Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men 600  (Read 13072 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Uncanny X-Men 600
« on: May 18, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
Uncanny Xmen #600, Bendis' last issue will be delayed by 5 months.  

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/uncanny-x-men-600-delayed-until-after-secret-wars

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/18/uncanny-x-men-600-slips-5-months-from-may-to-october/

Brian Michael Bendis has confirmed that "Uncanny X-Men" #600 will be released in October rather than this month, as it had been originally scheduled -- but not because of delays from the creative team.

"It was bumped until after 'Secret Wars' for editorial and commercial reasons," Bendis wrote on his Tumblr. "Not my call. This was Marvel. But they have their reasons.

"Uncanny X-Men" #600 is the finale of Bendis' stint as writer on the flagship "X-Men" titles, a run that started in November 2012 with "All-New X-Men" #1. The issue was originally scheduled for release in May, coinciding with the opening month of "Secret Wars."

"It will not effect the story or the impact of the story," Bendis said of the new release date. "In fact it may have more impact on how things shake out after my run. But I promise you, it could easily ship this month as it was supposed to. It has been written. pages are already in as many of the collaborators have said so on Twitter."

News of an "Uncanny X-Men" #600 delay was first reported earlier on Monday by Bleeding Cool. "Uncanny X-Men" #34 is slated for release this Wednesday, and "Uncanny X-Men" #35 -- the issue directly preceding "Uncanny X-Men" #600 -- will be "right behind," according to Bendis.

Editorial making changes? hmmmm, do you think its got anything to do with Iceman's major change.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:28:10 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Uncanny X-Men 600
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
not, 600 is about Beast on trial for his sins or such fluff

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
Perhaps Beast's story gets touched upon, but ... when TIceman was outed - there were several news articles with Bendis - which is why I thought it might have something to do with Iceman.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-on-icemans-outing-says-im-not-done-with-this-story-yet

The one thing that struck me about the reveal was, why do this now when your run on the X-books is about to end?

That's the other thing. There's more to this story than just this issue. Other things are going to happen. In fact, the biggest questions are, "I don't understand. How is young Bobby out, but older Bobby isn't? What are you saying?" The answer is that you'll find out in "Uncanny X-Men" #600. I'm not going to spoil that. It will probably be spoiled for me, though.
<snip>

I'm not done with this story yet, though. I still have many pages to go, and then the next person has a story that they can do with a character that I would like to read.

Bendis:
I leave the X-Men on "Uncanny" #600, more layers will be peeled off of this, including what this means for older Bobby. I think we address all the big questions
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:22:54 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »
Brevoort says the issue isn't done. 
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/

UNCANNY X-MEN #600 is not printed. It’s not finished, and Brian didn’t say that it was finished.So you need to just take a deep breath, relax, and not let hysteria take you over.

Let’s use a very simple metric here, for all of these things: if the books that you’re talking about were legitimately completely finished, what possible reason would there be for holding them back? It doesn’t make any sense at all.

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Brevoort says the issue isn't done. 
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/

Maybe marvel wants rewrites and that might mean new pages drawn  and that means delays.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »
I'm with you on that line of thought - Marvel wants rewrites.  I do think the issue is under some sort of rewrite and that does mean different art depending on how much of a rewrite the issue is undergoing.

Question becomes why? Was it to have more impact and get headlines with older Iceman in regards to young Iceman's sexuality? Was the Beast story/trial not up snuff? Did the issue have a spoiler element for Secret Wars?  Just pondering a bit because its a long time to wait for the alleged end of Bendis' run.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »
maybe they realized Bendis is a tool  :P

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
Based on the reviews I've read of UXM 34 (on cbr)... a lead up to #600 alledgely - there really is no reason to prolong the release of 600.  The issue says to be concluded in 600.

It seems more like rewrites to me.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »
Basicly it goes like this its not Scott Summers talking to Mystique its Dazzler , the Students from Scotts side are there too all masked by telepathy, Raven figures out its not Scott and Dazzler puts her out through a window then orders Magik to save her, so stupid, anyway Dazzler goes back to singing and the students are at the gig or what ever it is, they all decide they dont have to be X-Men just because they are Mutants , being an X-Man was Scotts thing, they can be something else something different but not the Fantastic Four evidently to be continued in UX600

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
So, the something different? What they renounce being mutants and become Inhumans so that Marvel can have their property back in some way?  LOL

Still - the big deal of status quo change and dealing with the prior issue ..... washed away or is there actually a plan. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
If Bendis goes to the well a second time with Jean on this story, not only is that lazy but it takes away from the whole thing.  IMO.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/icemen-meet-in-new-art-from-bendis-uncanny-x-men-600
"The [coming out] scene [in 'All-New X-Men' #40], or this storyline, continues in 'Uncanny X-Men' #600, and I happen to know from knowing the plans of what's happening after me, [it continues] beyond me," said Bendis. "So it's a big part, and it will be interesting to some people. Whether they like it or not, I don't know, but you'll see a big chapter unfold in 'X-Men' #600. That chapter will be drawn by Mahmud Asrar who drew the other part [in 'All-New X-Men' #40]. I'm eager for people's reaction to that."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:52:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »
boo.....boo this man

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
LOL I approve of this.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Toadman005

• Survivor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 01:07:02 PM »
maybe they realized Bendis is a tool  :P

We can hope.

\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"