Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098346 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »
You guys think Greg Pak would write Gambit? I liked the way he handled him in Storm #9 and wouldn't mind him taking him on more long term. Maybe we get his Action Comics artist/co-writer, Aaron Kuder, to join him?

I'm familiar with Pak through the Storm solo. I think he handled him well enough, but my only request is that he want to write him.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2016, 11:42:57 PM »
Quote from: juan678;2079562

Uncanny Avengers #11 Death of X variant cover by Sana Takeda

...what's going on here? I'm about to lose my #$%&.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2016, 02:13:26 AM »
It is just a Death of X variant cover. There are also covers with Jean, Colossus and Nightcrawler deaths.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/see-your-favorite-x-men-die-in-death-of-x-variant-covers

I really like this variant. I love Rogue`s eyes here.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2016, 07:18:15 AM »
It is just a Death of X variant cover. There are also covers with Jean, Colossus and Nightcrawler deaths.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/see-your-favorite-x-men-die-in-death-of-x-variant-covers

I really like this variant. I love Rogue`s eyes here.

Oh ok... wait. You know they all died once, right?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »

Oh ok... wait. You know they all died once, right?

Yeah, but I doubt that we need to worry about this. It is just a variant ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »
They kill off Gambit and I'll be peeved to say the least. I don't care that is "just a variant". Gambit has not been treated well via Uncanny Avengers. This doesn't bode well. And really it looks like a freakin' final prop for Rogue. So that Rogue gets a story and the Gambit fan loses their favorite character.  Yeah, I'm so excited for this. NOT.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:12:41 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2016, 09:16:52 AM »
Yeah Purp, you might be 100% right. The difference is, all the the variants are abstract dipictions of stuff thats actually happened... Gambit has never died in the main universe. What would be the point of teasing this? Unless we start getting variant covers of Beast, Storm, and Iceman dying, I'm going to be a bit concerned here. There's also the fact that Rogue's eyes are red/black as if she imprinted him before dying and shes obviously distraught. That's a lot of story for just a harmless click bait variant. But, again maybe Duggan & Co. are just screwing with us.  ???

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
I sincerely doubt that Duggan even knows about alternative covers or who is doing them.

More covers here:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/06/02/exclusive-x-mens-death-of-x-comes-for-deadpool-cyclops-and-warpa/
http://www.newsarama.com/29188-some-x-men-take-a-dirt-nap-in-death-of-x-variant-covers.html

Warpath is on the cover for New Avengers. Writer of NA may even do not know who Warpath is)
It is just a variant. Gambit and Rogue are on it because they sell.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2016, 10:04:22 AM »
I sincerely doubt that Duggan even knows about alternative covers or who is doing them.

More covers here:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/06/02/exclusive-x-mens-death-of-x-comes-for-deadpool-cyclops-and-warpa/
http://www.newsarama.com/29188-some-x-men-take-a-dirt-nap-in-death-of-x-variant-covers.html

Warpath is on the cover for New Avengers. Writer of NA may even do not know who Warpath is)
It is just a variant. Gambit and Rogue are on it because they sell.

Let's hope so... otherwise I'm going to Expedia.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »
You see this?! It's like we've all been abused so much that we panic at the slightest hint that something bad might happen! You like this, Marvel? You like what you've done to us?!

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
Would have rather seen a Gambit holding a dead Rogue variant cover. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
Would have rather seen a Gambit holding a dead Rogue variant cover. 

Yeah. Because that has far more reasonable doubt and the threat of finality. Rogue is a darling and will probably never be sidelined.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »
Yeah. Because that has far more reasonable doubt and the threat of finality. Rogue is a darling and will probably never be sidelined.

LOL ... that hasn't helped her character much.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
Yeah Purp, you might be 100% right. The difference is, all the the variants are abstract dipictions of stuff thats actually happened... Gambit has never died in the main universe. What would be the point of teasing this? Unless we start getting variant covers of Beast, Storm, and Iceman dying, I'm going to be a bit concerned here. There's also the fact that Rogue's eyes are red/black as if she imprinted him before dying and shes obviously distraught. That's a lot of story for just a harmless click bait variant. But, again maybe Duggan & Co. are just screwing with us.  ???

technically he has, X-treme X-Men 18 he was pulled away from heaven by Rogue

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2016, 05:26:34 PM »
technically he has, X-treme X-Men 18 he was pulled away from heaven by Rogue

I would say he was on his way to heaven or knocking to the heaven's door)