Author Topic: Secret Wars  (Read 36580 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
As a thought on the secret wars.  Do you think it would have been an interesting twist to have a Gambit where in the ensuing chaos he takes full control of the guilds and goes black ops strike team in battleworld .  No need for him to be as restrained with the big bads out there and pretty much it being dog eat dog.  They could have made epic use of the asmus power up to play hit and run fights and pitched battles.  A chance to have him grow up and be a leader even if he doesn't like it.  I can't imagine him being passive in something this big.

That would require those that planned the event to even think of using Gambit.  He's not top of mind, especially with those who planned these events. 

In your scenario, sure it would make sense to have him be a player in the event. 

Would it have been interesting, sure.  Sadly we'll not get too much Gambit in the Secret Wars event. 

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:07 PM »
I know that but I figured it would have been awesome.  I could totally see him and his guild crew getting lost in the cracks of battleworld between the barriers stuck in walls as such and using them to hop into areas and running early sabotage missions.  I could have totally seen him and his crew running an incursion before the triscellion fell messing with defenses and structures.  Maybe stealing an iron man suit while running amok in the buildings foundations
/secret levels.   And bugging out just before the 616 heroes arrive.  You know almost marvels personal ninja corps.  Just thieves and assassins  doing the hard dirty work setting things up all guts no glory but I don't think his ego is so fragile he needs it.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
Sounds great! It would be great to have Gambit be hidden and yet do some interesting things.  Like steal the Iron Man suit.  Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer, sometimes I forget that speculation can be allot of fun.   ;)

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
I'll take a bit of speculation and fun where it comes.  Esp with marvels attitude to its xmen ip and more specifically gambit. . . .  (poor guy lost it all in legacy. . . . ).  But I can't help seeing the missed opportunity in this. . .  he could be used as the subtle pushes to help 616 teams even those that fail.   If they wanted tension they could have started him with a limited number of men that whittle down to 0 as a final battle looms (drama stress heroics maybe a traitor) and help some of the known survivors make it back to the new verse.  If they want him to die it could be a heroic sacrifice.  . .  or a new way to bring him back in a darker capacity have him make a giant final battle to buy other teams time and have sinister pick up the beaten  gambit.  (Gives option to escape or create as unwilling henchmen. . .  haunt the x-men/ avengers who would have to battle with fighting the dude who saved them) maybe let him escape later to find his own space so many interesting things they could have done. . .  it would also give us closure/certainty on a favourite.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »
AOA #2 was good. Not as good as #1 but I liked it.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »
Who is the kid in the image?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »
Who is the kid in the image?
Cypher. He is a POV character in this.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-the-question-of-a-bisexual-hercules-looking-inside-invincible-iron-man-2015

Alonso: The big X-Men relaunch kicks off in October with "Extraordinary X-Men" #1 and #2 by Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos. It's followed in November by Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley's "All-New X-Men" and Tom Taylor and David Lopez's "All-New Wolverine." December will bring Cullen Bunn and Greg Land's "Uncanny X-Men," and then we'll get Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's "Old Man Logan" in January.

It means Gambit in limbo at least until 2016? >:(
2015 year was really bad for Gambit comics

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-the-question-of-a-bisexual-hercules-looking-inside-invincible-iron-man-2015

Alonso: The big X-Men relaunch kicks off in October with "Extraordinary X-Men" #1 and #2 by Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos. It's followed in November by Dennis Hopeless and Mark Bagley's "All-New X-Men" and Tom Taylor and David Lopez's "All-New Wolverine." December will bring Cullen Bunn and Greg Land's "Uncanny X-Men," and then we'll get Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino's "Old Man Logan" in January.

It means Gambit in limbo at least until 2016? >:(
2015 year was really bad for Gambit comics

Not necessarily. The missing mutants are said to return or pop up as part of an upcoming arc... but I would think something of that caliber would be talked about if it was happening in the first arcs. So, yeah. You might be right... sucks.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
Maybe gambit had a bad comic year, but if the movie turns out great next year, I don't think marvel will be ignoring it and maybe start to lunch new titles.
Heck, just look up gambit busts/statues on eBay, the prices just keeps getting better, while no one likes rogue, LOL.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2015, 05:10:31 PM »
Maybe gambit had a bad comic year, but if the movie turns out great next year, I don't think marvel will be ignoring it and maybe start to lunch new titles.
Heck, just look up gambit busts/statues on eBay, the prices just keeps getting better, while no one likes rogue, LOL.

Rogue Cut was terrible. I liked original DOFP much more. I hope Rogue would be recasted when Gambit will join X team movies.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »

That's funny... Because Marvel has done nearly the exact opposite. I guess it boils down to what Marvel/Disney believes is more important; capitalizing on Gambit's popularity due to a hit film and use it to sell more books or bury the brand to not further Gambit's influence, by that sacrifice some possible revenue.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2015, 02:31:44 AM »

Fantastic 4 dude the film didn't prevent the title from getting canceled don't hold your breath on Marvel capitalizing on Gambits movie or promoting him, unless its Marvel owned movie property they don't care

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2015, 04:46:25 PM »
Nicieza will write Deadpool & Cable: Split Second mini

http://www.polygon.com/comics/2015/8/10/9126523/the-creators-of-cable-deadpool-will-team-up-again-for-deadpool-cable

First book that I would like to try after SW relaunch.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:48:00 PM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
Marvel loves them some Deadpool. Avenger, Cable and Deadpool and Deadpool along with his SW mini series. Marvel really is a mysterious thing.