Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098212 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1170 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
lol. The funny thing about it, its rooted in something noble. I'm not among the majority demo for comics (black, Jamaican/Bahamian-American), I get what some would like to see. Problem comes when those same people feel entitled, or even worse, the need to champion that entitlement in the name of others, most who aren't even asking for it. Another killer are the types who just want to use this medium and platform as a way to make noise, but don't truly have any interest in it. In turn the comic companies take these types, give them influence of the books by either letting them write, edit or conform to their wishes in hopes of tapping into the crowd. A crowd that doesn't buy/read comics for extended periods of time. All the while alienating their core audience and giving new readers a false impression of what the books are supposed to be about.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:20:56 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1171 on: August 07, 2017, 06:32:20 PM »
I see a topic or new thread .... LOL

Ew don't tell me we have one of those gross Redpill types here!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1172 on: August 08, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »

LOL, I dunno. I have no idea what your statement means.  :D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1173 on: August 08, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »

Surely, you meant to say "bluepill". Those that wish to stay in their safe cocoons of illusion and security.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1174 on: August 08, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »

Surely, you meant to say "bluepill". Those that wish to stay in their safe cocoons of illusion and security.

Mmmnope, that comments cements you as pretty clearly Redpill. Ugh, I think I need a shower now, I feel violated. Neko, is there a way to block other users? Also what I meant by Redpill is he gets off on manipulating and abusing women because he thinks women are inferior and irrational creatures whose emotions cloud all judgement. It's disgusting and scary and I feel bad for any woman who might have to deal with him offline.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:29:49 PM by Sheba »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1175 on: August 08, 2017, 10:32:47 PM »
At this point, I'm confused. I don't know how the thread got into the "redpill, bluepill" thing ... my sincere apologies for any misunderstandings.
----
Moving thread forward -
__

In my mind's eye ... Gambit's BD is on Aug 20th ... I picked that date because back then I think the release date of the Mackie mini was listed then.

I think we should do some art thing or whatever ... post an appreciation celebrating his birth as it were. What do you want to do?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:49:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1176 on: August 09, 2017, 01:03:40 AM »
Hmmm, I think they are just coming from different reference points.

DonPriceTag is making a Matrix joke and Sheba is making a Reddit reference. Probably. Definitely something lost in translation though.

A commemoration for Gambit's unofficial birthday, that does sound interesting. I am not artistically inclined, so I will cheer from the sidelines.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1177 on: August 09, 2017, 09:36:02 AM »
I thought the whole pill thing was a Matrix reference too but from how Sheba responded I must not understand.

Hey Neko, did Uncanny X-Men #266 come out the 20th? Seems like that should be the date no?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1178 on: August 09, 2017, 09:57:02 AM »
I thought the whole pill thing was a Matrix reference too but from how Sheba responded I must not understand.

Hey Neko, did Uncanny X-Men #266 come out the 20th? Seems like that should be the date no?

I think it did, which is why I picked the 20th. I wrote it down somewhere and that date is stuck in my head. I just pick it now for his anniversary. :) (Which means I'm confusing #266 with Mackie's mini.) LOL

I meant UXM #266, you are correct sir.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:58:39 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1179 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:59 PM »
That wasn't a Matrix joke..? I have absolutely no idea what's going on?

I wasn't aware of red and blue pills existing outside of a Matrix reference...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:00:01 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1180 on: August 09, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
Neko, is there a way to block other users?

modify profile
buddy/ignore list
edit ignore list
type in user you wish to ignore.

You will no longer see their posts unless you decide to see the post.

____

Moving thread forward.

I think for Gambit anniversary, we could post quick fics or pics we find.  ;D

Not sure if you know about AO3 .... Archive of Our Own ... has a lot of fics, the Xmen section is kind of thin but sometimes there is stories there, that are not on fanfiction.net

I know we've got a few who love fanfic. Gambit doesn't have his own section or anything on AO3.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:27:45 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1181 on: August 09, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
Guys I am so very lost.  ;D  Don made a reference to the Matrix and now he's a scumbag?

Anyway, when's the new Astonishing out? You all looking forward to it or are we still sceptical?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1182 on: August 09, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
I am still skeptical but plan on buying it.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #1183 on: August 09, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
It looked like the Deadpool vs. Marvel issue that came out today featured the X-Men. Anyone pick it up? Just curious if Gambit made that issue.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1184 on: August 09, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
I never checked today, maybe someone else has .... I'll look around and see if there is any info. :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:48:29 PM by Nekobaghira »