Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67039 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 05:25:11 PM »
the editors missed out by not having an X-Factor/ X-Force crossover

Word. I thought for sure they'd use UA as well... Didnt have to be a crossover because Lord knows how far Remender's book was trailing behind. They could have easily had them guest star for arc, if nothing else, in an attempt to boost sales. Same with Cyke and Wolvie's X-Men teams. I thought the premise left it open for several books to crossover logically. But most definitely X-Force seeing as they were so anti-establishment and X-Factor's first mission involved what X-Force did on a monthly basis.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
G. Willow Wilson is on next X-Po.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:16 AM »
I have nothing to ask G. Willow Wilson -

Here is the year end of X-Position
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58069

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
G. Willow Wilson X-Position
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58257

CBR News: First off, as with any incoming writer, fans want to know if you have any plans to use any characters outside of the core X-Men team? Dani Moonstar, Firestar, Frenzy, Polaris, Danger, Emma Frost, Blink -- there are a lot of X-Men that people want to see in "The Burning World."

G. Willow Wilson: This arc is pretty tightly focused on the central five characters of the current roster, since there's a lot of character drama involved -- however! Beast does have a supporting role, and Gambit -- one of my all time favorite X-people -- has a brief cameo.

Soooo - he's not skeezy anymore? Just wondering.  Now he's one of an all time favorite for her?  Damage control from the last time or do you think its genuine.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 06:47:36 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
I am guessing Damage control my self.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »
I am guessing Damage control my self.

I thought that too.  Wonder if the letter I sent helped.  LOL
___
She is getting another book after her four issue arc.

How long do you plan on staying on the book? Please let it be for a while!

Aww! Only four issues. But then I move on to a brand new book that I can't talk about except to say that if you like this particular X-Team, you will like the new book. And if you don't like this particular X-Team, you will like the new book anyway.
Next week, X-Position welcomes new "Wolverines " writer Ray Fawkes into the fold. Have a question for Ray? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

[email protected]

They'll do a thread at CBR too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:18:57 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
her new book is probably an all female superhero team which would be cool if done right

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »
Thats fine if that is what she wants to write, but it didn't get me interested when Wood started this book and I'm not going to buy a different all woman book just because a woman writer is writing it.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58441

X-POSITION: Ray Fawkes Slashes His Way Into "Wolverines"

Offline R0d

• Survivor
  • Bang... you dead
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
Interview with Spurrier (not an X-position but I'll put it here anyway)
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58447

Si acknowledges some stuff about today's market
I believe that in order for the important parts of a story to really have meaning the only thing that truly matters is that it ends. "Happy" or "sad" doesn't come into it.

That's obviously problematic when it comes to ongoing series. My approach therefore is always to construct an interlinked chain of modular stories, each with its own preoccupations and conclusions, which themselves should form the beats of a wider macro tale.

In today's climate one can realistically expect a mid-tier series to last somewhere between 10 and 24 episodes before a relaunch, change-up, paradigm-shift or whatever-it-may be (and that's a phenomenon I'm all in favor of, by the way, for some of the same reasons as the above waffle about endings). Hence it's a smart strategy to go into each gig with ideas for a good half-dozen modular stories, knowing that you probably won't end up using them all

Someone should send this to PAD  :P

PS: Next X-Po is with Bunn (Mags solo)
"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Unknown

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
Hmm... Need new books to read. I'll read the Gambit issues of Storm. I was looking at Uncanny Inhumans. Won't touch anything Bendis is writing. Can't stand his style. So sad I can't look at any of the current X-Men books and be interested.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:32 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 08:04:30 PM »
Chris Yost is up now -
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58649

You have til Friday (1/23)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
Here is the X-Position with Yost.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58816

[email protected]
https://twitter.com/brettwhite

Next week, X-Position welcomes "Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: Black Vortex Alpha" writer Sam Humphries. Have a question for Sam? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:34:36 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »