Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098110 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #810 on: March 02, 2017, 09:22:12 PM »
Like most writers ... they say things but either don't follow through or can't via editorial. Who knows. LOL

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #811 on: March 02, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »
Yeah I remember him saying that too. Real shocker it didn't happen  :crazy2:

You can't take anything a writer says these days with out a grain of salt. You never know what their endgame is. It's pretty annoying. That's why Asmus was so awesome.. he was always honest and upfront with us.
Who Dat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #812 on: March 04, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #813 on: March 04, 2017, 10:18:38 PM »
Why does every website neeed to be a slideshow now? So effing annoying.

Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #814 on: March 04, 2017, 11:55:38 PM »
Why does every website neeed to be a slideshow now? So effing annoying.

No kidding!!! Have the time, as soon as I see it and have to go through click bait type settings to see the rest or tell it .. give me the whole story, I'm too tired to bother it anymore. Enough is enough with this stuff. :)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #815 on: March 04, 2017, 11:58:38 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/gambit-15-ways-to-make-a-good-movie/ fluff

I do like their idea of Sinister and Gambit as mentor and unwilling protege.  It would be kind of cool if they built a Gambit franchise around Sinister being his long term antagonist as it would give it something a lot of the other X-men films don't have.  I suppose you could say Charles vs Magneto but Magneto flirts with being good too much whereas this would be more of a pure good vs evil with the evil continually pushing Gambit into bad decisions.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #816 on: March 05, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »
http://www.cbr.com/gambit-15-ways-to-make-a-good-movie/ fluff

That was a fun read! The Sinister angle seems like it would be the most rewarding for Fox, story wise. It would give them a chance to present a schemer and experimenter whose depravity surpasses, from the movies, Stryker's.

It would be pretty awesome if they went for a cleverness and not just persistence in a hero. They could do something like having the Thirty Six Stratagems as the basis of Remy's action, revealing it at the end sort of like Ocean's 11; a quick series of scenes showing the prior reckless actions, that Gambit is prone to, all had a purpose. If they have the book in the original Chinese, they have a quick way of showing two different characters took the time to learn another language; Gambit and whomever reads it. Which would be a cool way to introduce another of the X-Men.

I do like their idea of Sinister and Gambit as mentor and unwilling protege.  It would be kind of cool if they built a Gambit franchise around Sinister being his long term antagonist as it would give it something a lot of the other X-men films don't have.  I suppose you could say Charles vs Magneto but Magneto flirts with being good too much whereas this would be more of a pure good vs evil with the evil continually pushing Gambit into bad decisions.

This would also be a chance to portray it as the deeply flawed, all too human character vs evil

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #817 on: March 05, 2017, 03:15:13 AM »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #818 on: March 05, 2017, 07:49:21 AM »
No kidding!!! Have the time, as soon as I see it and have to go through click bait type settings to see the rest or tell it .. give me the whole story, I'm too tired to bother it anymore. Enough is enough with this stuff. :)

I seriously have no patience for it lol.

Having said that, it's  a good "15 ways" for a Gambit movie haha.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #819 on: March 05, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
I do like their idea of Sinister and Gambit as mentor and unwilling protege.  It would be kind of cool if they built a Gambit franchise around Sinister being his long term antagonist as it would give it something a lot of the other X-men films don't have.  I suppose you could say Charles vs Magneto but Magneto flirts with being good too much whereas this would be more of a pure good vs evil with the evil continually pushing Gambit into bad decisions.

I think the writer of the article has been lurking around here the CBR Gambit thread. Too many similar ideas. But it was oddly positive for CBR written Gambit-piece. I kept waiting for "but... " part that often accompanies adulation of the character.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:33:46 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #820 on: March 05, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »
I'm still just surprised it isn't Brett White that wrote it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #821 on: March 05, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »
I'm still just surprised it isn't Brett White that wrote it.

Me too!

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #822 on: March 05, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
I think I mentioned it before, but I've always thought Sinister would be a good addition to a Gambit solo film. IF executed well of course. :)
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »
There are a lot of relationships with big name characters that Gambit has that could work well in the movies... and help add some recognizable faces/characters as well.
Who Dat

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
I think they have to be careful not to put in too many characters and relationships in one film. There is so much material to work with that it's hard to lose sight and make it a mess. I'd go for the Sinister story with flashbacks of his history with his family and the guilds. And that leading into a new story in a sequel, tying in with the X-Men.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting