Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1095376 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1785 on: August 16, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »
Makes sense, like he killed a whole lot of other characters,Boomerang, Lord Deathstrike and Crossbones is the only names i can think of right now, also Weasel

Yeah. Boomerang is alive in Spider-Man and Peter Parker`s room mate now.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1786 on: August 16, 2018, 09:45:19 AM »

He was talking a lot about  his codex but it seems his codex means nothing for friends.
DvG is canon.
Killing ex wife of his friend is not fine. Make out with ex girlfriend of his friend is not fine.

Rogue kissed Wade. Bella was trying to KILL him. And he's a merc. One of the dangerous in the universe when written the way he should be. Just like Gambit should be the best thief when written correctly. It's okay to be mad about her being killed and I understand why, but don't act shocked that Wade was the one to do it or why he did it.

None of it may matter anyway. Or this is just way after any other story currently being told.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:05:05 AM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #1787 on: August 16, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1788 on: August 16, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »
Preview is here.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/08/16/exclusive-marvel-preview-mr-and-mrs-x-2/

Good preview! Really intresting to see what will be next and to see Gambit reaction when he finds Wade there.

Good preview! Really intresting to see what will be next and to see Gambit reaction when he finds Wade there.[/size]At least Cerise made smth useful. Always good to see Gambit with lock pick[/color]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:10:02 PM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1789 on: August 16, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:22:52 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1790 on: August 16, 2018, 07:53:39 PM »
Looks like next week theme is to highlight Gambit's skill. Great preview for both the books.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1791 on: August 16, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
MMX looks good. Kinda miss Gambit's accent though. I get toning it down but it's fracking gone. Haven't seen Gambit freakout like that in a long time... He's genuinely concerned about his wife. Artwork is great.

X-Men Red is still on the cusp for me. Taylor and friends seem hell-bent on riding this "to me my X-Men" thing into the ground. Carmine's art is an upgrade but the colorist is messing it up for me. I don't dig the purple boots on Gambit at all. The story has picked up in the last couple issues, I hope the trend continues.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1792 on: August 16, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »
Yeah, that "To me my X-men" line always sounds so contrived to me. I wish they'd drop it already.

Don't like the purply-pink boots either...and that red X they're all sporting looks like a sticker Jean doled out to them at the last minute to make them look like a team, lol. I do like the scene between Gambit and Gabby, though. Very cute.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1793 on: August 17, 2018, 12:52:07 AM »
I get they are married but Jesus, you guys are superheroes and will be in dangerous situations.  Don't really want Gambit or Rogue losing their cool everu time the other is in trouble.  A bit disconcerting that instead of being proactive about the situation, he just sat there until Cerise came up with the plan just out of the blue.  Where is the Gambit with that swagger where when Cable was ready to move, Gambit just instinctively knew what his role was.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1794 on: August 17, 2018, 07:35:03 AM »
I get they are married but Jesus, you guys are superheroes and will be in dangerous situations.  Don't really want Gambit or Rogue losing their cool everu time the other is in trouble.  A bit disconcerting that instead of being proactive about the situation, he just sat there until Cerise came up with the plan just out of the blue.  Where is the Gambit with that swagger where when Cable was ready to move, Gambit just instinctively knew what his role was.
he wasn't just sitting there he was getting them out of the shackles, you know doing something he is good at, also being showcased here as being good at . A writer showcasing Gambits skills, something we all complain that Marvel has lacked in the past. Going by the dialog it seems they already had a conversation off panel, either that or he instinctively knew she had a plan hence the line "wait til im free before you make your move" , How is freeing them and going with a plan not being proactive, he's ready for a fight and think of the confidence that Remy has in his abilities that he frees Cerise first, knowing it could go wrong and he'd have to fight shackled, that's swagger dude. As for his reaction to his wife getting blown up, yeah its actually quite tame imo but again given the dialog he's counting on her powers to have saved her, so hes 99% sure she's alive. Gambit & Rogue always lost their cool whenever they are in trouble hurt or injured its freaking annoying, always has been this is noting new here.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1795 on: August 17, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »
he wasn't just sitting there he was getting them out of the shackles, you know doing something he is good at, also being showcased here as being good at . A writer showcasing Gambits skills, something we all complain that Marvel has lacked in the past. Going by the dialog it seems they already had a conversation off panel, either that or he instinctively knew she had a plan hence the line "wait til im free before you make your move" , How is freeing them and going with a plan not being proactive, he's ready for a fight and think of the confidence that Remy has in his abilities that he frees Cerise first, knowing it could go wrong and he'd have to fight shackled, that's swagger dude. As for his reaction to his wife getting blown up, yeah its actually quite tame imo but again given the dialog he's counting on her powers to have saved her, so hes 99% sure she's alive. Gambit & Rogue always lost their cool whenever they are in trouble hurt or injured its freaking annoying, always has been this is noting new here.

Totally agree with you.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1796 on: August 17, 2018, 12:28:00 PM »

I actually missed the "wait til I'm free before you make your move," in the top right corner of that panel.  I would agree that makes the rest of the scene much better.

As for them freaking out when the other is in trouble, I didn't say it was unique to this book.  I just find it annoying.  They should be used to it now.  Although with that line above, it may be Gambit is just yelling like a concerned husband to distract them from the fact he is breaking them out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:32:35 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1797 on: August 17, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »

I actually missed the "wait til I'm free before you make your move," in the top right corner of that panel.  I would agree that makes the rest of the scene much better.

As for them freaking out when the other is in trouble, I didn't say it was unique to this book.  I just find it annoying.  They should be used to it now.  Although with that line above, it may be Gambit is just yelling like a concerned husband to distract them from the fact he is breaking them out.
that would be pretty cool and on point

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1798 on: August 17, 2018, 02:03:38 PM »
Did the list... Editor added "the best X-Man" thing to the title. That's going to ruffle some feathers. May have been the point. Still, not really my angle lol.
 http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/16/10-gambit-facts/

Thanks for the topic ideas guys.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:07:49 PM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1799 on: August 17, 2018, 02:42:22 PM »
Did the list... Editor added "the best X-Man" thing to the title. That's going to ruffle some feathers. May have been the point. Still, not really my angle lol.
 http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/16/10-gambit-facts/

Thanks for the topic ideas guys.

Really cool, man! My favourite part was that Gambit stole batmobile, wedding and even Fantomex ;D