Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1095417 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1770 on: August 14, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
This topic for me is the same as if Gambit charges object with his own energy or just converting potential energy of object into kinetic. In comics he did both variants. It is just depends from writer.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1771 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »
The times Gambit's eyes weren't red and black were due to the colorist messing up, this much is obvious. However, I disagree with the argument that they are not part of his mutation.

Yeah, there were times when Gambit was depowered and his eyes were still the same but also there was that time when the High Evolutionary erased the x-gene. Gambit had normal eyes after the fact. Nightcrawler and Beast were normal looking as well. So his eyes were part of his mutation, at least in this case.

If his eyes are not related to his mutation it would mean that Gambit is not just a mutant but also something else. Personally, I don't like this idea.   

If eyes weren't part of his mutation then Rogue wouldn't absorb his eye color with touch or kiss.

And there's also this. Although I don't think there's much thought put into this except for the fact that it looks cool.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1772 on: August 14, 2018, 02:37:21 PM »
The times Gambit's eyes weren't red and black were due to the colorist messing up, this much is obvious. However, I disagree with the argument that they are not part of his mutation.

Yeah, there were times when Gambit was depowered and his eyes were still the same but also there was that time when the High Evolutionary erased the x-gene. Gambit had normal eyes after the fact. Nightcrawler and Beast were normal looking as well. So his eyes were part of his mutation, at least in this case.

Yeah i addressed that dude UXM 379-380 the colorist is all over the shop, Remys pupils are red in some panels after the x-gene is gone and then when he gets his powers back his eyes are white/normal. But during XXM 19 onwards his eyes while depowered are Red on Black

@purplevit i forgot about Rogue however she did absorb Deadpools skin cancer and im sure thats not his power,(like i know the whole healing factor experiment messed up his skin but is it his power part of his power?) when she absorbed Wolverine she got his chops too and sometimes his hair style again im sure thats not part of his power
anyway it doesn't matter, i shouldn't have stated it as fact when its not, its not cannon and hasn't been stated in the comics or by a writer

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1773 on: August 14, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
Yeah i addressed that dude UXM 379-380 the colorist is all over the shop, Remys pupils are red in some panels after the x-gene is gone and then when he gets his powers back his eyes are white/normal. But during XXM 19 onwards his eyes while depowered are Red on Black

@purplevit i forgot about Rogue however she did absorb Deadpools skin cancer and im sure thats not his power,(like i know the whole healing factor experiment messed up his skin but is it his power part of his power?) when she absorbed Wolverine she got his chops too and sometimes his hair style again im sure thats not part of his power
anyway it doesn't matter, i shouldn't have stated it as fact when its not, its not cannon and hasn't been stated in the comics or by a writer

Yeah, too many diferent srories to say smth as fact. More as what someone whant to see in it.
As many fans as many different opinions how Gambit should have been written ;)

Don`t know answer about Deadpool and his skin, really.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1774 on: August 14, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

My bad I don't know all the issue numbers by heart. Actually I had just realized that I dumbly mentioned the same example you did.

The fact that Gambit's eyes were white on the last panel after they got their powers back was obviously a coloring mistake. I mean, right after they were depowered his eyes were blue and then in the next issue they were brown. There's no consistency and that's the problem, it doesn't mean his eyes and mutation aren't related.

I read these issues a long time ago so I could be wrong, but their powers weren't simply off then like when they have a power dampener on, it was related to the x-gene so that's why I think this situation is different from the x-treme one.

Ps. is there any other issue where Kurt or Hank changed physically because they couldn't use their powers? Just curious cause I can't think of any.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:06:35 PM by andresa »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1775 on: August 14, 2018, 04:58:00 PM »

Ps. is there any other issue where Kurt or Hank changed physically because they couldn't use their powers? Just curious cause I can't think of any.
Hank was in prison before with Wolverine and their powers were turned off  so he reverted back to human state, i cant think of any other instances that wasnt an image inducer being used, i never read Excalibur or X-Factor though or pre Gambit X-Men

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1776 on: August 14, 2018, 08:55:15 PM »
Gambit's eyes are red on black when he is a baby and there has never been any indication that his powers manifested at birth.  Only a few mutants like Hope have had such a thing happen.

Then there is the XXM case where his eyes are red on black while depowered.  So I think on balance I would say his eye color is not a part of his mutations.  It is something else that has never been fully explained and is likely tied to his unknown parentage.

I have always thought one of his parents was human and the other something else alien/demon with demon perhaps explaining why he seemed to have a particularly affinity to Deathbit and why it stuck around even after Sinister allegedly removed it.  Of course that is just my head cannon.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1777 on: August 14, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
Ah yes Kurt, however when Kurt is depowered he reverts to a human state, when Gambit is depowered his eyes are still red on black though, again see XXM 19 till the end, off the top of my head his eyes always stay red on black with the exception of UXM 379- 380  but that could be coloring related as when the X-Men are depowered Remys pupils are red in some panels and when their powers come back his eyes are white. Same argument i make that his abilities are all natural not power related as when he is depowered he is still the same fighter and acrobat with the same agility and speed, he took out Bishop with no powers.

Kurt is also the son of a demon and we saw the Bamfs and Azazel have a similar look so I would say that depowered or not that is more a function of his father's lineage.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1778 on: August 15, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »

Wade killed Bella and she was written lame and weak in Deadpool Assassin 5.
If it wasn`t a shapeshifter as Bella in issue 5 or she won`t be brought back to life next issue then I will be really dissapointed  in Bunn as writer and Deadpool as character.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:53:19 AM by purplevit »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1779 on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
Why would you be disappointed in Wade? He's a mercenary who, earlier in the series, only takes serious jobs.
Who Dat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1780 on: August 15, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

If it wasn`t a shapeshifter as Bella in issue 5 or she won`t be brought back to life next issue then I will be really dissapointed  in Bunn as writer and Deadpool as character.

Man they have really screwed her character since the first ongoing ended, she was terriable in the second ongoing, was the villian in an X-Force mini, Scarlet Spider (Kain version) and now this , she isnt even blonde in it, really sucks  >:(

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1781 on: August 15, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
Why would you be disappointed in Wade? He's a mercenary who, earlier in the series, only takes serious jobs.

He was talking a lot about  his codex but it seems his codex means nothing for friends.
DvG is canon.
Killing ex wife of his friend is not fine. Make out with ex girlfriend of his friend is not fine.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1782 on: August 15, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »

Ugh. Hate this so much.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1783 on: August 16, 2018, 02:44:59 AM »

Is what happened in today’s Deadpool Assassin going to affect Deadpool’s appearance in MMX? Or should we assume DA happens later or Gambit doesn’t know?

KT: My understanding is that Deadpool Assassin is “out of continuity”

That’s…the only answer I have right now. : /

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1784 on: August 16, 2018, 08:26:31 AM »
Is what happened in today’s Deadpool Assassin going to affect Deadpool’s appearance in MMX? Or should we assume DA happens later or Gambit doesn’t know?

KT: My understanding is that Deadpool Assassin is “out of continuity”

That’s…the only answer I have right now. : /
Makes sense, like he killed a whole lot of other characters,Boomerang, Lord Deathstrike and Crossbones is the only names i can think of right now, also Weasel