Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098531 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #720 on: February 20, 2017, 06:13:25 AM »
Syaf posted on facebook Pencil version for X-Men Gold #4 cover

https://ru-ru.facebook.com/326751577361979/photos/1222980004405794/

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #721 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
Wow I actually think something was lost when they put the colours in!

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #722 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »
I'm really starting to doubt if Gambit will ever appear in a film. Everything is too vague... Is the solo film definitely cancelled or.... what's happening?

I must admit I haven't really been following news about it, due to other things demanding my attention, so maybe you can fill me in here...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #723 on: February 21, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »
Because we have no news so far.

We had very very dubious rumours that FOX had find new director and mybe it is Frank Darabont.

Not long ago producer has told that project is not dead and Tatum is still attached.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #724 on: February 21, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
The chances of getting a Gambit solo actually improved with the success of Logan. Well, at least critical success. More opportunities, less pressure to succeed because they will have a better road map. I just hope they don't try to replicate what's been done and let whomever they find to craft their own movie.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #725 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
X-MEN: GOLD #4

Marc Guggenheim (W), R.B. Silva (A), cover by Ardian Syaf (C).

* Mutantkind's dearest delinquent is back!

* Gambit is up to his old tricks -- namely, getting in over his head...

* But will the X-Men be able to pull their prodigal prowler out of the fire when things finally get too hot for the ragin' Cajun?

32 pages, $3.99.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1702/21/marvelmay.htm

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #726 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
The whole solitics for issue is about Gambit. Not like X-Men bla bla.. Guest starring Gambit.

Damn, I hope he will join team!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #727 on: February 21, 2017, 10:24:44 AM »
I hope to get that cover .....It may be hard to get .... Anyway ... looking forward to this issue.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #728 on: February 21, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »
Hopefully the trouble he runs into is trouble worthy of the X-Men coming to get him out of it. I really hope it's not something he should be able to get out of himself.  But I'll keep a hopeful, positive attitude about it. 
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #729 on: February 21, 2017, 01:44:41 PM »
The chances of getting a Gambit solo actually improved with the success of Logan. Well, at least critical success. More opportunities, less pressure to succeed because they will have a better road map. I just hope they don't try to replicate what's been done and let whomever they find to craft their own movie.

It seem New Mutants and Deadpool 2 both will start shooting in May. A lot of rumours that Apocalypse sequel will start filming this summer. So these 3 movies are taking  3 X slots for 2018.

So if Gambit will ever be made it seems we won't see it earlier then the beginning of 2019.

Would love to see Gambit in X team movie but not excited to see him in past with X kids.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #730 on: February 21, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »
I hope to get that cover .....It may be hard to get .... Anyway ... looking forward to this issue.

I'm not... this screams "I'm Gambit, and I cant take care of myself" The villain disregarding Gambit's card and the picture of him being blown back is starting to make more sense. You'd think someone that writes on Arrow would appreciate a more visceral character like Gambit, seeing as he doesn't have one on his current cast. I disqualify Nightcrawler because of his personality and Wolverine due to him being ... old.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:48:08 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #731 on: February 21, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »
I'm not... this screams "I'm Gambit, and I cant take care of myself" The villain disregarding Gambit's card and the picture of him being blown back is starting to make more sense. You'd think someone that writes on Arrow would appreciate a more visceral character like Gambit, seeing as he doesn't have one on his current cast. I disqualify Nightcrawler because of his personality and Wolverine due to him being ... old.

You need to calm down, mang. Those are two different books and writers you're combining into one "this solicit means this writer thinks Gambit sucks" meltdown. Tranquilo.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #732 on: February 21, 2017, 04:16:05 PM »
You need to calm down, mang. Those are two different books and writers you're combining into one "this solicit means this writer thinks Gambit sucks" meltdown. Tranquilo.

...how do we know they are two different books? Both were in Black and white, and I don't Silva (both off of his IG) has specified that.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #733 on: February 21, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »
Villain who caught Gambit's card is from previews for All New Wolverine 18.

Gambit already did huge explosions in it.
And he definetely wasn't trying to blow soldiers into pices. And Gambit was throwing it into them

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #734 on: February 21, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »
As for pic for being blowing back - it is normal if it is not the end of fight :)