn't.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »
I like neither actors because Taylor Kitsch is a wimp, he should not have allowed to be beaten up by Wolverine, and Tatum, we...he looks like a potato-head (this is your fault Neko for mention it)  ::)

Oopsy, its a comment that was frequently used on CBR and its one to get you banned there too.   ;D

But that was not Taylor Kitsch's fault.... That was bad writing. I'd choose Kitsch over Tatum any day, not only if it was about Gambit... At least Kitsch looks the part and Tatum totally doesn't.

I don't think all Gambit fans will agree on who should play Gambit. Neither actor works for me.  But Tatum gets some props from me because of lobbying and taking on vested interest.  

In the end, its already set, might as well see how it plays out.  I just hope its good.  ;)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »
Not saying Kitsch should play Gambit. Just between the two... And I know it's set in stone Tatum will be it. Just... Still not warming up to the idea. Oh well... I'll just have to go on sulking about it.

But if he doesn't do good... I'm going to break some bones... ;D

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »

Singer didn't get dumped he walked away to do Superman returns, he asked Fox to let him do Superman and he'd come back and do the X-Men, instead Fox hired Vaughn but gave him a ridicules schedule, so he walked, even after hiring an actor to play Gambit (rumored) so Brett Ratner got the gig, who was originally meant to direct Superman 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
Got to remember, X2 was a big success. Twice or thrice the movie X1 was. Fox wanted another hit and didn't want to wait while their director/producer went off and made a possible block buster for a competing studio (it was panned).

Not to mention, to keep control of the franchise they needed to spit out a X-Men movie within two years. I don't think waiting for Singer to make and push Superman would have been prudent in maintaining that timeline, on the other hand, Disney hadn't bought Marvel yet, so there was no real threat that they'd try and repossess it. Perhaps renegotiate the terms.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2015, 03:56:13 AM »
Got to remember, X2 was a big success. Twice or thrice the movie X1 was. Fox wanted another hit and didn't want to wait while their director/producer went off and made a possible block buster for a competing studio (it was panned).

Not to mention, to keep control of the franchise they needed to spit out a X-Men movie within two years. I don't think waiting for Singer to make and push Superman would have been prudent in maintaining that timeline, on the other hand, Disney hadn't bought Marvel yet, so there was no real threat that they'd try and repossess it. Perhaps renegotiate the terms.

they rushed it more to be out before Superman and while it performed at the box office and out did Returns it was just as bad, the rush job was evident and unnecessary, they could have waided a few months for Singer, given its 3 years between Last Stand and Origins,

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
Wow, looks good.  I fear its too much action and not enough story.  But - I guess we'll see.

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »
And here is an awesome screenshot for everyone.

TOP moment of the latest trailer :)
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »
Just an article about Apoc movie. Nothing new but maybe it will be interesting for someone

X-Men Apocalypse: Are GAMBIT & CABLE the Key to Stopping En Sabah Nur?
by Sean Erickson

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/05/x-men-apocalypse-are-gambit-cable-the-key-to-stopping-en-sabah-nur-2753197?lt_source=external,manual