Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098175 times)

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #630 on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:30 AM »
It could be because I am out of touch with modern comics but I really enjoyed Gambit's appearance in All New X-Men. Though with all of the 'darlin', 'petite' and such, it felt like his last line should have been him using her name. He didn't really do much, which kind of makes sense. When you have a friend that is par excellence in an activity, sometimes it is enjoyable to watch them work. It is also a bit of a relief because it never seems that any writers really think about what Master Thief means and so Remy can feel underwhelming at times.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #631 on: February 02, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #632 on: February 02, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »
Nice! I plan on picking it up. Its nice to see Gambit in the arc. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
Actually looking forward to the Wolverine appearance. Looks good. Not too enthused about the art style and his coat is way too short, but art and Marvel, especially non-Bendis X-Men, dont really go together these days. It's like they try to find ways to save money, and the easiest way is not keep the better artist on payroll.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #634 on: February 03, 2017, 03:26:45 AM »
Hmmm. No one mentioned that when Gambit had blowed up the entire floor he also blowed up X into pieces?
With 1 single card! Finally his cards are grenades like they are supposed to be.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #635 on: February 03, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »
Another drawn piece from Silva

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #636 on: February 03, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
Also from net it seems that Gambit movie finally has found a new director.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #637 on: February 03, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »
Where is everybody seeing the director news? I figured CBM or Bleeding Cool would have had something but... nada.
Who Dat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1702/02/allnewwolverine17.htm

All-New X-Men 17 Preview with Gambit :gambit:

Bah got my hopes up, thinking he was showing up in X-Men

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2017, 05:14:28 AM »
Where is everybody seeing the director news? I figured CBM or Bleeding Cool would have had something but... nada.

It is a twitt news thst I found in different place

Shawn Madden ‏@shawnxmadden
Don't have a name but had a third source tell me a certain project has found a new director.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=522817&page=7

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #640 on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:35 AM »
this could have been interesting, the latest Comic Legends: Did Morrison want to kill Rogue? http://www.cbr.com/x-men-rogue-grant-morrison/

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #641 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »
It is a twitt news thst I found in different place

Shawn Madden ‏@shawnxmadden
Don't have a name but had a third source tell me a certain project has found a new director.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=522817&page=7

Ah okay, thank you!

Super hero movies like this one are kinda risky when looking for a director. Because the movie can either be a passion project and the director will take it seriously and it'll be great, or they'll just be looking to cash in on a super hero film and it'll be poopy.
Who Dat

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #642 on: February 04, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »
Hmm...so I guess the real question now is, who is Sean Madden and is he reliable?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #643 on: February 05, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
Ah okay, thank you!

Super hero movies like this one are kinda risky when looking for a director. Because the movie can either be a passion project and the director will take it seriously and it'll be great, or they'll just be looking to cash in on a super hero film and it'll be poopy.

Only way for a passion project to work is to have a producer, star and director on the same page. Typically one person has two of the aforementioned titles which cuts down on the interference, but it's not looking like this. Channing is a producer but not the executive producer. He's also not made any mention of it in almost a year now? No bueno.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #644 on: February 05, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »
Only way for a passion project to work is to have a producer, star and director on the same page. Typically one person has two of the aforementioned titles which cuts down on the interference, but it's not looking like this. Channing is a producer but not the executive producer. He's also not made any mention of it in almost a year now? No bueno.

It is not like anyone asked him and he refused to answer.