Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098506 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1275 on: December 13, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
Nightcrawler doing double duty, a brand new character, Namor and two Wolverine clones... I don't get this roster. This book better be good.

All I have to say about this is that the Injustice comic wouldn’t be as successful as it is if weren’t for Tom Taylor. There’s a reason DC brought him back for Injustice 2 after someone else took over for the last two years.

The guy is an underrated writer who’s only just now getting the recognition he deserves.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1276 on: December 13, 2017, 05:09:38 AM »
Taylor`s Gambit in All-New Wolverine was good. Not a big role but I liked it.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1277 on: December 13, 2017, 08:25:13 AM »
Can't say that I'm super-excited for X-Men Red. Pretty lame roster. But I am glad Gambit will be in another book. Hopefully they do something interesting.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1278 on: December 13, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
I think a roster that features the real Jean, Laura, Namor, Kurt, and Remy is more that formidable and I can't wait to read it. And then the interactions with Gabby? Can't wait for those.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1279 on: December 15, 2017, 09:50:55 AM »
I think a roster that features the real Jean, Laura, Namor, Kurt, and Remy is more that formidable and I can't wait to read it. And then the interactions with Gabby? Can't wait for those.

It's not the characters themselves that irk me it's the assemble braced against how many known and better acquainted characters there are that could have been paired with Jean opposed to this. I'm not planning to snub the book but c'mon. This was a hard sell for me if they didn't announce Gambit. If they would have made this a modified version of the gold team she was on in the 90s or even X-factor in the 80s, I think the book would have a lot more hype around it.

Marvel is trying something new to get fans on board but I don't think they understood it's not the needing something new more than something different and less seen than seen than the Wolverine(s) O5, Rachel, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Kitty.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1280 on: December 18, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but sneak peak to X-Men Red #3 cover

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1281 on: December 18, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »
Looks fantastic

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1282 on: December 18, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »

It's not the characters themselves that irk me it's the assemble braced against how many known and better acquainted characters there are that could have been paired with Jean opposed to this. I'm not planning to snub the book but c'mon. This was a hard sell for me if they didn't announce Gambit. If they would have made this a modified version of the gold team she was on in the 90s or even X-factor in the 80s, I think the book would have a lot more hype around it.

Marvel is trying something new to get fans on board but I don't think they understood it's not the needing something new more than something different and less seen than seen than the Wolverine(s) O5, Rachel, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Kitty.

I probably wouldn't have read it if Gambit weren't in it. That's not because I don't find the team interesting, that's just because I have my limitations on what I can buy. There are some question marks.. yes.. but the characters I named make me to excited to read with Gambit.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1283 on: December 19, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »
I am excited for Gambit in RED and that he is reunited with X-23.

Will see what Taylor has planned for Cajun.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1284 on: December 19, 2017, 09:22:14 AM »
Same here. I'm also excited to see his interactions with Gabby.

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #1285 on: December 19, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »
I am excited for Gambit in RED and that he is reunited with X-23.

Will see what Taylor has planned for Cajun.

I would not be opposed to him and Jean getting it on either. Haha
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1286 on: December 19, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »

I would not be opposed to him and Jean getting it on either. Haha

Oh man, the expressions on Wolvie's and Cyke's (whenever he gets resurrected) faces when they find out would be worth it alone haha

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #1287 on: December 20, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

Oh man, the expressions on Wolvie's and Cyke's (whenever he gets resurrected) faces when they find out would be worth it alone haha

What won’t be worth it will be the Cyclops and Wolverine fans wishing for Gambit’s death and potentially bullying us in the event that that does happen.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1288 on: December 20, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »

What won’t be worth it will be the Cyclops and Wolverine fans wishing for Gambit’s death and potentially bullying us in the event that that does happen.

Eh, Idk. It'd still be worth it to me. I'm already used to people hating on Gambit and being bullied for liking him, so I could care less if it pissed people off

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1289 on: December 21, 2017, 05:43:37 AM »

What? Lolz, they still lurk around huh? I remember some of them from the great diss back on that one website during Gambit week... Ahhhhhhhh, bad times, bad times  :gambit: :gambit: :gambit:

I'm actually quite interested to see what might happen with this line up. It's not my dream team or anything but whatever, just give me some good stuff. Not super slow good stuff like X-Factor though. Damn though, how great would X-factor be if it had been able to keep going? Way too slow, but it had potential.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:55:16 AM by M »