Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098843 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1650 on: June 18, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
Seriously, what the #&$& is happening?!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1651 on: June 18, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
Don't panic .... 

I just can't do this hobby as enthusiastically as before, being stuck to another character does nothing for me.

Marvel has never been the HEA type group, there needed to be more clean up to make it work but I guess in a tragic sort of why, it is the way of romance novels. There is that -  :D

Yeah, I've been there. I dropped comics for probably a decade or so out of pure protest (two names in particular: Carey, Milligan) and I do have my doubts about Marvel's ability to sustain a HEA down the line. I trust KT though.

Seriously, what the #&$& is happening?!

It's almost like fan fiction, isn't it? LOL.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1652 on: June 18, 2018, 07:53:07 PM »

Yeah, I've been there. I dropped comics for probably a decade or so out of pure protest (two names in particular: Carey, Milligan) and I do have my doubts about Marvel's ability to sustain a HEA down the line. I trust KT though.
I guess the question is, if a HEA is the goal ... are they going to stick to it or just flirt with it until it isn't deemed important. Is this a Sue and Reed thing or what? Is this a new direction? Do they want to reap the female audience by giving them HEA's .. but if they do, they can't just stop if they want the action/adventure stuff. For comics they need to keep the book rolling unless a series of minis is the best way to go. I dunno, they might do well going in that direction. I'm not sure.
And for HEA's, in the romance world once they hook up its done with a few exceptions, so maybe Marvel is trying something different to gain an audience? An idea. Not a bad one, kind of late but ... still .. could bring them some dollars.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:56:32 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1653 on: June 18, 2018, 07:55:02 PM »
I'm sorry... What is HEA?

Hetrosexual equally aggravated? Only once a month for me.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1654 on: June 18, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »
I'm sorry... What is HEA?

Hetrosexual equally aggravated? Only once a month for me.
LMAO - I almost spit my drink out. HEA=Happily Ever After.

Edit: Its a romance novel type thing, they always have them. Depends on how many books to achieve it but in general that is the goal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:59:51 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1655 on: June 18, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »
Goodness, you guys are quick. I've done nothing. Haven't decided anything. And in my attempt to be less active, which is also my saying I'm disappointed without raining on anyone, hasn't resulted in anything.

You are slaying me!  :D

Don't let the Darkside convince you.  Don P is like Emperor Palpatine trying to use subtlety to sway you.  Remain strong in the force and resist the temptation. 
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1656 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:01 PM »
Palpatine........? I can dig it.

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #1657 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
A couple things I noticed reading the BleedingCool article a... um, couple additional times:

Rogue’s suddenly sporting a power dampener around her neck during the vows.  I thought it was just lazy writing like hand waving her powers like “it’s a little kiss, he’ll be fiiiine” by Guggs with the kiss at the end but it looks like someone did think about it and address it!

There’s also a cut of panel we see above the vows part that we pretty much just see a bunch of legs & hips. You see a couple hands in front of the people to the right & left of Gambit & Rogue so I think it’s a whatever you’d calll a last minute wedding party (and Gambit’s to the right of Rogue which put the POV of the audience looking on, which is why i’m thinking the others are wedding party as they face he audience).  Which, I think, makes Storm best man, Iceman Man of Honor and Laura & Kurt the other two.  Which is so painfully adorable, and I support this

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1658 on: June 18, 2018, 11:49:51 PM »
A couple things I noticed reading the BleedingCool article a... um, couple additional times:

Rogue’s suddenly sporting a power dampener around her neck during the vows.  I thought it was just lazy writing like hand waving her powers like “it’s a little kiss, he’ll be fiiiine” by Guggs with the kiss at the end but it looks like someone did think about it and address it!

There’s also a cut of panel we see above the vows part that we pretty much just see a bunch of legs & hips. You see a couple hands in front of the people to the right & left of Gambit & Rogue so I think it’s a whatever you’d calll a last minute wedding party (and Gambit’s to the right of Rogue which put the POV of the audience looking on, which is why i’m thinking the others are wedding party as they face he audience).  Which, I think, makes Storm best man, Iceman Man of Honor and Laura & Kurt the other two.  Which is so painfully adorable, and I support this

Yeah, I noticed the power dampener too. Like, where did that come from? Does she carry one in her purse? LMAO.

Also, anyone else noticed Rogue has brown eyes in the issue? Otherwise, the art is pretty solid.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1659 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:01 AM »
Well I suppose it is progress that after 20+ years together, Rogue finally figured out all she needed was a PD.  Hopefully no more dumb stories about her complaining about not being able to touch.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1660 on: June 19, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »
Hmm..not lovin this. I always thought romy stories made Remy into a bit of sappy schmuck telling her how wonderful she is while she treated him like
Crap. But...I hope this series is different

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #1661 on: June 19, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »
Funko is releasing a Prince Harry & Meghan Pop set...hope they consider the same for G&R.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1662 on: June 19, 2018, 01:51:37 PM »
Funko is releasing a Prince Harry & Meghan Pop set...hope they consider the same for G&R.

Did you see the Gambit Funko that JPop did a couple years back? Super cool, but probably pretty expensive

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1663 on: June 19, 2018, 10:31:22 PM »
Marvel's Wedding of the Century (again)
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/13/marvel-comic-book-marriage-june-2018/

So we all know how the Rogue and Gambit book will end now.

Called it

Offline NewSun17

• Thief
« Reply #1664 on: June 20, 2018, 01:58:02 AM »
Mr and Mrs X!!!! Gambit and Rogue are the new Cyclops and Jean. They are about to take off!!!