Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67032 times)

Offline deathsun

• Thief
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
No connection other than both being excellent books featuring Wade Wilson.

I really hate this guy now. I really hope that we won't see Gambit in Uncanny Avengers for one small cameo. Marvel, please left Remy in mystery alone.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
Duggan doesn't care for Remy as he cares for Rogue's gloves. Those who wants to be annoyed can look to new X-Position.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
Duggan doesn't care for Remy as he cares for Rogue's gloves. Those who wants to be annoyed can look to new X-Position.

I don't get you?

Gambit looks good in the previews. Good as in 'he looks hot and not a douche'.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »
I don't get you?

i loled

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »
I don't get you?

I didn't look for images, so that is Gambit doing small scale thievery in underground with a stereotypical thief. OK that is something. My reaction for him caused for his answer about Rogue for a Gambit question.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2016, 04:40:34 PM »
To be fair, Gambit isn't part of Uncanny Avengers, Rogue is. I doubt that Gambit will be joining the book long term at this stage. And he won't be joining any books if Deadpool v Gambit doesn't do well enough.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2016, 04:18:55 AM »
I just wanna know what Gambit is wearing on his head and why he seems to have allowed the Hamburglar to join the Thieves Guild. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-duggan-teases-a-return-surprise-romance-in-uncanny-avengers

Gerry Duggan ... X-Po

And Calintz also has a question about everyone's favorite Southern superhero.

In the future will we get to see Rogue in a relationship that doesn't involve Gambit or Magneto? I liked what you tried to do with Johnny and wished that would have played out but as life goes.

Yes, a relationship seems to be slowly developing for her. I've already enjoyed people beginning to notice.

Most likely Hank Pym ..... good for her. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Next week, "Deadpool v Gambit" writers Ben Acker and Ben Blacker will join us here at X-POSITION for the first time. Have a question for Acker and Blacker? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position". But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/brettwhite
Email:
[email protected]  Subject line X-Position

Questions thread:
http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?79262-Submit-Your-X-Position-Questions-for-Ben-Acker-amp-Ben-Blacker
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:53:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »
X-POSITION: ACKER & BLACKER REVEAL CHANNING TATUM'S INFLUENCE ON "DEADPOOL V GAMBIT"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-acker-blacker-reveal-channing-tatums-influence-on-deadpool-v-gambit

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »
It was a pretty good X-Po. And I plan on doing all the tweeting they suggest, if I enjoy this book.

@BnAcker & @BenBlacker

Marvel Editor list:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/lists/marvel-editors/members

I also hope they really don't depend to deeply on 21 Jump Street persona that Tatum used, I've seen that movie, not impressed.   :P

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
Yeah that's the one thing they got wrong, and it's a big thing. Gambit isn't dumb.  He's really intelligent despite growing up on the streets. Except that maybe its not academic intelligence but more like street smarts. I mean, the guy is the king of thieves. You dont get there by being Tatum in the Jump Street movies.

My guess is they read up on Gambit to research the character because they had to write him. It seems that they enjoy writing the character but have no special love for him like they do with Deadpool?  Should still make for a fun read.  I'll pick it up on my lunch break and report back when I'm home from work.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:53 AM »
Agree Spoonz. This comment made me sad too.
Also it seems they do not know any Gambit stories. Like they know him only from XTAS.

I hope I will enjoy first issue today.

Edit: Writers are not even sure if Gambit and DP had ever met :( That means they even don`t know that DP was hired to kill Remy.

Blacker:I'm sure they've met here and there in the X-books over the years (and if they haven't, that seems like a crazy oversight).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:08:12 AM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2016, 08:26:01 AM »
They were far too excited about FF and Alpha Flight in an interview meant for DvG, but whatever.

I think they're young and only remember what most remember who don't read comic books. I would guess they didn't have to do much research and went with whatever editorial told them.

They've written Deadpool before so Gambit is new to them. Guess we'll see.