Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread  (Read 28147 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
Also no X-Force.
Who Dat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
Also no X-Force.
oh that was announced as being canceled after the ANXF cancellation was announced

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
oh that was announced as being canceled after the ANXF cancellation was announced

I thought that but couldn't find the info.  Though, I could see how it would be around when its sales were the same or less than ANXF.  I think those "product names" do not work the same as the "Xmen" name.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
#headsock

I thought they abandoned that look two years ago? Oh well, too little too late. If they had him as a stable recurring character it might bumped sales up 5k or so. I'm steadily becoming "ok" with not reading the books any longer... On a high note, I watched GotG twice since I bought it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »

ah, i didn't even realize that.
Who Dat

Offline kumiho

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »
Okay. I am really happy to see that Gambit is getting an appearance in Storm's book.  :smitten: If we're lucky it will be a real full appearance, with a lot of interaction between them, cause they play really well together, and have such a sweet history together. If it's just her saving 'loser Gambit' who gets to show up in like the last couple pages, I'll be super disappointed.

That being said.... please tell me I'm just delusional about something else....

That's the image for New Avengers promo for issue 31 or 32. No description is given, or as far as I can tell any indication who the hooded guy is, but it is apparently tied to the "Time Running Out" event. Here's where it weirds me out. That coloration and the eyes are very similar to Deathbit. I know that supposedly that whole Death persona was wiped out when Angel removed or turned off the other Death seeds, or whatever.... it was a little confusing. However, if time travel is involved, or alternate timestreams or part of his power return thanks to his brain restructuring from Faiza also fixed Deathbit, then it could resurface. Keeping in mind that at the highest potential of his powers he can control time and space, could Gambit, or an alternate timeline version of his Witness persona have gone crazy Deathbit and be bringing an "End to Time"?  XD

:idiot2:

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
Okay. I am really happy to see that Gambit is getting an appearance in Storm's book.  :smitten: If we're lucky it will be a real full appearance, with a lot of interaction between them, cause they play really well together, and have such a sweet history together. If it's just her saving 'loser Gambit' who gets to show up in like the last couple pages, I'll be super disappointed.

Yeah, I'm very happy to see this too.  I can't wait to see Gambit and Storm together again!

That being said.... please tell me I'm just delusional about something else....

That's the image for New Avengers promo for issue 31 or 32. No description is given, or as far as I can tell any indication who the hooded guy is, but it is apparently tied to the "Time Running Out" event. Here's where it weirds me out. That coloration and the eyes are very similar to Deathbit. I know that supposedly that whole Death persona was wiped out when Angel removed or turned off the other Death seeds, or whatever.... it was a little confusing. However, if time travel is involved, or alternate timestreams or part of his power return thanks to his brain restructuring from Faiza also fixed Deathbit, then it could resurface. Keeping in mind that at the highest potential of his powers he can control time and space, could Gambit, or an alternate timeline version of his Witness persona have gone crazy Deathbit and be bringing an "End to Time"?  XD

Thankfully no. That deos not have anything to do with Deathbit(I would be very happy to never see Deathbit again).  They are the Black Swans that have had a big presence in Hickman's New Avengers-

http://marvel.wikia.com/Black_Swans_%28Multiverse%29
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:48:47 PM by thjan »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
The hooded figure seems to be Rabum Alal. The central antagonist of Hickman's Avengers Saga and the being that started the incursions.

I want Deathbit to go away for a long time.

Offline kumiho

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
Aaww.. was hoping to trick one or two people with that... guess not. Worth a shot though.  :laugh:

Offline kumiho

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »
I thought that but couldn't find the info.  Though, I could see how it would be around when its sales were the same or less than ANXF.  I think those "product names" do not work the same as the "Xmen" name.

Yeah... satellite books just don't jump out to retailers to buy as often, which really hurts the sales numbers. ANXF a lot of people didn't even know was a thing for months because their local stores only picked up a handful of issues, if that, sold them out and other would be buyers never knew about it. Don't get me wrong. Not saying that is the reason it is getting cancelled. A lot more of that is  because once the tradebooks came out most people stop buying the single issues. So there was no reason for comic retailers to stock more, and since they control more of the numbers that Marvel actually bothers to track, you end up with a ridiculously low sales number, regardless of how many people actually enjoy the series.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »
Just realized the preview says Storm is coming to bail out Gambit because he's in over his head... ::sigh::

Of all the characters, I wonder what Storm will be able to help Gambit with that gee, I don't know an entire International Thieves Guild can't get him out of? Whats the point of being king if you cant rely on underlings? These are the times I wished we still had the ongoing. If they were going to allow Asmus to put the man so high, they could have at least set some stuff into play, such as forcing all the active super-thieves, hero or villain to come underneath a single banner. Not work together, but still have to answer to someone/something, namely the ITG. It'd make sense for super thieves to given out "territories" and/or assigned stomping grounds to cut down on violent interactions or turf wars. Since they are trying to give Storm some edge, she could be brought in on it along with the likes of; Fantomex, Blackcat, Lila Chiney (when Earthbound), Boom Boom, Swordsman, Beetle, Black Fox etc... I mean if your going to have a shared universe, might as well use it for more than bombarding us with crossover events.

Oh how we miss you Asmus.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 03:37:01 PM »
Oh how we miss you Asmus.

It is a shame that Humphries is making crossovers for Marvel and Asmus had no project at all(

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 03:41:59 PM »
It is a shame that Humphries is making crossovers for Marvel and Asmus had no project at all(

everyone seems to be forgetting that Asmus left Marvel , im sure if he wanted or needed the work he would get something but the dudes doing fine with the independant stuff and screenplays

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »
Asmus is also a stand up comedian too.  :)  Wished Marvel had found a project for him too.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
Asmus is also a stand up comedian too.  :)  Wished Marvel had found a project for him too.

again he left, it wasnt a matter of he didnt have any work , he, said on twitter at the time that when the Gambit series was done he was done with Marvel, his wife or girlfriend had just given birth so he wanted to focus on the home life, he had a success with Gambit a series no one had hopes for, im sure he could have chosen another project, he chose not to