Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098428 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #930 on: March 21, 2017, 05:30:24 PM »
All they are solicated for next Secret Empire arc.
Noone would die. Maybe some student

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #931 on: March 21, 2017, 05:41:10 PM »
The solicit for Gold #6 says a member of the team may die. I don't want to get my/anybody's hopes up for Gambit appearing after this arc, but maybe he replaces the the team member that dies if that happens?

If a team member does indeed die, who do you think it would be? Not Kitty as she's the new face of the X-Men/mutants. Gambit and Old Man Logan are safe in Astonishing. Kurt died not that long ago so it might be too soon again. I don't think it would be Rachel since it would be pointless to bring back a character, redesign her and give her a new codename just to kill her off in two months. That leaves Storm and Colossus. Poor Piotr would be my guess. Gotta have some drama for the new leader of the X-Men by killing off one of the most important people to her.

no one will die its a marketing ploy like nothing will ever be the same again and we get the exact same sh1t

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #932 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »
Fantomex :) Replace with Deadpool  :P

Seriously though, no one will actually die. Marvel will try to pull the wool over our eyes once again and fake something or make something shocking but it won't work.
Who Dat

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #933 on: March 21, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »
All they are solicated for next Secret Empire arc.
Noone would die. Maybe some student

no one will die its a marketing ploy like nothing will ever be the same again and we get the exact same sh1t

You guys are boring. It's a hypothetical question to bring some life to the forum since it's completely dead at times. I'm not looking for reality.  :P

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #934 on: March 21, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »
well Storm is the only one who hasnt died so her

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #935 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:11 AM »
You guys are boring. It's a hypothetical question to bring some life to the forum since it's completely dead at times. I'm not looking for reality.  :P

;D Kill Rachel Grey then. I have zero interest in her

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #936 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
;D Kill Rachel Grey then. I have zero interest in her

There exists a vein of characters who are or should mainstream characters but are ignored for the same 10 characters. Rachel is such a character and does not need to die. Even when in main titles and marketed as a team member, she's barely used. You want someone to die? Let's look at: Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler (again lol), Wolverine (X-23), OML, Shadowkat, Magik, Psylocke, Emma, any of the O5, Magneto. Characters like Rachel, Northstar, Bishop, Polaris, Havok, Chamber, Frenzy, Armor, Gambit, Sage, Warpath, any of the New X-Men, Forge etc need as much panel time as possible.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #937 on: March 22, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
I wasn`t saying about her panel time. Just never was interested in her as character

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #938 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:49:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
Article on CBR:

http://www.cbr.com/gambit-cyclops-mister-sinister-chris-claremont-clone/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

Gambit was never intended to be a clone of Cyke. LOL

The rest of the article is odd.

I dunno, Claremont originally wanted him to be villain. Making him a clone would also open the door to villainy as he would be expendable. He did make Gambit a clone of sorts in "The End". He wasn't a clone of Cyclops, but of Sinister with Summers DNA derived from Cyclops mixed into his genome, to facilitate the ability to control vast  amounts of power or energy. That mini, how off the wall it was, or wasnt, is the how the X-Men would come to it's end through the eyes of Claremont... I thought it was good and tragic story as long as you didn't let yourself get too wrapped into "should" and "should nots".
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #940 on: March 28, 2017, 03:56:52 AM »
CHARLES SOULE LAYS OUT HIS ASTONISHING MUTANT LANDSCAPE

https://news.marvel.com/comics/62313/charles-soule-lays-astonishing-mutant-landscape/

Nothing new really.

Charles Soule: I’ve said this before, but this book doesn’t have a team. It has a cast. It doesn’t have a leader, either. It’s like a novel, or a film, or a TV series. There are characters who are more or less prominent from scene to scene, but this isn’t a story about superheroes coming together with a shared goal to fight bad guys, with a base, and cool coordinated costumes and so on. This is a bunch of flawed, extremely powerful individuals who find themselves in the same place at the same time as something very intense and potentially world-ending happens. Then, we see what they do next. It’s a pretty cool ride, I think.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:25:30 AM by purplevit »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #941 on: March 28, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
Man... maybe if Astonishing turns out the way it sounds, with all these different artists and smaller stories, I WILL read Gold if Gambit sticks around there. I'll take continuity over what Soule's been describing any day.
Who Dat

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #942 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »
What Soule is describing could bite him with this book. Conceptually, sounds different than the usual story telling in a Marvel book.

Fans are fickle, they are fickle with TV shows too. I hope he realizes that.

Even in shows with large ensembles, you've got to give the fans something. Those shows do that, they make sure all the plot lines get some attention while driving the overall main plot. If he does by arc and not split or move the other story along ... he's only going to get fans for that group of "actors" for his story.

Basically, he's going to have to split his 20 pages to keep everybody sort of happy with this cast. Not that it can't be done, A+X was able to pull that off. Splitting the pages seems to me the way to go. Splitting would also explain so many artists to get the book out on time.

We won't know until the first issue is out, previews won't help in this case.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #943 on: March 28, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »
We still know nothing about book really. Need more information.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #944 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
So... A satellite book. A collection of short stories with a revolving cast, no true focus, that will probably have no bearing on the outside world and is only slightly steeped in continuity. This could be interesting or extremely pretentious.

I can see why telling us any information could be... precocious. I don't think there will any real arcs but a single story being told over an unforseen measure of time. A synopsis of the book would be confusing and probably have 3 to 4 plot points. This could be good or a huge cluster @#_$ of characters acting unlike themselves for the sake of a story.

Trying to summarize the book would be like giving someone of synopsis of Game of Thrones or 90210. There are like 7 to 10 characters all doing different things but heading in the same direction, more or less. Some stories matter more than others but it's all relevant.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:23:24 PM by DonPriceTag »