Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098132 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2017, 10:02:51 AM »
the could be commissions, but if not it looks like he is giving a vile to some woman

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »
Hmm I really don't think they're commissions... he's got his panels outlined on most of the pages and markings for colorists everywhere.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #587 on: January 29, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »
hmm, I don't their commissions either. Could be early art for the Wolverine issue.  Guess we'll see.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
hmm, I don't their commissions either. Could be early art for the Wolverine issue.  Guess we'll see.

ah i think your right, but whats with the beanie hat? it only looked good when Mann did it....i miss his art work

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »
This is definitely something out of a book.  But isn't Gambit going to appear in Uncanny Avengers soon?  And didn't this guy draw him in Uncanny already with that beanie? 

I'd love for Gambit to be in a team again though and, these are quite a few panels.  But I won't get my hopes up. 

Whatever it is, I hope we find out soon.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
Larraz drew the issues that Gambit's appeared in so far. This looks a lot like his art but is by RB Silva.

Fingers crossed he's a rotating artist on Weapon X by Pak and Gambit is the last member. That's my wish for all of this.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #591 on: January 29, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
Looks like art for UA.
I would loove if this art is for Weapon X.

Hat is annoying but art loos good.

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #592 on: January 29, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Larraz drew the issues that Gambit's appeared in so far. This looks a lot like his art but is by RB Silva.

Fingers crossed he's a rotating artist on Weapon X by Pak and Gambit is the last member. That's my wish for all of this.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see some Gambit/Domino or Gambit/Deathstrike action.

Also notice that right after the Gambit drawings is a drawing of Old Man Logan. Makes me hopeful that this isn't for UA.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #593 on: January 29, 2017, 01:56:58 PM »
ohhhh, the last time we saw that hat was in UA. In that silly smoochy thing. hmmm, it could be UA but like the rest I hope for Weapon X and that the hat just plain traveled from one artist to another. Interesting.

The reason I thought Wolverine (laura) .... was because of the vial and the story has something to do with the trigger scent, but I may be wrong.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #594 on: January 29, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
ohhhh, the last time we saw that hat was in UA. In that silly smoochy thing. hmmm, it could be UA but like the rest I hope for Weapon X and that the hat just plain traveled from one artist to another. Interesting.

The reason I thought Wolverine (laura) .... was because of the vial and the story has something to do with the trigger scent, but I may be wrong.

I am sure that this art is not for All-New Wolverine.
Laura's arc with Gambit is ending in 2 issues witch I think are already drawn by other artist.
Kirk is new artist for All-New Wolverine from # 19.

As for UA it could be that editor used scans from UA 9 to show Gambit's current costume. And artist decided to left that cap or thought that it is a part of costume lol

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #595 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:38 PM »
The female character in the one picture looks to be either Rachel or Jean. OR someone else entirely.  But yeah, there is the OML sketch in there also, which makes me think this isn't UA. And there's a Psylocke sketch in there too. So I really don't know lol.

Hoping for Weapon X. Expecting a guest appearance somewhere.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #596 on: January 29, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
The female character in the one picture looks to be either Rachel or Jean. OR someone else entirely.  But yeah, there is the OML sketch in there also, which makes me think this isn't UA. And there's a Psylocke sketch in there too. So I really don't know lol.

Hoping for Weapon X. Expecting a guest appearance somewhere.

I haven't seen Psylocke sketch.
I doubt it is Rachel or Jean. She looms more like some company worker.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #597 on: January 29, 2017, 02:56:47 PM »
I said it on CBR (I swear they lockup or delete one more post I'm done there. If I wanted to live in facist state I'd live in America... Wait a minute), if this an any clue that Gambit may be in Weapon-X, I wonder which one it will be. The clumsy push over that throws firecrackers or the guy that's taken down Super Skrulls, Wolverine, Sabertooth, GLADIATOR and took on the whole Starjammer crew solo?

Pak is writing and he did do an OK job with him during Storm's book, but people tend to lean when they have more than one toy. I have to admit. As much as I love Gambit, he hasn't been calibur of character he started out as.

forgot to add "Gladiator" to his list
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:31:19 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #598 on: January 29, 2017, 03:25:29 PM »
I haven't seen Psylocke sketch.
I doubt it is Rachel or Jean. She looms more like some company worker.

Definitely not Rachel because it doesn't match her new Prestige look.

It honestly doesn't look like any particular character and the scene doesn't look like it would fit in any of the known X-books. I'm about ready to say it's nothing and the artist is just drawing stuff in his off-time. Even if it is more elaborate than a simple sketch.

I said it on CBR (I swear they lockup or delete one more post I'm done there. If I wanted to live in facist state I'd live in America... Wait a minute), if this an any clue that Gambit may be in Weapon-X, I wonder which one it will be. The clumsy push over that throws firecrackers or the guy that's taken down Super Skrulls, Wolverine, Sabertooth and took on the whole Starjammer crew solo?

Pak is writing and he did do an OK job with him during Storm's book, but people tend to lean when they have more than one toy. I have to admit. As much as I love Gambit, he hasn't been calibur of character he started out as.

Looks OK to me:

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #599 on: January 29, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »
Cannon fodder foot soldiers Don't count. We got plenty of that in the Asmus solo, mostly because he (Asmus) was denied access to like everyone outside of c-list non X-Men villains and HYDRA Nazi zombies. I say they are this because they seem to have matching battlesuits and their heads aren't displayed. Cannon fodder.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony