Excited, sounds fun
0 (0%)
Skeptical
3 (75%)
Hate it, might be done with Marvel
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 23, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Secret Wars: Battle World  (Read 37575 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars: Battle World
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
nope he is cannon fodder

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
Secret Wars Journal #1.  Gambit/Sinister ... or whatever he should be.  Just wall paper in the issue.  And only on the page with cards in the beginning and on the last page with his staff and cards.  He uses his card.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »
Secret Wars Journal #1.  Gambit/Sinister ... or whatever he should be.  Just wall paper in the issue.  And only on the page with cards in the beginning and on the last page with his staff and cards.  He uses his card.

Better to be wallpaper then to be killed by modok.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:55 PM »

I suppose so, though allegedly allot of characters are suppose to be killed off in this event. Still, Gambit making an offer for saving him and MODOK .. didn't even bother.  "You are in killville", wholla dead.  Gambit won't be the only killed in this series but ... I'm not wasting any time on it now. 

As for Secret War Journals - each issue is a one shot in the series.  Not a bad idea. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »
In SW 2099 there are banners advertising "Stark/Fujikawa". Maybe Witness will return?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
Maybe, but isn't SW 2099 written by PAD? Not so sure how much he cares about Gambit anymore.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »
Nightcrawler got messed up by dog men lol

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »
Maybe, but isn't SW 2099 written by PAD? Not so sure how much he cares about Gambit anymore.

Only time will show :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »
Nightcrawler got messed up by dog men lol

I understand but I still shocked that modok has 5 issues limit series.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »

I understand but I still shocked that modok has 5 issues limit series.

as am i but this is marvel, Howard the Duck and Squirl Girl have ongoings

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 07:51:57 PM »
as am i but this is marvel, Howard the Duck and Squirl Girl have ongoings

I don't see Squirrel Girl sticking around for long, at issue number 4, its at 20k.  They did do a spin on Howard the Duck, with Howard the Human.  Ooof. 

All I can hope for is something to read at the end of Secret Wars.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2015, 08:09:54 PM »
I don't see Squirrel Girl sticking around for long, at issue number 4, its at 20k.  They did do a spin on Howard the Duck, with Howard the Human.  Ooof. 

All I can hope for is something to read at the end of Secret Wars.

there will be something im sure, interests will be peaked and sales will be good for a while and then spiral downwards, the new 52 proved popular at first but now DC are no better than they were before same will happen to Marvel

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
As whacky of an idea this Secret Wars event was in my opinion, I have to hand it to Hickman, much like Infinity, he's doing a helluva job telling an epic level story. Even just reading the main SW title, I'm understanding most of the background... Other than why Namor is running with Thanos that is.

I can't for the life of me understand why Marvel us allowing Hickman to leave to DC after this event. He's done a bang up job making Marvel interesting outside of the X-Men, because until about 2008, that was a rare thing. SW was another great issue. But there is still a lot of mystery left in the story. Like how were Doom
and Strange the only ones left
after the end and how did Doom ascend to goddom.

Have to admit when they said the final incursion happened a mere 8 years ago, I laughed. It was on its own panel like it was supposed to be dramatic.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
Hickman's not going to DC after Secret Wars. He's just taking a break from Marvel for a few months. He has no pitches on anyone's desk and no editors are calling and begging him to write anything. He's just stepping back and making sure his creator owned stuff is as good as it can be.

Who knows, come NYCC 2016 we may hear him be announced for Uncanny X-Men.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2015, 01:29:24 AM »
Hickman's not going to DC after Secret Wars. He's just taking a break from Marvel for a few months. He has no pitches on anyone's desk and no editors are calling and begging him to write anything. He's just stepping back and making sure his creator owned stuff is as good as it can be.

Who knows, come NYCC 2016 we may hear him be announced for Uncanny X-Men.

Really? That's awesome... Because one of the YouTube channels I watch (can't remember which) implied he was on his way to DC. I'm glad he's not, but I don't look forward to the power vacuum his absence will create.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony