Excited, sounds fun
0 (0%)
Skeptical
3 (75%)
Hate it, might be done with Marvel
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 23, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Secret Wars: Battle World  (Read 37587 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Secret Wars: Battle World
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »
A series of videos from Comics Explained. Really awesome playlist. Helped me catch up;

Marvel Secret Wars 2015: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9sO35KZL50wMKNt-UEyPdHEghRbVodTp
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
Sooo... I impulse purchased Secret Wars#1... Anyone else?

Everyone and everything died.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »
Sooo... I impulse purchased Secret Wars#1... Anyone else?

Everyone and everything died.

yup, it was all over the place Cyclops riding Sentinels and turning into the Phonix ...where did that egg come from? did he lay it  :o

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »
Ouch, SW #1 is out today! Oof.  I guess I'll have to go digital if I want it.  

Your spoiler is kind of funny in an odd way Don.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 04:29:09 PM »
Well, not everyone dies. Some live. Reed Richards, Black Panther, Cap Marvel, Cyclops, Spiderman, some others

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »
If anyone has questions about how this came to be... dont ask. Watch the video series from Comic's Explained. He does a great job of making sense of all the nonsense.

So some important information;
-The end of the Marvel multiverse is caused by the colliding of worlds (two world's of different universes)
-Worlds are colliding due to "incursions" or disruptions in the space time continuum
-Ultimately it was discovered that these incursions were intentionally being caused by single person. This person was a complete mystery to those trying to stop the destruction until after months and issues worth of storylines it was found to be Dr Doom (616), hoping to use the resulting energies for his own
-He achieved this by killing off the Molecule Man of different realities (apparently he was a dimensional constant in the multiverse, the result of an experiment by the Beyonders, whom were also hunting Doom)
-The world (Earth or any planet experiencing an incursion, but I think only Earth's are) can be spared from destruction by destroying the opposing realities planet of the same name. If the opposing planet is destroyed, both universes are spared destruction with only one planet being sacrificed (Namely Earth).
-the earths in question are 616 (main Marvel) and the Ultimate universe. One is not destroyed, and both earth's and the remainder of the Marvel multiverse are wiped from existence.
-due to the construction of a "life raft" by Reed Richards, close to a dozen 616 characters survive the end including; Reed, Black Panther, Spiderman, Captain Marvel, Star Lord, Cyclops, and Thor (female).

Feel free to add and elaborate!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:48:48 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 03:43:58 AM »
I read the spoilers for this yesterday.  So basically almost every character you've loved is now dead, and all their past experiences and story lines are gone?  That's a lot of story to just erase.  I wonder what new Gambit we'll get if any.  From X-men '92 most likely.  Unless you guys think that they'll just take this opportunity to get rid of the character?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 09:07:44 AM »
I read the spoilers for this yesterday.  So basically almost every character you've loved is now dead, and all their past experiences and story lines are gone?  That's a lot of story to just erase.  I wonder what new Gambit we'll get if any.  From X-men '92 most likely.  Unless you guys think that they'll just take this opportunity to get rid of the character?

no no its not a "reboot" as Marvel keep saying they will be back after the event..........i hope

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
no no its not a "reboot" as Marvel keep saying they will be back after the event..........i hope

If everything is for nothing and they are going to return the universe to its former state, characters and all, then its pointless. This whole thing is pointless. The biggest issue folk are bringing up is that they effectively ended the Marvel multiverse. If it's a temporary matter, then its a waste of time, spineless cash grab.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
If everything is for nothing and they are going to return the universe to its former state, characters and all, then its pointless. This whole thing is pointless. The biggest issue folk are bringing up is that they effectively ended the Marvel multiverse. If it's a temporary matter, then its a waste of time, spineless cash grab.

Nailed it.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
no marvel event in recent years has had any meaning or effect, House of M its fixed now, Civil War um what ever happened to that act, Secrete Invasion and Seige were bot nothing events as was Fear Itself, AVX,Age of Ultron, Infinity War was it?..the one where Thanos was looking for his son or something ,Original Sin ,Axis all a waste of time and money, World War Hulk was fun and no one died and it didnt "shake up the MU" i wish they would stop with these events and concentrate on characters and stroylines, rather than setting up the next event every 6-12 months. funny when i was trying to think of all the events i forgot half of them, im sure ive left out one, not counting the self contained events btw

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
AvX Little Marvel #1
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »
Skottie Young is doing this ... and its part of Battleworld.  June 3rd release date.  I might have to get that darn cover with Gambit on it.  

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 01:32:14 PM »
Awwww, wee Gambit getting his game on while the other kids duke it out. That's pretty cute.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »
Awwww, wee Gambit getting his game on while the other kids duke it out. That's pretty cute.

I thought the same thing.  LOL.  He's being sweet to Black Widow, offering a lollipop?  Too cute. Her smile at him actually makes it more cute.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:02:16 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 04:40:03 PM »
Interestuing if Gambit will appear inside of book.