Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1107671 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2295 on: April 23, 2019, 05:11:44 AM »
Just signed Gambit Movie petition

http://chng.it/R8DLJdXkXQ

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2296 on: April 23, 2019, 07:18:11 AM »
Just signed Gambit Movie petition

http://chng.it/R8DLJdXkXQ
Thats a good idea. There are lots of petitions for all sorts of things. Why not. :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2297 on: April 23, 2019, 04:31:17 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mayge i should start one demanding i direct, ill do better than who they have now LMAO.....awe i made myself sad :-[

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2298 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »
I don't have this, I know it. But I will look for it now. Because it at least appeals to me. :)
Found it on Twitter, Jeremy Whitley.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #2299 on: April 27, 2019, 03:12:23 AM »
I don't have this, I know it. But I will look for it now. Because it at least appeals to me. :)

If I remember correctly it was a special issue of All new X-men Monster Unleashed feat. Gambit and it was a really cool self contained story.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2300 on: April 27, 2019, 06:31:32 AM »

If I remember correctly it was a special issue of All new X-men Monster Unleashed feat. Gambit and it was a really cool self contained story.
yup yup

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2301 on: April 27, 2019, 01:20:02 PM »

This page makes me feel hungry...

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2302 on: May 01, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »
Gambit King of Thieves Complete Collection tp is out today May 1/2019. For those looking for the whole Asmus run collected. It has 17 issues.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2303 on: May 01, 2019, 07:24:48 PM »
I'd love to see a post mortem interview with Asmus about the series. We got a shallow exit piece but nothing really in depth. Not sure if Marvel makes creators sign a NDA but often once the books end they don't talk too much about it.

As for the petition... I'm signing anything without getting more info about the script lol
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2304 on: May 02, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
It slays me, my shop does not order a lot of the collected stuff. The last couple I bought because of Gambit, there was literally only one on the shelf.

I hope I have them all by now. LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2305 on: May 02, 2019, 08:49:18 PM »
And for the record .... I'm (yes it is me) mentioned in #8 ... made my day.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:21:58 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2306 on: May 03, 2019, 09:42:36 AM »
I remember that! That was awesome. :D

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2307 on: May 03, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »
Asmus had the right voice for Gambit, very much in tune with Nicieza, level-headed, charming, but not over-the-top and not a parody. My only criticism is that I felt some of his stories lacked a bit of drive, I remember he led in with a very generic villain (Cich?) I forgot his name, I did not like him, though Tombstone was very good when he popped up. Some really good parts, some no so great, the fairy story was awful, but I loved the issue where Joelle walked into a supervillain's gathering to look for Tombstone, my favourite issue.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2308 on: May 06, 2019, 10:22:32 AM »
 AiPT!: Robert Secundus (@RobertSecundus) said that it seems like not just the X-Line, not just comics, but pop culture generally is finally willing to tell stories again about couples beyond the exhausting (and exhausted) will they/won’t they or get together/break up cycles. Rogue and Gambit getting married is just one example. What do you think motivated this shift?

Jordan: Honestly, I think it all depends on how it’s done. I think the reason everyone has been so shy to answer those “will they/won’t they”s with a hearty “they will” is because doing that has ruined a lot of stories, and it’s a hard bell to un-ring. Personally, I think hooking up Mulder and Scully is where The X-Files went from being a show I loved to being one I was constantly disappointed by, and when they brought the series back, their relationship hung over everything in a way that really turned me off to it. That being said…in X-Men, I think there is a lot lower stakes on each individual relationship, though, because none of them are THE relationship the whole thing hangs on. Rogue and Gambit had a lot of heat back in the day, but then for many years they were not a thing. Now, they are back together and married, and I think we have that leeway to try that with them because they are not the lynchpin of the line, we can get a little experimental.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:18:14 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2309 on: May 09, 2019, 02:06:57 AM »
 https://mobile.twitter.com/kevinwada/status/1126137740934782976

Wanda's redesigns for Gambit. Just for fun. Not official

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:51:58 AM by Nekobaghira »