Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1095429 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Gambit Watch
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »
We know he'll be the Collector in Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde -

While I know we had complied some stuff - he wasn't really listed in much.  And since I've snafu'd .. doing the best I can with appearances.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:39:53 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
Hold up... that might not be Gambit. Just because he looks like Gambit, dresses like Gambit, talks like Gambit, says he's Gambit, doesnt mean he's Gambit... could be some completely original character from China studying under Cosmic Daredevil.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »
heh heh, well it could be some guy from china without a green card to be in the states to study under Daredevil, but .... we do know that the writer did confirm it is Gambit.  LOL

I think this time ... we are okay.  July 22nd is when Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #1 will be out.

Can you believe it, they're giving Squirrel Girl a new #1.  The book is at cut off or lower and she gets another shot.  *sigh*

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »
heh heh, well it could be some guy from china without a green card to be in the states to study under Daredevil, but .... we do know that the writer did confirm it is Gambit.  LOL

I think this time ... we are okay.  July 22nd is when Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #1 will be out.

Can you believe it, they're giving Squirrel Girl a new #1.  The book is at cut off or lower and she gets another shot.  *sigh*

they like her in the office, frankly they should just do  GLA/X/I  what ever they are now book, thats where i know the character from

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
Comicstorian does Gambit origin's video and mispronounces Lebeau.

https://youtu.be/bKGfwPaufyE
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:39:27 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
Comistorian does Gambit origin's video and mispronounces Lebeau.

its annoying, all he does is recap origins and butcher the Le Beau pronunciation 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
its annoying, all he does is recap origins and butcher the Le Beau pronunciation 

I didnt like how he said Gambit's powers were "to charge objects with kinetic energy and throw them"... Throwing things has nothing to do with his powers. It's like saying Wolverine has the mutant ability of stabbing.

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
Quote from: DonPriceTag link=topic=4926. msg65604#msg65604 date=1437601243
I didnt like how he said Gambit's powers were "to charge objects with kinetic energy and throw them". . .  Throwing things has nothing to do with his powers.  It's like saying Wolverine has the mutant ability of stabbing.

BWAHAHAHA! That seriously made my day.  Too effin' funny.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »
Wolverine is suspiciously good at stabbing, it makes sense. Maybe we should take a closer look at his powers.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 11:41:56 PM »
Comicstorian does Gambit origin's video and mispronounces Lebeau.

This guy was so obnoxious--"Yeah, we looked up how it's pronounced, but we picked the one we liked, even though it's probably wrong." And he kept saying it, like he knew it was annoying. Hey guy--people who say it as lebue are f-ing morons.

Interestingly, he does better with "Boudreaux"--not much, but he's somehow fine with pronouncing the "eaux" sound THERE. That's as far as I got with it before closing the tab.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 03:50:28 PM »
Gambit appears in a picture in AoA 2 and AoX Gambit makes an appearance courtesy of Magnetos memories of them all getting destroyed in Red Skull 2

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Purplevit posted the cameo in Secret Wars.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
Gambit appears in a picture in AoA 2 and AoX Gambit makes an appearance courtesy of Magnetos memories of them all getting destroyed in Red Skull 2

So that brings the SW Gambit death toll to what, now?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 09:00:22 AM »
So that brings the SW Gambit death toll to what, now?

4 i think, theres A0A 2, Red Skull 2, Modock Assassin 1, Secrete Wars Journal 1 , after that i dont know i though this thread was longer or is there another one with all his appearances in it?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »
No, this is the only one we've got. :)