Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098126 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #825 on: March 05, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
I think they have to be careful not to put in too many characters and relationships in one film. There is so much material to work with that it's hard to lose sight and make it a mess. I'd go for the Sinister story with flashbacks of his history with his family and the guilds. And that leading into a new story in a sequel, tying in with the X-Men.

Of course. The Spider-Man movies have fallen victim to that time and time again. But if we got like.. Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth in one or two movies. And then someone like Brosnan (only because of speculation am I using his name) as Sinister in one or two movies with only a little overlap.. It would help promote the movie for sure.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #826 on: March 05, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »
Surprising coming from CBR. LOL Lots of ideas to work with .... I agree ... keep it simple ... take a concept and work with it. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #827 on: March 06, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
I think they have to be careful not to put in too many characters and relationships in one film. There is so much material to work with that it's hard to lose sight and make it a mess. I'd go for the Sinister story with flashbacks of his history with his family and the guilds. And that leading into a new story in a sequel, tying in with the X-Men.

I always thought Sinister should have been the X-Mens Nick Fury/ Agent Coleson, in that he's what links all the movies together. A good villain can be resilient, never really defeated or perhaps never really even engaged. Essex could have been behind the scenes pulling strings and even when having to enter the fray, not just end up "defeated". Mutants being what they were in the Fox universe, barely known until First Class, it would have fit for him be a shadow figure manipulating a group of people that don't really exist.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #828 on: March 06, 2017, 05:38:56 PM »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #829 on: March 06, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
I think it is Gambit on right down corner.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/status/838876353743175680/photo/1

Deadpool or Fantom X trench coat could belong to X on the right maybe Bishop or Cable on the left

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #830 on: March 06, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
It seems Cable on right up, Psylocke with sword on right down, Deadpool on right up,
some female character on right middle and Gambit on right down.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #831 on: March 06, 2017, 07:02:36 PM »
bottom right looks like a gun, could it be Rocket Racoon?

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #832 on: March 06, 2017, 07:31:36 PM »
Seriously seriously seriously hoping Cable, Deadpool, and Gambit will be joing OML in this.  I couldn't ask for anything more. I mean I could.. but this would make me not bother asking anymore.
Who Dat

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #833 on: March 06, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
It seems Cable on right up, Psylocke with sword on right down, Deadpool on right up,
some female character on right middle and Gambit on right down.

I will say similar, Psylocke on left with katana, Gambit on right with staff, Big Gun Guy Cable or Bishop on top left, somebody can be in the middle and on top left hope that it is Deadpool not Fantomex. That is my paint work that describes my thoughts:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #834 on: March 06, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »
I will say similar, Psylocke on left with katana, Gambit on right with staff, Big Gun Guy Cable or Bishop on top left, somebody can be in the middle and on top left hope that it is Deadpool not Fantomex. That is my paint work that describes my thoughts:

Lol at no fantomax painting)
Reallly hoping for Deadpool! Such team would rock!

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #835 on: March 06, 2017, 08:08:11 PM »
Lol... No fantomex pls. That made me chuckle. Fantomex being in this over Wade would make me very sad.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #836 on: March 06, 2017, 10:47:37 PM »
Lol... No fantomex pls. That made me chuckle. Fantomex being in this over Wade would make me very sad.

But I think it's likely, at the same time it very much is a Deadpool pose. Him just waving a gun in the air makes sense for him lol... But it looks like shoulder pads, possibly a coat. The shadow on the bottom left has a point on it... To not a sword.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #837 on: March 06, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
But I think it's likely, at the same time it very much is a Deadpool pose. Him just waving a gun in the air makes sense for him lol... But it looks like shoulder pads, possibly a coat. The shadow on the bottom left has a point on it... To not a sword.

I think it's likely too and the no sword handles behind his head makes me worried. And the shoulder pads do seem weird.
Who Dat

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2017, 03:07:05 AM »
I'm so very bad at these! How certain are you guys? This has happened before and it turned out to not be Gambit.

BUT this is coming in June and didn't that editor tease Gambit in the summer? If it's not fantowhatever behind him then this would be an awesome team for him to appear on!

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2017, 03:59:11 AM »
I think it's likely too and the no sword handles behind his head makes me worried. And the shoulder pads do seem weird.

I hope that those weird shoulder pads are just sword handles that blanks filled with black just like Gambit?'s staff and Psylocke?'s katana.