Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67051 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 09:15:48 PM »
s***s getting real over there lol

You are not kidding.  And PAD may not be at his best, imo.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »
You are not kidding.  And PAD may not be at his best, imo.

i get his frustration but we fans complain all the time about stuff in comics, why is when he does it he gets this reaction, finally someone who is in a high enough position is complaining about Marvels standards, he is pissed it seems and isnt holding back

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »
i get his frustration but we fans complain all the time about stuff in comics, why is when he does it he gets this reaction, finally someone who is in a high enough position is complaining about Marvels standards, he is pissed it seems and isnt holding back

I'm okay with his reaction.  He just needs to express it better, imo. 

NicoPony

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »
Sales go down on your book?  Must be the artist's fault.  Book gets canceled?  Must be Gambit's fault.  I guess blaming the artist is better than a fictional character.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
Sales go down on your book?  Must be the artist's fault.  Book gets canceled?  Must be Gambit's fault.  I guess blaming the artist is better than a fictional character.

Or actually taking the blame for the writing.   ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
PAD has expanded to another thread - must be bored.  He hasn't visited in a long time and now two threads.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?27920-All-New-X-Factor-18-Spoilers

Either way - an odd thing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:34:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
I agree with NicoPony it seems it is everyone else fault except his.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:26 PM »
I just think he should acknowledge that maybe he missed the mark.  But that said, sometimes its hard to see it.  2 more issues and then Gambit drought.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »
I just think he should acknowledge that maybe he missed the mark.  But that said, sometimes its hard to see it.  2 more issues and then Gambit drought.

Definitely missed it. The book was totted as a Gambit POV team book. The premise: an international corporation gets into the superhero game using "X-Factor" as a name. As direct follow up from the Gambit solo and his new status quo, Gambit fans expected a reflection of that. Asmus made him (while never winning a real fight mind you), cunning, calculating, suave, the king of thieves and subsequently the head of a secret order. We never really got that. The first issue had him bumbling a heist, belittled by Wolverine, sulking in a bar and cracking jokes, that weren't out of character, but out of place with what we got used to seeing over the prior year+. PAD seemed to downplay everything that should have mattered to Gambit on a personal level (The Guild, being Death, his love life), but again, not out of character, but somewhat out of place. How does the horseman subject not come up until the second to last issue? And even then, brought up and dropped. I hope it was a foreshadowing to next issue, because it disappeared in less than 6 pages when it was brought up as a gag. Not to mention all the Egypt references throughout the book, (Serval logo, Georgia aka Decay that seemingly turns people into mummies, and now they are reading hieroglyphs in a arid country and about to fight some sort of resurrected god that looks nothing put ancient Egyptian), a lot of people thought the presence of Apocalypse's former horsemen would tie into his return in AXIS. But of course not. Why the #$%# would that happen?

The supposed King of Thieves had no ulterior motive to volunteering to work for and live within a multi-billion dollar organization? Really? He can blame, characters, artists, business models and edicts all he wants, the man had not one, but two niche audiences to draw from (his loyal X-Factor readers and Gambit fans who sustained a solo higher than several team books at the time with next to zero advertising or story tie-ins) and still couldn't make it work. He found out the book was being canceled and it visibly showed. He basically did a 180 and abandoned the original book model. It from "All-New X-Factor" to "Quicksilver and The House of M".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:24:40 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »
the biggest problem was Georgia, the book had a building pace and numbers then her arc begins and boom the book declines, the same thing happened with X-Factor before he focused on characters not part of the core team and readers lost interest, he brought in Darwin, Longshot and Shatterstar who no one really had interest in at that point, and the Shatterstar/Longshot conection.....are you freaking kidding me, the more i think about that run the angrier i get, this book had great potential and PAD yet again screwed the pooch,as they say, blaming everyone but himself is childish but im glad he mentioned the poor art quality and big events, unfortunately its warped in childish ranting 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »
No kidding. The only reason I remained calm and optimistic is because hes known for writing long sweeping stories, a long ball kind of guy, ya know how Remender thinks of himself. But now that its ending and see that's there basically no forward momentum, I'm supremely disappointed. He says that "they'll show up again in Spiderman 2099" but that means LIMBO. If the team remains intact after the last issue they become off panel, retcon ammo, guest stars of no consequence: limbo with the chance of visitation once or twice a year.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:20 PM »
No kidding. The only reason I remained calm and optimistic is because hes known for writing long sweeping stories, a long ball kind of guy, ya know how Remender thinks of himself. But now that its ending and see that's there basically no forward momentum, I'm supremely disappointed. He says that "they'll show up again in Spiderman 2099" but that means LIMBO. If the team remains intact after the last issue they become off panel, retcon ammo, guest stars of no consequence: limbo with the chance of visitation once or twice a year.

or maybe they become a team for some new writer to do something with?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
or maybe they become a team for some new writer to do something with?

That would be awesome... But Marvel doesn't make me optimistic. To be honest, when I learned what Serval was in the Marvel universe, I thought X-Factor and PADs stories wouldnt be an exclusively X-Men book. I thought the nature of the premise and what the company means to the world would allow it to literally go anywhere. I thought they'd clash with the Avengers, make real enemies of AIM (not just villain of the week crap) and HYDRA, bump heads with SHEILD, become unspoken rivals to the X-Factions (in terms of a super team of mutants). They'd even have reason to go over in the UK and interact with MI:13. Serval is Google of Marvel? They had no boundaries. But instead we got unnecessary made villains, foolishness and internal, petty, boring angst. The book had so much potential, but I guess you can put that on the editors as well. What was their long term vision for the book? Who knows...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:07:08 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:45 PM »
the editors missed out by not having an X-Factor/ X-Force crossover