Excited, sounds fun
0 (0%)
Skeptical
3 (75%)
Hate it, might be done with Marvel
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 23, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Secret Wars: Battle World  (Read 37593 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Secret Wars: Battle World
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:33:46 PM »

http://marvel.com/comics/events/323/secret_wars_2015         <------------ Interactive version of the above map, to be updated every week or so.

So Secret Wars is the story of Battleworld (what a name...). As we knew, a bunch of realities and franchises are being smashed together and forced to do battle. Even the Marvel Zombie universe and the 1960s Marvel are t excluded. Popular opinion says they will be fighting for the right to exist. Aka Marvel's version of a New 52. They say its not a reboot, but a company wide retooling... So reboot.

Seeing all these realities battle it out sounds fun... And expensive. I might try my best to follow it. But I will tell you guys, I'm not buying ##$# leading up to it. They've made their entire current crop of stories obsolete and pointless. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folk start getting killed off. So much for canceling FF and Wolverine being dead. Why are they even launching new titles like Antman and Uncanny Inhumans?

Press conference states that the current creators may continue to write their characters but not necessarily in the same books... Different aspects from different parts of Marvel franchises will be merged to make this new reality All-New Marvel. Not sure how feel about this. If it came from a pure place that wasn't being controlled by Disney, I'd be cool, but there's an agenda that's been building since the purchase.

I see Squirrel Girl having an ongoing, Howard the Duck in X-Men books, mutants being watered down, and a more movieverse friendly Avengers ruling all. Check out the map, tell me what you guys think
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:36:43 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Secret Wars: Battle World
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 11:35:27 PM »
Apocalypse has a huge chunk of land... Expect some AoA refugees to survive this.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Apocalypse has a huge chunk of land... Expect some AoA refugees to survive this.

a younger Magneto to fit in with film version, plus 616 Magneto has old man balls lol

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
Kind of reminds me of that Champions thing they do along time ago.  But I suspect its a reboot to their universe.  Change some things around I suppose for more control of their property.

I might try and issue or two.  But the real issue to me is ... is AvX all over again.  Only nuance is everything in their line is involved - and its been noted will probably retool the line.

Guess we'll see.  I would imagine Xmen '92 is there for some reason or is that just some random book.

As for Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck, whatever.  I don't see either going past 12 issues.  But I could be wrong. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »
http://www.newsarama.com/23479-secret-wars-gets-hot-with-inferno.html

I'm starting to get a bit alarmed. The way this article is set up, its leading me to believe that there will be an "Inferno" book when this starts... So are you tell me that each zone on this map will have its own dedicated book?!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »
Lots of updates to the Battle World. Check it out above.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »
Lots of updates to the Battle World. Check it out above.

where? they are old posts no?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
where? they are old posts no?

They reveal new parts of the map every week or so. The first post has the link.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »
Normally I put AIC's in their own thread but this one deals with Secret Wars .... so here it is.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-navigating-the-secret-wars-landscape-responding-to-a-challenging-week

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »
Secret Wars Journal:
http://marvel.com/news/comics/24301/luca_pizzaris_exclusive_secret_wars_sketchbook_explodes

Luca Pizzaris sketchbook.  He loves drawing Gambit and Storm.  Woot!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
More information from Variant Comics

https://youtu.be/oZXhn6yaE8A