Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098544 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #870 on: March 09, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »
Here is some info.

Astonishing Xmen:

https://news.marvel.com/comics/61191/writer-charles-soule-headlines-astonishing-x-men/

What a combo .... Fantomex, Mystique and Rogue ... in a book with Gambit .... *smh*  Yikes this could be bad.

Charles Soule is writing it.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #871 on: March 09, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
ha Bishop and Gambit together again though  :D

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #872 on: March 09, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
True ... and its not an awful line either. I actually like several of the team members.

Gambit (of course)
Psylocke
Bishop
Archangel
OML (would prefer the one I like the best - but .... on the other hand) - the jokes Gambit may make could be hilarious.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #874 on: March 09, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »
True ... and its not an awful line either. I actually like several of the team members.

Gambit (of course)
Psylocke
Bishop
Archangel
OML (would prefer the one I like the best - but .... on the other hand) - the jokes Gambit may make could be hilarious.

I'm really excited about this cast... except for Fantomex and Mystique. But the fact that we have 4 stealth-based characters, 5 if you count OML, kinda shows where this may be headed. Soule can hit or miss, big miss if you count IvX, I just hope he can juggle a cast this size. No character her is a "support" type. They are all frontline action.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #875 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
That link isn't working Dantay. :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:41:59 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #876 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:30 PM »
Fantomex noooooo!  Dude sounds like a feminine hygiene product!

I have mixed feelings.  Some of this cast is balls out awesome, some of it really isn't.  I'm looking at you, Fantotampax and Mystique. 

But if we're lucky then we get some cool Gambit and Bishop interaction, or Gambit and Betsy.  I really hope this writer is down with his character research because Gambit and Bishop especially have awesome history together. 

Anyway, I've only read the first line of that Marvel article and it's like "the hardest hitting mutants!" and we're sitting here with freakin' Mystique and Fantomex!!!  Lies, I tell ya. 

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #877 on: March 09, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »
I don't like that writer. He was the creator of Daredevil's sidekick, comperes terrigen clouds to peanut allergies and prefer Inhumans to X-Men in a Marvel video.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #878 on: March 09, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
Not a fan of Soule but who knows maybe he will surprise me in a good way with hid Gambit.

Soule told on twiiter then it is more a cast on cover then team.

Then I hope that Mistique and Fanto are not part of team.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #879 on: March 09, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
He's also saying that he's not really sticking to continuity.  Oh dear. 

And that this is a 'cast' not a team.  I guess they'll have separate stories and stuff, kind of like what Game of Thrones does. 

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #880 on: March 09, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
Between the potential Psylocke/Archangel/Fantomex and Rogue/Mystique/Gambit melodrama, this book could be an absolute disaster.

This would have been much better if Weapon X and this book were merged into one with the cast being Old Man Logan, Psylocke, Gambit, Domino, Bishop, Archangel and Lady Deathstrike.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #881 on: March 09, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »
That link isn't working Dantay. :)

google James Cheung art and go to image, itll pop up

or https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fe/f7/08/fef708446703b2096b1a541ae2a32fa1.jpg might work

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #882 on: March 09, 2017, 04:35:22 PM »
Between the potential Psylocke/Archangel/Fantomex and Rogue/Mystique/Gambit melodrama, this book could be an absolute disaster.

This would have been much better if Weapon X and this book were merged into one with the cast being Old Man Logan, Psylocke, Gambit, Domino, Bishop, Archangel and Lady Deathstrike.

Agreed on the disaster stuff. That stuff holds no appeal. Not sure how it will be handled, we'll be able to tell with first issue.

He's also saying that he's not really sticking to continuity.  Oh dear.  

And that this is a 'cast' not a team.  I guess they'll have separate stories and stuff, kind of like what Game of Thrones does.  

Agreed. I suppose it could be okay but .... that means not all of the issues will be needed imo because I'm not going to buy story about a "cast" I'm not vested in. :)

Marvel continuing to be a TV for print ... LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #883 on: March 09, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »
Soule told book won't doubleship

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #884 on: March 09, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
Soule told book won't doubleship

I think this is going to work in the book's favor to be completely honest.

I do like the cast, overall. I'm not going to harp on Deadpool not being in the book anymore, although it seriously bums me out. With Soule writing, who I also like and can look past IvX because I've enjoyed far more books from him than disliked.

I'm excited to be reading Gambit in an ongoing series again and I'm excited he's with OML and Psylocke especially.
Who Dat