Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147412 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Hardy is awesome choice for Punisher. Hardy is awesome choice for anything. I would love new mission impossible or Bourne franchise with him.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Hardy is awesome choice for Punisher. Hardy is awesome choice for anything. I would love new mission impossible or Bourne franchise with him.

Yup. I would definitely watch a Punisher movie starring Hardy. I'd watch any movie with Hardy in it though. He's awesome. I watch Peaky Blinders on Netflix because he's in it. And man alive, he is a nut job in that show.
Who Dat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »
i like Hardy but Ray Stevenson needs another shot i liked Warzone

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »
I hated War Zone.

I love the original...bring back Thomas Jane. Dirty Laundry was awesome.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »
I hated War Zone.

I love the original...bring back Thomas Jane. Dirty Laundry was awesome.

Warzone played more like a Punisher story, or a live action Punisher video game, the first one was a generic action movie with bad acting and a terrible script and at times it felt like even the film wasnt sure what it was meant to be, while both films did get panned by critics and fans, Jane's got the worse of the two , Dirty Laundry is too little too late, i get why people don't like Warzone  , but your honestly the first person i have ever seen say they love the original

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2015, 07:04:02 PM »
Both the Punisher 04 and 08 films were awful, but saying that the 04 film had bad acting and a terrible script is ignoring quite a lot with the 08 film. Thomas Jane himself doesn't really like the 04 film, that's why he did Dirty Laundry. Saying that's it's too little too late is a poor excuse.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75643

With War Zone, it was trying to be more like the Max Punisher, but when Garth Ennis wrote the Punisher under the MAX line, the story and plot actually had intelligence to it. It didn't have mindless unrealistic over the top action (hanging up side down and spinning around firing guns), the characters were interesting, the villains were realistic, the lines and dialog were actually good. But WZ had none of that. His white skull symbol was so faded that you couldn't even see it. I heard that they even wanted to get rid of it.

Ill let these reviewers explain further what's wrong with the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkDj0rB9gI
http://thestopbutton.com/2009/04/01/punisher-war-zone-2008/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:06:55 PM by RomeoSvengali »
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:17 PM »
Both the Punisher 04 and 08 films were awful, but saying that the 04 film had bad acting and a terrible script is ignoring quite a lot with the 08 film. Thomas Jane himself doesn't really like the 04 film, that's why he did Dirty Laundry. Saying that's it's too little too late is a poor excuse.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75643

With War Zone, it was trying to be more like the Max Punisher, but when Garth Ennis wrote the Punisher under the MAX line, the story and plot actually had intelligence to it. It didn't have mindless unrealistic over the top action (hanging up side down and spinning around firing guns), the characters were interesting, the villains were realistic, the lines and dialog were actually good. But WZ had none of that. His white skull symbol was so faded that you couldn't even see it. I heard that they even wanted to get rid of it.

Ill let these reviewers explain further what's wrong with the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkDj0rB9gI
http://thestopbutton.com/2009/04/01/punisher-war-zone-2008/

yeah forgot the villains in Warzone who were terrible and over acted it felt more like a Punisher story than Janes , totally trying and failing to be like Ennis Max, but again it felt like a Punisher story, too little too late is not an excuse it was too little too late has there ever been an instance where and actor who was recast for a sequal/reboot got to reprise the role for a third film also its produced by the Bootleg guy who did the Power Rangers and Venom Bootleg crap, its a decent short and that's why it works, cause its short i think now that Marvel have the rights they should do a series instead of a film. but back to the 04 vs 08 , ive heard more positive talk about Warzone than Punisher, they are bot bad films but ill watch Warzone again and enjoyed it, Stevenson to me was a better Frank Castle and id like to see him get another chance but that will never happen,

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
Based on some response to Avengers: Age of Ultron, Whedon deactivated his twitter.

I found this blog article interesting because twitter is even easier to hide behind and comments must be more succinct due to character limit. 

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/07/joss_whedon_is_right_twitter_is_a_loud_shallow_waste_of_time_%E2%80%94%C2%A0and_im_leaving_too/

The interesting points:
equating twitter to a cocktail party and how people behave.
twitter being used to bully (similar can be done via message boards, but twitter is more immediate).

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #248 on: May 08, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »
Based on some response to Avengers: Age of Ultron, Whedon deactivated his twitter.

I found this blog article interesting because twitter is even easier to hide behind and comments must be more succinct due to character limit. 

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/07/joss_whedon_is_right_twitter_is_a_loud_shallow_waste_of_time_%E2%80%94%C2%A0and_im_leaving_too/

The interesting points:
equating twitter to a cocktail party and how people behave.
twitter being used to bully (similar can be done via message boards, but twitter is more immediate).

its ridiculous, they are calling him racist and a woman hater and supporting rape culture, these people are freaking insane, they keep going on about a rape joke that was in the film? did i miss that in the film or are these people pulling crap from their ass and thinking it's chocolate 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
its ridiculous, they are calling him racist and a woman hater and supporting rape culture, these people are freaking insane, they keep going on about a rape joke that was in the film? did i miss that in the film or are these people pulling crap from their ass and thinking it's chocolate 

I missed it too. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2015, 04:40:18 AM »
Bold Xavier is back ;D

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2015, 09:54:44 AM »
Quicksilver ..... resurrection?

http://www.bustle.com/articles/81744-how-will-quicksilver-return-for-avengers-3-we-need-this-age-of-ultron-star-in-more

They do have a point, the film resurrect characters.  LOL  Almost like the comic books. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »
Bold Xavier is back ;D
apparently he shaved his head for first class but they wanted Xavier to have hair so he had to wear a wig

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »
Talking about the Fox X-Men movie universe;

Well the time incursion is over. At this point, everything is leading up to what we saw at the end of DoFP. Assuming there isn't any more time travel, by that I mean future folk coming to the past, all roads lead to that. The future we saw includes X-Men Apocalypse. That's how time works... I don't think Singers X-Men timeline is destroyed, but definitely different than it used to be seeing Jean, and Cyclops alive. What's very possible however is Gambit being sent forward. I don't think Singer or Fox wants their next several movies to be period pieces. So far they've done 60s, 70s and now they are coming into the 80s so any following movie would be the 90s? Or late 80s at best? As much as I enjoyed growing up in the 90s, I want to see Gambit in the present with younger set of X-Men; Colossus, Kitty, Iceman, and Rogue. I'd love to see the triangle between him and the last two on that list.

I guess that'd be my Gambit included movie X-Men line up including a couple of others. Iceman, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Gambit, Beast (for guidance, Kelsy deserves more time in a good movie) and Northstar or Nightcrawler. With cameos or supporting role appearances from the older cast; Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Professor-X. Halle, Femke and others are getting up there in age and I believe they're large scale involvement as active X-Men may be harder to sell to audiences. Since the school still exists in that timeline, its believable that they'd stay at the mansion opposed to gallivanting around putting their lives in danger.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »