Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67062 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-john-layman-signs-off-from-cyclops

X-Position with John Layman - and the end of Cyclops solo.

Next week, X-Position gets back into the "Wolverines" groove with writer Ray Fawkes. Have a question for Ray? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

[email protected]

is it ending?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2015, 07:24:25 PM »
is it ending?

Oh yeah, it is ... I can't recall the issue number but Cyclops is ending, as is Storm.  Mags is alive for now but for how long, I dunno.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:33 PM »
 :jumping: lol Marvel Fail

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-yost-gives-his-x-men-an-amazing-end

X-POSITION: YOST GIVES HIS X-MEN AN "AMAZING" END

Lastly, Alucard2099 has a question that looks past "Amazing X-Men" and into the future.

"Amazing X-Men" is ending before "Secret Wars," so are there any other X-related projects in your near future?

Not strictly X-related is "MODOK Assassin," coming out in May. [It's] a "Secret Wars" tie in, there's also a well known mutant -- who might be played by Channing Tatum in a future movie -- as well as some purple X-villains in the first issue.

If I am right Modok will fight Assassin Guilds in his mini so it makes sence for Gambit to appear. I hope Yost will use Remy fine.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
Me too.  This mini is 5 issues btw.  I noticed that in the previews book I got from my shop.

How cool - another Gambit appearance.  I hope Yost does a good job with him.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »
Me too.  This mini is 5 issues btw.  I noticed that in the previews book I got from my shop.

How cool - another Gambit appearance.  I hope Yost does a good job with him.

Yost did write Hellbound and made Deathbit badass, also im having a brain fart but who are the purple x-villains he's talking about

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
Yost did write Hellbound and made Deathbit badass, also im having a brain fart but who are the purple x-villains he's talking about

Maybe Sentinels? They're purple and red

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »
well aprt from that the only other dudes i can thin of are Kahn and his aliens from X-Treme vol.1

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2015, 02:05:23 AM »
I have got a mixed feeling about Hellbound. There were some awesome Deathbit moments but a fight with Cannoball was really bad.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:12 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by really bad.  If you mean that Cannonball won, well - Deathbit is one of the bad guys in the mini. 

I liked Hellbound because it did something with Deathbit, showed some of his powers.

What would have been great was a wrap to Deathbit but I think there was some interference as how much could or would be done with Deathbit. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »
I do not like the whole fight and conversation. In h2h Gambit is much better and with Death persona fight really should have been memorable and with some awesome moments. For me there was nothing interesting in this fight.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2015, 06:25:19 PM »
I do not like the whole fight and conversation. In h2h Gambit is much better and with Death persona fight really should have been memorable and with some awesome moments. For me there was nothing interesting in this fight.

Cannonball was trying to get a reaction from Death and he didnt, Death was toying with him, it took Illiana and Pixie to stop him with thier soul sword and dagger and even then it was kind of a sucker move, could have been worse

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
Cannonball was trying to get a reaction from Death and he didn't, Death was toying with him, it took Illiana and Pixie to stop him with their soul sword and dagger and even then it was kind of a sucker move, could have been worse

I gotta agree, it could have been worse.  I just look at it as, they were doing what it takes to take Death down and hope Gambit came back.  In this case, its what the story needs.

If nothing ever happens to Gambit, then there isn't any history.  And as history goes, this isn't so bad.  Captain America punching G three times for no real reason was far worse, imo.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
I gotta agree, it could have been worse.  I just look at it as, they were doing what it takes to take Death down and hope Gambit came back.  In this case, its what the story needs.

If nothing ever happens to Gambit, then there isn't any history.  And as history goes, this isn't so bad.  Captain America punching G three times for no real reason was far worse, imo.

i akso liked the fact none of them knew he was Death thy all thought it was Limbo affecting him

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
i akso liked the fact none of them knew he was Death thy all thought it was Limbo affecting him

I think that is an interesting point.  They don't know it - and none of them ask him about it either.  They just accept he's back.  To me, its a small thing that could have been explored.  The only person who had a clue later on was Blindfold.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:04:47 PM by Nekobaghira »