Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098564 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
Deadpool V Gambit #3 cover.

I think it is a pretty lame cover :(

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #316 on: May 08, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
Which one? Did you mean the RSGambit from Uncanny A #5?

That's the one yeah, been too proud to ask for it before.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:39 AM »
lol... Months of press, dominates the solicit and a full cover for the last 5 pages of the book.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
Which is a shame, right?  Because when all is said and done, that is a fairly decent Gambit.  Not stellar, not Asmus or Nicieza levels of Gambit, but decent.  Sure of himself and confident, so you can see why Rogue wanted to jump him.  So I mean, if Gambit actually had a proper, substantial role as a recurring character in this book, then it would probably be a great addition!  Why noooooo we can't have that now can we?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »
Which is a shame, right?  Because when all is said and done, that is a fairly decent Gambit.  Not stellar, not Asmus or Nicieza levels of Gambit, but decent.  Sure of himself and confident, so you can see why Rogue wanted to jump him.  So I mean, if Gambit actually had a proper, substantial role as a recurring character in this book, then it would probably be a great addition!  Why noooooo we can't have that now can we?

Well Asmus says to petition the X-Office. Got to do our part.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »
Well Asmus says to petition the X-Office. Got to do our part.

But then you know...maybe I'm being being a beggar and a chooser, I want a writer to write Gambit because they WANT to.  Not because they got told to.  And not because they hate him and make him want to look bad (seriously got that vibe when Gambit got brought back in AoA to get trolled by Tampax and then die stupidly AGAIN), or because they need more drama with Rogue.  Like, Liu and Asmus and PAD, they wanted the character and wrote him wonderfully.  But hey they didn't sell millions of copies or whatever. 

So Duggan knows how to write Gambit but unless he wants to write Gambit because he likes Gambit, then I don't want him to write Gambit.  Does that make sense?  It's like Carey.  Who, by the way, I think is a rubbish writer especially now that I've read the novel he brought out recently.  But anyway, rubbish or not, Carey demonstrated by his first ever writing of Gambit in X-Men #200 I think that he could do the character justice.  He had flashes of it a few times, like that issue where Gambit, Rogue and Danger are going about stopping riots.  You know?  But I felt like he didn't like Gambit.  He only wanted to use him to make Rogue and Magneto look good.  And that stopped him from actually writing the at least competent Gambit that he COULD have. I don't ever want that again. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »
But then you know...maybe I'm being being a beggar and a chooser, I want a writer to write Gambit because they WANT to.  Not because they got told to.  And not because they hate him and make him want to look bad (seriously got that vibe when Gambit got brought back in AoA to get trolled by Tampax and then die stupidly AGAIN), or because they need more drama with Rogue.  Like, Liu and Asmus and PAD, they wanted the character and wrote him wonderfully.  But hey they didn't sell millions of copies or whatever. 

So Duggan knows how to write Gambit but unless he wants to write Gambit because he likes Gambit, then I don't want him to write Gambit.  Does that make sense?  It's like Carey.  Who, by the way, I think is a rubbish writer especially now that I've read the novel he brought out recently.  But anyway, rubbish or not, Carey demonstrated by his first ever writing of Gambit in X-Men #200 I think that he could do the character justice.  He had flashes of it a few times, like that issue where Gambit, Rogue and Danger are going about stopping riots.  You know?  But I felt like he didn't like Gambit.  He only wanted to use him to make Rogue and Magneto look good.  And that stopped him from actually writing the at least competent Gambit that he COULD have. I don't ever want that again. 

Well... Asmus wants to write Gambit and is hoping that we ask that HE gets to again. Maybe  I didn't make myself clear enough? Campaign the x-office to give Asmus another shot at Gambit. Hopefully with a little more freedom. A little more. Some of his ideas were a bit out there.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

Well... Asmus wants to write Gambit and is hoping that we ask that HE gets to again. Maybe  I didn't make myself clear enough? Campaign the x-office to give Asmus another shot at Gambit. Hopefully with a little more freedom. A little more. Some of his ideas were a bit out there.

I need to admit that I am a little bit afraid of Asmus ideas now after interview that he wanted to make Gambit as bi. But at least he promised not to make Gambit a clon ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:35:32 PM by purplevit »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2016, 01:41:25 PM »

Well... Asmus wants to write Gambit and is hoping that we ask that HE gets to again. Maybe  I didn't make myself clear enough? Campaign the x-office to give Asmus another shot at Gambit. Hopefully with a little more freedom. A little more. Some of his ideas were a bit out there.

Oooohhhhhh okay I get ya. Yes I would be behind that. When did he say this was it a while ago? And what's the best way of going about doing this?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2016, 02:18:01 PM »

Tweeted Asmus and he answered

@JamesAsmus been rereading your #Gambit run, best treatment he's had in years IMO. Any chance you'll be writing him again?

Answer:
Thank you! And lobby the X-office! I'd love to do more with him in any capacity :) :smitten:

This was from last week, I believe?

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2016, 06:43:28 AM »
This was from last week, I believe?

Cool!  Yeah I'd totally be into that! Do it people!

What would you recommend?  Tweeting, email....?  I'm a bit rubbish at this sort of thing. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:45:00 AM by Spoonz »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:43 AM »
Cool!  Yeah I'd totally be into that! Do it people!

What would you recommend?  Tweeting, email....?  I'm a bit rubbish at this sort of thing.  

I'd tweet to make it as  public as possible. Make sure you tag Asmus on it as well. The editor in question is Daniel Ketchum.

@jamesasmus
@danielketchum

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
Done.

@danielketchum So what do we fans have to do to get @JamesAsmus writing Gambit again? We miss both of them keenly! Come back to us, man :)