Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098528 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2070 on: November 15, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »
King of Thieves asked:A) Uncanny was amazing, as was the Jean back-up. B) In Amazing Spider-Man, there's mention of a new Thieve's Guild leader, Odessa Drake. Has Gambit been overthrown, or is she just in charge of the New York branch?1979semifinalist answered:A) Thank you! B) The latter. Odessa is running the NY Thieves Guild. And MMX #11 & #12 will be a Thieves Guild story so…this may come up!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:15:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:50:35 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2073 on: November 17, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
So this is next wedsnday then? Which is day before thanksgiving...yikes, where did the time go?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2074 on: November 17, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
Yes, its out 11/21/18, the day before Thanksgiving. Turkey day is early this year.

Yeah, time is flying or feels that way when some of the holidays are earlier than usual.

Which reminds me, I'll start the thread now so its ready to go on release day.  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2075 on: November 19, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »
MMX 6

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2076 on: November 20, 2018, 01:22:50 PM »
MR. AND MRS. X #8[/color][/size]KELLY THOMPSON (W) • Oscar Bazaldua (A)Cover by TERRY & RACHEL DODSON• Spiral jumps into the fray!• But whose side is she really on?• Will Rogue and Gambit ever get the vacation they deserve?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

[/color]

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2077 on: November 20, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »
Great cover with the typical Dobson Gambit-face and his generic pretty-girl face.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2078 on: November 20, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
I want them to fight so I can hear "Bang you Dead, Spiral!" 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2079 on: November 23, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »

Gambit: King of Thieves - The Complete Collection Paperback – May 21, 2019
by James Asmus (Author), Clay Mann (Illustrator), Leonard Kirk (Illustrator), Diogenes NievesNeves (Illustrator), & 1 more

Marvel's premiere thief has sets his sights on his biggest scores yet - but he may end up over his head! Raiding a lost temple of doom is all in a day's work for Gambit...until an ancient god-monster is accidentally loosed on Earth. Then, Gambit travels to the United Kingdom to heist the greatest weapon in the history of man: Excalibur! Whether he's rescuing archaeologists from the Forever City, teaming up with the Avengers' marksman Hawkeye, chasing a mysterious lady thief or facing down a horde of super villains, the ragin' Cajun is the one holding all the cards! But when Pete Wisdom calls in a favor, Gambit will need all his skills to save those dear to him! Who is Remy's friend Fence, and what secrets is he hiding?

COLLECTING: GAMBIT (2012) 1-17, MATERIAL FROM A+X 3

GAMBIT: THIEVES’ WORLD TPB

Written by JOHN LAYMAN & JAI NITZ
Penciled by GEORGES JEANTY & ROGER ROBINSON
Cover by SETH MANN
ON SALE MARCH 2019
Ever wonder what Gambit does when he’s not with the X-Men? Join Remy LeBeau in the exciting and treacherous terrain of the New Orleans underworld, where his skills and mastery as a thief are unquestioned! But Gambit’s confidence may be his downfall — and his world might soon collapse like a house of cards! When the reanimated dead leave their graves and overrun the streets of the Big Easy, Gambit is the only person who can save the city from a zombie apocalypse! But he’s got even bigger problems: two women, both heartbroken, both angry…and both demanding his head on a platter! Then, the talented thief faces his most dangerous job yet: infiltrating the heavily fortified home of…the X-Men?! You’ve got to read it to believe it, mes amis! Collecting GAMBIT (2004) #1-12 and material from X-MEN UNLIMITED (2004) #3.
296 PGS./Rated T+ …$29.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-91605-3

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2080 on: November 23, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
Was the second half of Fabian's run been collected?

$30 per book, I suspect. Cool.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2081 on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:48 PM »
Was the second half of Fabian's run been collected?

$30 per book, I suspect. Cool.

Will be this December.
 X-Men: Gambit - The Complete Collection Vol. 2 The Cajun rages on! Join Gambit on a time-tossed trip to the 19th century, and discover how the Thieves' Guild was shaped by Candra...and Mr. Sinister! Back in the present, Remy needs help - and Rogue flies to his aid! Thanks to Gambit's evolving powers, he can finally greet her with a kiss - but as his abilities get more unstable, any thoughts of romance will be short-lived. Gambit's destiny looms as he takes leadership of the Guild - assuming he can survive an Assassination Game against deadly villains like Bullseye, Constrictor, Zaran, Deadpool...and Archangel? And what are X-Cutioner and Ego the Living Planet doing here?! Gambit will finally discover the secret of his mysterious patron, the New Son - but is he hero or villain, and what will Gambit have to sacrifice to triumph?COLLECTING: GAMBIT (1997) 12-25, ANNUAL 2000

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:01:51 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2082 on: November 24, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »
Looking at these trades, Layman's is expensive for 13 issues. IMO. You are getting more issues with the other two trades. I guess its comparable.

Xmen Gambit - The Complete Collection Vol 2, release date 12/24/18 - look at that a Christmas present. At Amazon its $34.99.
I'll look into the price for the Asmus one but I thought that had been collected before.

edit: The Asmus one with 18 issues is also $34.99 from Amazon.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:19:46 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2083 on: November 24, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »
Looking at these trades, Layman's is expensive for 13 issues. IMO. You are getting more issues with the other two trades. I guess its comparable.

Xmen Gambit - The Complete Collection Vol 2, release date 12/24/18 - look at that a Christmas present. At Amazon its $34.99.
I'll look into the price for the Asmus one but I thought that had been collected before.

edit: The Asmus one with 18 issues is also $34.99 from Amazon.

Layman's solo is lame so of course it is too expensive:)

Asmus reun was collected only in 3 trades. It the first trade that will have all issuea collected.

A lot of good Gambit trades are coming in 2019.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2084 on: November 25, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »
Layman is a good guy - he most likely was given some "goals", like with Asmus.

I think having all the trades is good. Whether you like the author or not. I want them.
KT's will get collected. I'm sure. :)