Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098251 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »
looks more like a bandana

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »
Oh good grief he looks middle aged! Gambit the Agin' Cajun, am I right?

Seriously though how hard is it to draw him with less lumpy, wrinkly skin.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #992 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:26 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/the-shadow-king-returns-as-x-mens-resurrxion-races-on/

so Astonishing will be dealing with Shadow King, and in Gold The series second three-part arc will be called “Techno Superior” and be drawn by drawn by RB Silva. “Poor Gambit gets involved in this heist…and the heist goes very much awry,” said Guggenheim. “Two technologies that should not end up together end up together. You’ll see Sentinel inspired Artificial Intelligence combined with nanotechnology.” hmmm maybe Nil will be involved?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #993 on: April 21, 2017, 05:56:03 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #994 on: April 21, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Shadow King will be a great opportunity to bring back Gambit's telepathy resistance.

More previews for Astonishing with Psylocke and Rogue

www.newsarama.com/34184-shadow-king-returning-to-marvel-comics-in-a-big-way.html

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #995 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #996 on: April 21, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »
Thinking too deep Purp ... too deep. 20 pages of content and most for Gambit is to show how he's in over his head yet again. I'm skeptical. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #997 on: April 21, 2017, 06:55:15 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/the-shadow-king-returns-as-x-mens-resurrxion-races-on/

so Astonishing will be dealing with Shadow King, and in Gold The series second three-part arc will be called “Techno Superior” and be drawn by drawn by RB Silva. “Poor Gambit gets involved in this heist…and the heist goes very much awry,” said Guggenheim. “Two technologies that should not end up together end up together. You’ll see Sentinel inspired Artificial Intelligence combined with nanotechnology.” hmmm maybe Nil will be involved?

It would be cool if Nil would appear.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #998 on: April 21, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »
Thinking too deep Purp ... too deep. 20 pages of content and most for Gambit is to show how he's in over his head yet again. I'm skeptical. :)

I will wait an see but I like what books Guggenheim had choosed:)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #999 on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »
Guggenheim in Gold: An upcoming story features Gambit botching a heist which leads to the accidental creation of nanotech Sentinels. "It's gonna push the X-Men to their limits - especially Rachel."

Soule said Gambit and Fantomex will have a "buddy thieves" dynamic.

www.newsarama.com/34165-c2e2-2017-marvel-s-resurrxion-panel.html

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1000 on: April 22, 2017, 10:31:46 PM »
It would be cool if Nil would appear.

That's makes more sense, Nil screwing up, Gambit tries to fix it and then turns to his friends once he sees he needs help. Or Fantomex, the more novice thief screws up, Gambit being the head of the guild is told of it, decides to get involved and then seeks the X-Men out for help. Yeah both of these make more sense than Gambit just screwing up... Again.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1001 on: April 22, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »
That's makes more sense, Nil screwing up, Gambit tries to fix it and then turns to his friends once he sees he needs help. Or Fantomex, the more novice thief screws up, Gambit being the head of the guild is told of it, decides to get involved and then seeks the X-Men out for help. Yeah both of these make more sense than Gambit just screwing up... Again.
Fantomex isnt going to be part of Gold though i hope

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1002 on: April 22, 2017, 11:49:09 PM »
Fantomex isnt going to be part of Gold though i hope

At this point I'm jus mixing things up in my head to make me feel better... Still a better idea than "Gambit @#$#&@ again doing one of only two things he supposed to do right in the entire world" but Mark Guggenheim knowing who Nil is would be asking too much. You know, with continuity lite approach and all. 100% he has no idea who he is.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1003 on: April 23, 2017, 07:11:41 AM »
Yeah I'm getting pretty sick of writers making Gambit out to be some incompetent idiot.  He's supposed to be the King of Thieves but yeah, I guess a heist is just too much for him. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1004 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
The sad thing is, it's obvious that various writers and editors visit the forums of several large websites such as CBR (and even here!). Between that, twitter and conventions, they know Gambit has fans and they want to see him... I don't think they quite grasp the fact that we'd like to see him not be a loser all the time. In his last 4 appearances in the role of "thief", he's either needed help, or just completely botched whatever he was doing;

ANXF: Wolverine catches him and berates him
Storm: Needs her help (probably the only acceptable feature, though he was a bit clumsy and ill-informed)
UA: Rogue somehow finds him with Hamburgler's cousin, doing some low-level ish and then busts him for it.
X-Men Gold: Now he screws up another heist and needs help fixing it?

Not sure if we can count what we saw during ... what the heck was that last nonsense event? Civil War II! Still not sure if was there to counter Fantomex or do what Fantomex was sent to do? I guess he won that, if not somewhat clumsily.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:05:17 AM by DonPriceTag »