Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098280 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #450 on: August 28, 2016, 06:35:32 PM »
Awesome but it seems you forgot to add link :)

ooops i fixed it

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #451 on: August 28, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
Also I saw a question in other forum and it seems that nobody has answer for it.
Dantay, maybe you can help.

When Nick Fury told that Gambit is one of the best H2H fighters he had ever seen?

as far as i remember the two have only ever interacted once in UXM 362 so it might have been in another book, but i think it was in a booklet, like a case files type deal

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »
as far as i remember the two have only ever interacted once in UXM 362 so it might have been in another book, but i think it was in a booklet, like a case files type deal

Thanks)
If even you don`t know a source of it then it is impossible to find it ;D

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »
I've 100% positive I've read that before but it was a scan so I have no idea what issue or anything.

Was it not the same issue or storyline where Gambit beat Hawkey?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
I've 100% positive I've read that before but it was a scan so I have no idea what issue or anything.

Was it not the same issue or storyline where Gambit beat Hawkey?

freaking Contest of Champions 2 #5 ? i dont think so its been years since i read it though

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »
freaking Contest of Champions 2 #5 ? i dont think so its been years since i read it though

I do not remember Fury to be in Contest of Champions at all.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
I do not remember Fury to be in Contest of Champions at all.

He's not but maybe its another character that say's, Fury said Gambit is one of the best hand to hand fighters

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »
Joining the hunt for this quote, someone on Comicvine brought it up a couple years ago. See comment #28

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/best-hand-to-hand-fighters-in-marvel-earth-757335/
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »
Joining the hunt for this quote, someone on Comicvine brought it up a couple years ago. See comment #28

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/best-hand-to-hand-fighters-in-marvel-earth-757335/

it sounds like something written in a booklet or said by another character

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
i didnt want to start another topic but is anyone playing Marvel Heroes?

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
i didnt want to start another topic but is anyone playing Marvel Heroes?

I played the game in two time periods. First time I choose Daredevil in some selectable heroes and earn Strom by chance. At that time Gambit was unplayable character that sells cards if I remember correctly. Then I got bored and uninstalled it. Second time in somewhere I read that players can get any hero they want and I installed for second time and got Gambit this time. I played the game with Gambit for weeks by in the end I got bored again.

Recently I played Contest of Champions after Gambit introduced. Played for two days got 10 characters and opened two Cajun crystals but non of them were Gambit. I hated that it all depends on luck. Uninstalled and never looked back.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
I played Marvel Heroes but got bored because was earnibg crystals too slow and wasn't able to open Gambit. So I left it.
Can I choose Gambit as first character at the beginning now?

I played Contest of Champions too. Opened 8 Cajun crystals and got no Gambit from it. So I left this game too.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
I played Marvel Heroes but got bored because was earnibg crystals too slow and wasn't able to open Gambit. So I left it.
Can I choose Gambit as first character at the beginning now?

I played Contest of Champions too. Opened 8 Cajun crystals and got no Gambit from it. So I left this game too.

yeah after the first mission you can choose a character to play as once you get to lvl 10 you unlock them and that is your character for the duration unless you buy others needless to say i chose Gambit straight away and never looked back  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »
yeah after the first mission you can choose a character to play as once you get to lvl 10 you unlock them and that is your character for the duration unless you buy others needless to say i chose Gambit straight away and never looked back  :)

Thanks. I may try it again then)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #464 on: September 14, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »
Xmen Origins Tp Gambit is in stories as of 9/14/16. I haven't picked it up yet but I wanted those who like the trades to get their copy.