Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098136 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #2460 on: October 25, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2461 on: October 25, 2019, 03:11:24 PM »
Once again guys I'm totally lost. Why is Apocalypse hanging around the X-Men now?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2462 on: October 26, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »
Once again guys I'm totally lost. Why is Apocalypse hanging around the X-Men now?

Because Krakoa is a sovereign nation now where all mutants are welcomed including the villains such as Apocalypse and Sinister.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2463 on: October 26, 2019, 06:38:50 PM »
But if they do bring Deathbit back I want him to have new powers again. This time he can corrupt cats and then summon them from a hidden dimension, using his Deathcats as minions in combat.

... I probably shouldn't be allowed to write for Marvel.
Bring on Deathcats or Demoncats either would work or both as minions. LOL

I can see it, Deathbit sends out the minions and they poison with their claw thus killing whomever Deathbit deemed unfit. And yes, I shouldn't write for Marvel either. I actually have something more sarcastic to add but won't.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:49:42 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2464 on: October 28, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
From X-Men Monday

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »

A 2019 Gambit by Jim Lee

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2466 on: October 28, 2019, 11:31:14 AM »
Jim Lee still draws a gorgeous Gambit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2467 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:28 PM »
Twas the night before Armageddon... What's up, fam? Cajun sat out the whole summer, we're finally getting some content. Tis a good thing, no?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2468 on: October 30, 2019, 04:32:51 AM »

I didn`t like Excalibur 1.

If Gambit says something then he must show it. Otherwise he looks stupid.

Rogue was just one sided and robotic for me. She never felt alive in it.

It may change in next issues but I sincerely doubt. Right now I am dissapointed that I even bought it.

Maybe it is just me and others will like it. Premise of book is interesting. Story is fine. Just too many supporting Breddrock charactes in it that I don`t know or even care about.

Art and colors are the best part of it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:49:06 AM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2469 on: October 30, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »
I'm not mad ... Just bored and disappointed.

The script was hard to follow in several places. Jubilee's usage felt forced and unnecessary. Gambit was flat. Apocalypse wasn't impressive at all. Rogue was almost unrecognizable. I think me and remydat could rework this story into something more cohesive and exciting. As is, it's a big ball of meh, for me. I'll give it another book before I stop talking about it but keep buying it in secret because I'm such a Gambit nerd.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 02:33:54 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2470 on: October 30, 2019, 04:17:21 PM »
I'm not mad ... Just bored and disappointed.

The script was hard to follow in several places. Jubilee's usage felt forced and unnecessary. Gambit was flat. Apocalypse wasn't impressive at all. Rogue was almost unrecognizable. I think me and remydat could rework this story into something more cohesive and exciting. As is, it's a big ball of meh, for me. I'll give it another book before I stop talking about it but keep buying it in secret because I'm such a Gambit nerd.
It felt off as do all the books coming out of HoX & PoX , Rogues Powers have been retconed again she doesnt have full controll over them like she did at the end of Mr& Mrs X, Gambit is being writtin they way Milligan wrote him, He's got balls but is an idiot, this is A Betsy & Poccy book disguised as a team book, apart from those two any of the other character could be replaced

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2471 on: October 30, 2019, 04:41:22 PM »
It's still the first book, so I'll wait a bit to see where the story goes. I'm just writing it off as a slow start. Betsy and Apocalypse are clearly the stars though, as we still don't have a reason for the other characters to be in the book.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2472 on: October 30, 2019, 05:19:50 PM »
I'm almost 100% certain there's going to be a Romy baby.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2473 on: October 30, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
I'm not committing to this book. At 5 bucks for 20 pages of content. No. And with a character I loathe to boot and another treated poorly based on what I've seen here. I'm just not going to do that anymore. Oh well, there is always other hobbies I can indulge in. LOL

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2474 on: October 30, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
I'm not committing to this book. At 5 bucks for 20 pages of content. No. And with a character I loathe to boot and another treated poorly based on what I've seen here. I'm just not going to do that anymore. Oh well, there is always other hobbies I can indulge in. LOL

You won't like this book. And if my theories are correct of what's foreshadowed, you'll hate it even more.

I like Betsy, so the story is fine for me. But the Gambit stuff? Might anger a few here...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:40:17 PM by Sparta »