Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147391 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:29 AM »
Lol, maybe, like the marvel logo still appears in front of fox movies and they were mKing Disney look bad. ;p. Honestly, they might have been better off having mystique ‘kill off’ magneto and take over the brotherhood. JL might have been less bored and we’d be spare so much ‘man pain’  ;D

As it stands, instead we got

Mags: you killed my sorta girlfriend Jean! You are the face of evil and must be destroyed!

Jean: How people have you killed over the past ten movies? But I gotta kill herself for the good of all mankind and you get to retire with your ‘old friend’? How does that work?

Mags:...it’s just different!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:22:02 PM by anya »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2019, 10:04:14 AM »
Well, first weekend was thirty something million dollars, second weekend was like 9. I think it’s officially a flop. A down note for the franchise to end on, but hopefully that means won’t keep any of the Fox ‘style’ and we’ll get a clean (better) start.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
One would hope so, but I think Marvel is "resting" the movie Xmen or so I thought I read that somewhere.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #438 on: June 22, 2019, 01:07:01 AM »
MCU should look into a Storm solo film. They need to get this character right, she has a great origin story, amazing powers and a popular/iconic Marvel character. Wolverine will obviously get these as well.
With Gambit, I can actually see him in either one of these solo films. Storm being a thief and all...and it would be a nod to his comic book debut.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »
Kevin Feige got his start on the X-men. He's a proper fan. They might rest Wolverine for a long time given that he's front and centre of the X-franchise, but the concept of mutants as 'other' always came second to Logan as the Man Without a Past. It's never been explored in-depth. If they can rejig Spiderman so well in such a short period of time I've no doubt they can do the same for mutants.

I'll be pissed if they cast anyone other 5"3 as Wolvie, tho. I love Hugh Jackman, but Wolverine is short and proud of it..

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2019, 06:11:02 PM »
I don’t think they’ll rest Wolverine for long (and probably never hire someone 5’3’” lol ) but they might rest some of the other characters (like with Spider-Man) hopeful they’ll at lest dial back Xavier and magneto...

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Dark Phoenix pulled from Theaters
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2019, 10:37:59 AM »
Dark Phoenix has been pulled from theaters due to poor performance.
https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-already-pulled-from-theaters-three-weeks/
Doesn't mean you can't see it, its not as easily available.
https://movieweb.com/dark-phoenix-pulled-from-theaters-3rd-week/

Dark Phoenix is getting pulled from over 1,600 theaters this week. It's about to lose 44% of its screens, which definitely will not help it make some more money in North America. As of this writing, the latest X-Men movie is stalled at just over $60 million domestically with a grand total of over $232 million globally. It had the worst opening in the franchise's history at just over $33 million and it is currently the lowest scoring of the franchise on Rotten Tomatoes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:42:50 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
So I guess a second attempt at pushing one of the most complex storyline in 2 hours about arguably the most boring X-Men character wasn’t a good idea? Haha
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Dark Phoenix pulled from Theaters
« Reply #443 on: June 25, 2019, 01:12:31 PM »
Dark Phoenix has been pulled from theaters due to poor performance.
https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-already-pulled-from-theaters-three-weeks/
Doesn't mean you can't see it, its not as easily available.
https://movieweb.com/dark-phoenix-pulled-from-theaters-3rd-week/

Yeesh, I haven't seen it yet but don't really have any intention to. I'm ready to move on from the Fox Movies and it sounds like Disney is as well

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Dark Phoenix pulled from Theaters
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »
I wasn't planning on seeing it in the theater either, but I thought it would stick around longer than 3 weeks.

Marvel Studios/Disney should be able to do a better job, they know their property best.
The trailers were not good, and rehashing a story that wasn't done well to begin with probably wasn't a good idea.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #445 on: June 25, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
If this was the Gambit movie. We would see this as the sky falling down on our beloved Cajun! But no one’s stock as gone down for any character who appeared in this movie. It will be forgotten as soon as Disney starts ramping up their MCU version of X-Men!

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #446 on: June 25, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »
Ouch.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #447 on: June 25, 2019, 09:12:49 PM »
It will be forgotten as soon as Disney starts ramping up their MCU version of X-Men!
Disney is allegedly 'resting' the X-Men.  Not sure what the plan was but Fox has screwed it up brilliantly.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:25:37 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
Disney is allegedly 'resting' the X-Men.  Not sure what the plan was but Fox has screwed it up brilliantly.

I'm okay with giving them time to breathe. That way they can make a good plan with them instead of forcing it. I just hope the wait isn't too long haha

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #449 on: June 27, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
I say good riddance to the FOX X-Men movies. I have been so unhappy with the X-films for so many years now. Marvel going forward has to lay off Magneto. Enough already. The X-Men are not all about Magneto. I wouldn't mind Wolverine taking a back seat for a while but at the same time I'm ready for a new interpretation of him. Don't think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine was as amazing as everyone else seems to think it was. I think introducing Gambit early on is a smart movie because he adds a brand new and unique flavor to the X-Men and the MCU in general. It'll be great to finally see a proper Storm brought to the screen. It's going to be hard to wait 5 years for an X-Men introduction to the MCU. It'd be great if in the meantime they could give us an X-Men video game/cartoon series etc to tide X-Men fans over.