Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098800 times)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2055 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
The movie was ridiculously badly handled from front to back.  It was embarrassing for fox..Tatum etc. Now if only kinburg would stop saying its going ahead😲😲

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2056 on: November 09, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
The movie was ridiculously badly handled from front to back.  It was embarrassing for fox..Tatum etc. Now if only kinburg would stop saying its going ahead😲😲

That's what has annoyed me the most. He just keeps throwing out these red herrings to try to build hype

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2057 on: November 09, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
He seems to have stopped now. Wonder if he'll start up again when they're doing the press junket for dark Phoenix.  *SMH*

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2058 on: November 09, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what will be said in general since it sounds like the Disney/Fox deal could be done sooner than expected

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2059 on: November 09, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
lol I like how some were finally convinced that this film wasn't happening was because of Tatum's recent haircut. Not the amount of directors exiting, or the script changes, or the filming delays...

"the HAIRCUT! It's over!"

Seriously though, I feel for the ones that kept defending the film...I wanted it to happen too a long while back, but it's becoming a farce and it was looking like a really bad film destined for failure.
That said, nothing's officially confirmed that it's NOT happening. But personally, I don't want this to go ahead anymore, and even some of the Gambit fans are over it too.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #2060 on: November 10, 2018, 02:57:39 AM »
lol I like how some were finally convinced that this film wasn't happening was because of Tatum's recent haircut. Not the amount of directors exiting, or the script changes, or the filming delays...

"the HAIRCUT! It's over!"

Seriously though, I feel for the ones that kept defending the film...I wanted it to happen too a long while back, but it's becoming a farce and it was looking like a really bad film destined for failure.
That said, nothing's officially confirmed that it's NOT happening. But personally, I don't want this to go ahead anymore, and even some of the Gambit fans are over it too.
I totally agree. Was SO excited when film was announced years ago. But since then, Fox has done so much to damage the X-men brand, while the Marvel studios brand has become near invincible. Just seems like the best way to salvage the X-Men brand is to scrap any and all Fox related projects and let Marvel build them back when they come home.
I have 0 faith that anybody has any idea about making a good Gambit film over at Fox, and a bad Gambit film would almost certainly damage the character beyond repair.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2061 on: November 10, 2018, 05:21:40 AM »
The worst part is going from having a Gambit solo movie to hoping he will ever show up in the MCU in a significant role.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2062 on: November 10, 2018, 06:48:19 AM »
The worst part is going from having a Gambit solo movie to hoping he will ever show up in the MCU in a significant role.

Unfortunately, that could be the case. Though with MCU, they do have a knack of frequently releasing Avengers/Solo Avenger films in a short time.

If they want to be ambitious with X-Men, they should try to look beyond just "Wolverine-Wolverine-Wolverine" like what the idiots at Fox did and push other characters like Gambit, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue etc, either in solos or perhaps split the teams like "Blue & Gold" or maybe add an "X-Force". Have a real balance like what the MCU did with the Avengers. That's probably Gambit's best chance.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2063 on: November 10, 2018, 10:07:03 AM »
That does indeed suck, that we were going to get a solo movie, but fox botched it so badly, on multiple occasions, and ended up with nothing. :/

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2064 on: November 11, 2018, 08:09:28 PM »
I'm just hoping we can get a good animated series while we wait to see if Gambit is going to be in the movies or have a significant part. That would tide me over a while. The dream would be a live-action series

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2065 on: November 11, 2018, 10:09:06 PM »
Years ago, Fabian was asked about his thoughts of a Gambit movie and he thought that Gambit would be great on the small screen.  That a TV show would suit the character better. I remember at the time thinking, what? No. A movie would be great. Now, I think he wasn't wrong. With Disney launching their own streaming service .... a Gambit adventure show wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #2066 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »
I've always preferred the idea of a Gambit TV show instead of a movie.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2067 on: November 12, 2018, 11:22:12 AM »
Years ago, Fabian was asked about his thoughts of a Gambit movie and he thought that Gambit would be great on the small screen.  That a TV show would suit the character better. I remember at the time thinking, what? No. A movie would be great. Now, I think he wasn't wrong. With Disney launching their own streaming service .... a Gambit adventure show wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

They're giving Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Cassian from Rogue One their own shows. They might as well tap into a popular X-Men character (other than Wolverine because he'll probably be a staple for the movies again). Gambit would make a lot of sense. Heck, get Fabian to write it and I think you've got a hit

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2068 on: November 12, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
MMX 6

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2069 on: November 15, 2018, 12:37:00 PM »
Rosenberg and Larocca on Uncanny 11

I am sure that you old missed Uncanny solo Cyclops stories.